Can we please get an option to change arena payout times?

I'm struggling with a certain guild on my server. I'm in the unfortunate situation that I share a payout time with three of them, with the remaining two an hour later.

It was already getting a little lame trying to navigate around them a few months back as they'd lock each other into position stopping anyone even starting an arena bout. However, they've now started targetting their biggest threats to ensure max payout for their guild and mimiming those not from their guild.

It's a major disadvantage to share their payout time and being to wrong side of a 5 vs 1 is a little frustrating!

Rather than whine about their tactics I'd like to know if there's any support in the community for an easy solution: let me select a different payout so they can arrange slots 1-5 for themselves on a rotation basis. (Can't see the fun in that myself - but to each their own). I could then have a crack at pitting my team agains other players in a more even contest.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options

Should have known there'd be a megathread to bury this in.... but thanks for the redirect.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think they will allow us to chose our pay-out time. too many player favourable side effects i guess, and potentially not even a sollution to your problem.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I'm struggling with a certain guild on my server. I'm in the unfortunate situation that I share a payout time with three of them, with the remaining two an hour later.

It was already getting a little lame trying to navigate around them a few months back as they'd lock each other into position stopping anyone even starting an arena bout. However, they've now started targetting their biggest threats to ensure max payout for their guild and mimiming those not from their guild.

It's a major disadvantage to share their payout time and being to wrong side of a 5 vs 1 is a little frustrating!

Rather than whine about their tactics I'd like to know if there's any support in the community for an easy solution: let me select a different payout so they can arrange slots 1-5 for themselves on a rotation basis. (Can't see the fun in that myself - but to each their own). I could then have a crack at pitting my team agains other players in a more even contest.

Thoughts?

Is it new world order by any chance?
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    I don't think they will allow us to chose our pay-out time. too many player favourable side effects i guess, and potentially not even a sollution to your problem.

Can see that it's a major change. And selecting my own payout is also open to abuse.... but the current system is also more than a little open to manipulation ;)

An alternative would be to reach out to the guild in question I guess, but I'm not sure how successful that'd be (no profit for them in it to add another player to the rota ,)

I'm open to other suggestions.
  • Options
    They should just payout based on max rank for the day. Then no one will care about a specific payout time. Everyone can battle whenever they want. Yes more crystals will be given out overall but everyone will spend more crystals as they can actually spend and be competitive. If someone is not able to play around 6pm every day, they are not going to spend money to try remain competitive.
  • Options

No. And I'm sorry if you're facing a similar situation.

(And a little less frustrated to know it ain't just me .. so thanks for that)
  • Options

No. And I'm sorry if you're facing a similar situation.

(And a little less frustrated to know it ain't just me .. so thanks for that)
    No, I'm in new world order. Haha. There's 10 of us in the top 20 of my shard.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Can see that it's a major change. And selecting my own payout is also open to abuse.... but the current system is also more than a little open to manipulation ;)

An alternative would be to reach out to the guild in question I guess, but I'm not sure how successful that'd be (no profit for them in it to add another player to the rota ,)

i wish i had other suggestions.
  • Options

Ah ... nice for you 10 then ,)

Just out of interest how would you guys react if one of the other players in your arena reached out?
  • Options

Ah ... nice for you 10 then ,)

Just out of interest how would you guys react if one of the other players in your arena reached out?
    We have a shard chat on discord with them all.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Major change, maybe not, but it would increase crystals output from arena, as more people can place #1 if they allow the change.

It's not really manipulation if people are working together within the system, but it is unfortunate if people outside of their payout work against you.

One minor issue is people following others to mess them up at payout, would their be a limit to moves, a time limit or aomething. Want to avoid potential "bullying" too.

