Tarkin challenge

I only saw one thread on this from January and the asker was way better off than me. Responses said less was ok. I'm trying to beat Tarkin Tier 4. My Tarkin himself is only 4* G6. I use Ackbar.

I only have 5 DS ships, so no reinforcements. They are all 4 star with abilities as high as crew gear allow. I have SF 6 star G8, FOTP 4 star G8, TFP 4 star G7, BF 7 star G9, and GS 5 star G8.

I have tried manually uncountable times attacking a different ship first. That Millenium Falcon is tough. They can call 2 reinforcements. The best I have done is gotten them down to two ships. I have also let auto try it for hours on end while doing other things hoping for an RNG miracle.

I will continue to level/gear TFP(furnace for G8 is gonna take awhile), SF, and BF because I use their ships and crew in the arenas. I don't want to put more resources into Tarkin, GS, FOTP if I don't have too. Arena and GW squads use a lot. At level 76 with no 5 star ships yet I won't be getting a zeta anytime soon, but I have to be ready for when that time comes.

Can I do it with this squad? Can RNG save me, or do I have to put more resources into the three toons I don't want to use? I have 5/80 shards for DM and 0 for shimitar. It might take longer/more resources to get him than to billed the other three.

Replies

• Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I have to put more resources into the three toons I don't want to use?
    Current state of Star Wars: Galaxy of Hugeletdowns (ships). You have to put more resources into toons you don't want to use.
  • Unless you can find value like I did in gearing up toons like GS, FOTP, etc who I can still use in other situations like GW, or trying to build up that lovely FO team that who knows, might go meta later this year
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    This is gonna sound like a terrible strategy, but:
    1) Don't focus fire.
    2) Attack one ship only until you land target lock, then switch to the next ship.
    3) Save Boba Fett's special until at least 3 enemy ships are target locked.
    4) Once 3 ships are target locked, target a ship that is NOT locked with Fett's special.
    5) Watch the fireworks.

May need to try several times to get the RNG right, enemy ships are going to resist the hell out of your target locks.

Keep pushing TF and BF and their ships-- at some point those two alone should be able to take out the challenge.

Consider dropping a few resources into Tarkin. If you can survive until his ultimate, having it actually do damage would be helpful.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Thanks Arkham, I'll try that. Yesterday was my first attempt and today I get to try again. I'll see if that strategy works. The furnace to up TFP is just not gonna be short term possible. I wish I had him at G8 instead of FOTP. I can gear Tarkin to seven tho, I'm just trying to be stingy. I really don't want to put him and GS to 8 tho. After(if) I beat this challenge, GS ship will probably never be used again.
  • After at least 30 try's using Arkhams suggestions, the best I got was down to one opponent. I just used auto for the last 15 min while making supper and my team beat it. So anyone looking to find the minimum requirements, look at my original post. Thanks again Arkham for the suggestion, it got me further than what I was trying.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    No problem, and sorry it wasn't more helpful.

Glad to hear that you got through it though! Hopefully with the use of light side ships the zeta challenge won't be quite as ... challenging for you :)
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Yea...I have a couple weeks to prepare before I'm 78. Gonna bite the bullet on that one and level up pilots. G10 appears to be the goal from what I've read.
  • I beat it with g8 lvl 85 pilots at 5&4 stars, 7* genosian soldier g10 lvl 85 and spy g5 lvl 70, sun fac g5 lvl 85 6*.

My ships were between lvl 70&75 and upgraded as far as it would let me.
    It wasn't easy but I kept trying focus fire and it worked. My executrix was lvl 59.
    So keep trying.
  • I just beat it after 5 tries using Arkham's strategy.

All ships lvl 70. G9 Boba 7*, G9 TFP 5*, G7 SF 4*, G6 FOTP 2*, G7 GS 2*.

It's certainly doable at low power.
  • Hopefully we can be as lucky at the zeta challenge.
  • I used Sun Fac, TFP, Geo Soldier, Slave 1 and FOTFP. All were level 80 except my FOTFP which was like 50ish (I think?). All pilots were gear 10 except for FOTFP (who is 2* not leveled) and Geo Soldier ( 5* gear 8). I managed to 3* it first try
  • I have TFP, GS, and Boba all at G11 but the others are only G7 or G8.

I beat it pretty easily with only those ones built up. I have used them all in arena so that's the only reason they are 7* and G11.
  • I'm getting really close to attempting the actual zeta challenge soon. Hopefully I won't have to gear anyone up higher than they already are
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I hate using Tarkin's ship!
  • Hi, What is the reward for ship challenge if done with one star or twostars instead of three ?
    I passed it with one star, so maybe i did not get all rewards?
  • The fleet commander challenges reward the same reguardless of how many stars you get.