With tourneys gone

brett94
386 posts Member
Tournaments where a good way to get raid gear and those annoying stun cuffs and guns aswell as other things but youve taken that away and only gave back with gw update, can we please get some kind of event monthly that rewards similar to tournaments like a guild boss or something?

Replies

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Most players didnt like the free stuff :) i loved tourneys and truly miss the free credits and gear
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    Most players didnt like the free stuff :) i loved tourneys and truly miss the free credits and gear

Those weren't the issue. The issue was the clear p2w mentality behind them. Only the ones who had stockpiled ally points would have the slightest of chances of getting toons like ShoreTrooper, Chirrut, and Jyn which all shifted the meta in their own way. It would have honestly been absolutely fine if they got rid of the toon prize, and just left the gear and credits rewards. Same concept just no toon involved that people could get cheated out of getting.
  • J0K3R wrote: »

Those weren't the issue. The issue was the clear p2w mentality behind them. Only the ones who had stockpiled ally points would have the slightest of chances of getting toons like ShoreTrooper, Chirrut, and Jyn which all shifted the meta in their own way. It would have honestly been absolutely fine if they got rid of the toon prize, and just left the gear and credits rewards. Same concept just no toon involved that people could get cheated out of getting.

That also wasn't the issue. It was the hacking.
  • What were the tournaments?
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    The best bit about it was gully crafted gear and the extra ships credits, id like the idea of non toon tourneys cause hacking was a major issue and the creds and ship credits was a bonus,killed alot of time and got me to develope my roster faster to, i hoping they return soon still reckon a guild boss would be a good idea to implement it though.
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    J0K3R wrote: »

Free stuff! Even for sending in a single squad! Win win imo.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Mod packs is the biggest loss.

7zDE0EB.png
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Mod packs is the biggest loss.

7zDE0EB.png

Yes to this
  • Tatebomb wrote: »
    J0K3R wrote: »

That also wasn't the issue. It was the hacking.

It wasn't even hacking though, it was guild mates who could mooch off each other's teams to get ridiculous scores with ease. Actual hacking was rarely ever an issue
  • No, per the devs, even, the issue was people dropping upwards of 14 hours of play time and not getting rewards from it! No matter what anyone did only 0.5% of the player base could unlock a toon. They saw an increasing drop in participation with each event. And it was gone.

I promise you it was the steady drop in participation more then anything, however.

That said, since it was brought up yet again... DV's ship is STILL NOT EFFING AVAILABLE. Holy Jebus. My executrix continues to sit there with my 6 star tie fighter and 3 star reaper, unused. Glad one of the main faction admirals still, essentially, only has 1 ship to use with it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • 1) too long
    2) hackers
    3) very slight chance of getting a useable toon even if you're a whale due to the above two reasons

I loved tourney as I had no chance of getting any characters so ranked as I high as I could. The omegas credits and gear were suuuuper helpful.

However I can see the rationale as to why people didn't like them
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    1) too long
    2) hackers
    3) very slight chance of getting a useable toon even if you're a whale due to the above two reasons

I loved tourney as I had no chance of getting any characters so ranked as I high as I could. The omegas credits and gear were suuuuper helpful.

However I can see the rationale as to why people didn't like them

Somewhat agree, the only thing i miss is the resources but could be replaced for a guild boss without the toon of reward of course, its one off the worst thing in the game the 50 piece gear grind , stun cuff after stun gun and then g11 gear another 50 to 60 piecies thats a week with two to three refreshes a day at worst a week and a half. Drops are rng so good luck with getting the right gear. I reckon a once a month guild boss would lessen the grind and be something to replace competion or a world boss in your shard. I hope ea/cg would consider and implement it the game seeing as its not a game breaking aspect of the game and ups the in game time spent .