Not sure there is a solution, and rather then get involved I think the powers that be will most likely remain hands off as long as possible.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    If this is what they did then wouldn't every person in top 10 agree to choose different hours or half hours so everyone can rotate? This would cause too much collusion
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Collusion is a part of arena the way they have it set up and I doubt anything will change. Looks like you're in a join or die situation more or less. Sniping has become a lot easier though with the changes.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

[....]
    It's not really manipulation if people are working together within the system, but [....]

people seemed to disagree when it involved piggy backing in tournaments, heck, even ea/cg disagreed.
  • Options
    We have a shard chat on discord with them all.

ok... I'll see what reaching out can bring. Best case I get to take a number and wait for my turn (sad that this is the best case solution though).

Worst case I get called some names ;)
  • Options
    This is the biggest travesty in the game. Its not the set time, its not the lockout or sniping its all of that rolled right into time the the working class is commuting, working, dinner, family time. The working class are the people that have the money to spend on games and if they are not going to be competitive because at that time they have other requirements they are not going to spend the money.

The game is not only held up by the big whales, but smaller spenders as well. If they do not spend because they cannot do well in arena, they will go away. As they go away so does a good amount of money.

Plus yes there is potential to give out more crystals but there is also just as much potential for more spending on refreshes, toons, gear to get that top spot which can offset the extra crystals. Plus as people enjoy the game more they are more likely to recommend it to others and give it good ratings getting more people into the game spending more money.
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    If this is what they did then wouldn't every person in top 10 agree to choose different hours or half hours so everyone can rotate? This would cause too much collusion
    Zooey wrote: »
    Collusion is a part of arena the way they have it set up and I doubt anything will change. Looks like you're in a join or die situation more or less. Sniping has become a lot easier though with the changes.

There is plenty of working together out there already. Just allow us to play when we want on this one aspect instead of when you want us to. You already force us to log in for shop refreshes and energy refreshes, let us pick or use highest of the day for this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

[....]
    It's not really manipulation if people are working together within the system, but [....]

people seemed to disagree when it involved piggy backing in tournaments, heck, even ea/cg disagreed.

True, but they did change teams (or mods)to due this, that I would consider a manipulation.

2 people taking turns attacking each other to lock in position is much like teams do in racing.

Either way this isn't the best system and we just need to work out the best way to deal with it or hope they change it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Kinna how I see it. Takes the fun out of arena though... Guess I could sim missions or do GW for kicks ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Kinna how I see it. Takes the fun out of arena though... Guess I could sim missions or do GW for kicks ;)

GW > arena
    by far! (imo)
  • Options

GW > arena
    by far! (imo)

Arena is challenging... GW less so (my opinion).
    No do-overs. Timing your attacks. Not knowing if you'll hold position make it more interactive... plus the crystals are nicer ;)

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    You should probably just join their guild..
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @Dooku_for_days

We have the same discord chat on our server, but one of your guys is just not interested.
    The only one who benefits by a challenging shard is EA, but the nwo guy just wants to burn crystals every day.

He might get #1 in your raids every time ;)
  • Options
    They should just payout based on max rank for the day. Then no one will care about a specific payout time. Everyone can battle whenever they want. Yes more crystals will be given out overall but everyone will spend more crystals as they can actually spend and be competitive. If someone is not able to play around 6pm every day, they are not going to spend money to try remain competitive.

Totally agree with this point - this would be the greatest QoL update they could ever bless us with. Would be fantastic for every player who interrupts their work, etc. to manage a payout. The extra crystals awarded would probably not be that great as some players would be unable to penetrate the higher ranks anyway (where a lot of the crystal juice sits). Only question is would it encourage players to spend - the answer is probably yes but hard to quantify. One big factor in this is more and more people seem to be creating chat groups in order to arrange payouts to maximise payouts anyway given the unnecessary stress payout time can create
  • Options
    Is it the bhg guild? I think I'm in your shard
  • Options
    Chris10 wrote: »
    Is it the bhg guild? I think I'm in your shard

I deliberately left names out of it so I don't come across as too whiny (possibly already failed there!).

What's your screen name?
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    You should probably just join their guild..

Kinna just rolls the problem on to the next player though... ultimately ending with the entire arena in the same guild.

Shifting payout or max rank within a time window would maybe encourage more diversity?