What is needed to beat capital ship challenges?

I have mace ship at 5*. Cannot get aa or gmt ships at 5*. My mace ship is at level 80. Other ships level 1. Do I have to spend tons of ship credits on the other two ships to beat the challenges, or can I do it with level 1 capital ships and really powerful LS and DS ships?

Replies

• WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    If you want Zeta material, you need to get Tarkin's ship up - pronto
  • If you want Zeta material, you need to get Tarkin's ship up - pronto

I am way behind on DS ships at the moment, but I'd like some of the purple ability mats for ships, but can't beat the challenge to unlock them(challenge before zeta). It's sooo expensive to level up capital ships, I was hoping I could work on my DS ships and not have to level up tarkins to much
  • Try to buy ship credits from the cantina store and prestige from the arena store if you are really committed to making progress on fleet. You can also buy ship shards in the GW store if need be.

When I did the Tarkin version of the same challenge I had Tarkin at level 82 and 6 dark side ships all at 82.
  • I have all the geonosian ships, Boba's and ITF. Tarkin's ship is 74, the rest are 75-77.
    I have maxed abilities (short purple mats) on the other ships, and level 2-3 abilities on Tarkin.

I am really close to beating it, but can not yet. Ackbar's wasn't too bad once I 5 starred my main fleet. I can beat his challenge, but not 3 star it. Haven't even bothered to try Mace's more than once yet. I have no shortage of ship droids.
  • Fear_JarJar
    550 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm level 81 and run mace with JC/Ahsoka/clone sarge/tie fighter/slave 1. All level 80. Reinforcements wiggs and tie reaper all level 77/78. After that I pretty much have no ships leveled up except a Plo koon and bistan ship around level 60-70. No darkside ships whatsoever besides tie fighter and slave 1, tie reaper is only 3 stars. I have a fotf, geo spy, geo soldier, and scimitar unlocked but barely leveled. I take top 5 everyday, but struggle with the challenges.
  • I'm thinking a good bench mark to strive for is level 75 t8-t9 on both pilots and ships. My pilots are in their 60s, pretty sure that's why I can't beat it. They're all at least 5 star and t8.
  • So I just beat the challenge to 5 star Tarkin's ship today.
    I just got his ship up to level 75 but have made no other changes besides.

I didn't beat it on the first try today either, it took 2 or 3.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    If you want Zeta material, you need to get Tarkin's ship up - pronto

I am way behind on DS ships at the moment, but I'd like some of the purple ability mats for ships, but can't beat the challenge to unlock them(challenge before zeta). It's sooo expensive to level up capital ships, I was hoping I could work on my DS ships and not have to level up tarkins to much

Purple mats for ships don't become available until teir 3 ie same as zeta