February release notes

Replies

• Everything looks great. I like how the cantina currency looks as well as the new cantina stamina colour. Arena is awesome! I like being able to see the full party im up against. Everything looks crisp, good job guys than you
  • Thank you**
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Talia still broken, the bad heals
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • I updated my original post with the following:
    ALSO, not all of these changes will be live in game until 2/10/2016 when a forced update will put all players on the same version of the game, example being character changes.

Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Extremely disappointed that the shard shop is so stingy. It takes 10 shards and gives you enough "shard shop credit" for 1 shard. Now - I wouldn't mind this if I were choosing to pick up extra shards - such as buying shipments in Arena / Cantina / GW for completed characters. At that point I am knowingly choosing to accept the extortion exchange rate. But when I have no choice in receiving extra shards - such as drawing a Chromium pack that is a character I have already completed - it is beyond frustrating.

Now not only were the crystals Chromium pack that gave me no usable character or shards - now those 10-12 "extra" shards are now reduced to only 1 shard in the shard shop - a horrible return for buying the premium pack in the game. This is ridiculously stingy and only solidifies the fact that I will never again spend a penny on this game.

I have never seen a game before that punishes someone for spending cash on it like this.
  • akositzke wrote: »
    Extremely disappointed that the shard shop is so stingy. It takes 10 shards and gives you enough "shard shop credit" for 1 shard. Now - I wouldn't mind this if I were choosing to pick up extra shards - such as buying shipments in Arena / Cantina / GW for completed characters. At that point I am knowingly choosing to accept the extortion exchange rate. But when I have no choice in receiving extra shards - such as drawing a Chromium pack that is a character I have already completed - it is beyond frustrating.

Now not only were the crystals Chromium pack that gave me no usable character or shards - now those 10-12 "extra" shards are now reduced to only 1 shard in the shard shop - a horrible return for buying the premium pack in the game. This is ridiculously stingy and only solidifies the fact that I will never again spend a penny on this game.

I have never seen a game before that punishes someone for spending cash on it like this.

on top of you getting "less" shards if you opened a pack, "unlocked" a already "unlocked" toon and got less shards for it then what the toon cost to unlock in other ways/areas of the game.

lol... total rip off IMO.

oh well.
  • A more fair exchange would be 4:1. The logic being that you need 4 x and the fastest you could could go per day even farming in all 4 shipments areas (Counting Cantina Missions) is abiut 40 shards:

10 in cantina Shipments
    15 in GW
    8 in Arena
    7 in Cantina missions

This would give End Game farmers a use for all they shards they make in a day: 10 shards for Shard Exchange exclusives.

It will also take someone a full month and sacrificing every shipment location (except regular missions that are really slow, but even with them diesn't change much) and other char progress.

At the current rate it would take a person using all Energy and 650 Crystals per day about 2.5 months to farm a char to 7* in Shard Shipments and about 45,000 Crystals. At this stage the person is just doing repetitive tasks all day to farm in maybe 10 locations, keeping up in Arena, etc. for full 80 days just tonsee a char mive up in stars with the last upgrade taking about 20 days.

I come from a position where I have very few extra yards, maybe 60. But if I was one of those that has 600 extra yards I would not be happy...yeah, it's best to have something vs nothing...and nobody wants this game to become all aboutbshard exchanges. But just getting from 6* to 7* is too much.

The only thing that could save this is the improving shard exonomics as one acquires more level 7* chars. Can anybody at CG explain this part? If by the time one has 25 7*s the rate becomes 4:1 or 3:1 then clarify and this would solve it, making clear Shard Exhange is very very end game stuff.
  • That's a big update! Glad to see a dev team putting out some really good stuff. Kudos to you all!!!
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Update looks good so far.

As a relatively new player I'm a hit disappointed how yoda is unlocked taking into account a full team of maxed jedi are needed. I guess it's good that it adds late game content for those who have been playing longer but I imagine it will be over 6 months before I can consider this aspect of the game.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Starjumper wrote: »
    Update looks good so far.

As a relatively new player I'm a hit disappointed how yoda is unlocked taking into account a full team of maxed jedi are needed. I guess it's good that it adds late game content for those who have been playing longer but I imagine it will be over 6 months before I can consider this aspect of the game.

Also..... That jedi bundle that was in the store is looking more appealing now..... Shame the offer has expired
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Is the update out? My game still looks the same im on ios
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Update ur app
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Prscustom wrote: »
    Is the update out? My game still looks the same im on ios

Go in to app store and update
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    I updated my original post with the following:
    ALSO, not all of these changes will be live in game until 2/10/2016 when a forced update will put all players on the same version of the game, example being character changes.

So Jesse has this moved from the 11th to today now?
  • where is the shard shop? is it easy to find? i'm assuming it's not in the update that i just did. The Arena war changes look nice.

really disappointed if the shard shop is that stingy...i imagine it will partly backfire on them and people will be less likely to buy chromium cards knowing the extra shards are still basically useless. would rather see your conversions be limited based on time as opposed to shard value...

money grab as always!!
  • TarboNash wrote: »
    where is the shard shop? is it easy to find?

Scroll all the way to the right side, after Jabba the Hut :)
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    I updated my original post with the following:

@EA_Jesse Will there be new characters added in addition to Yoda and the shard shop character? There's still nothing in the first post and previous posts had indicated that new characters were on their way.

• Robobob
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Great update. Nice to finally see what you guys have been up to the last few weeks. ;)
    Also, thanks for listening and responding to many of the suggestions and critiques on these forums.
  • after the update i have some kind of Lag (freezes) is it me or anyone else : LG G4 Beat
  • The events still require keycards to be able to play.
  • Starjumper wrote: »
    Also..... That jedi bundle that was in the store is looking more appealing now..... Shame the offer has expired

There will be a new one soon. It's EA.

• Sell button / screen removed

[*] Any player that had a mining droid in the inventory will receive an Inbox message granting the credit value of the droids.

I didn't receive any message with credit, I had really a lot of mining Droids (never sold any of them) when will I get back my credit?
  • The events still require keycards to be able to play.

ok, so its not just me that says I don't have enough keycards to enter, and it is still showing locked. I can not access the events now.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The codecard events still require the codecards, but you removed the table where we got them from.
    And the prices for the shard store are ridiculous.
    75 points for 5 shards?
    So you have to spend 20 shards to get 300 points.
    And you only get 2(!) shards?
  • Better than not having a shard store
  • The bugs are fixed now? All works well? :dizzy:
  • Phasma stills trigger her leader abilty even with non-attacking abilities. I faced someone in the arena who activited March of Victory and triggered an extra attack. Also, Windu's and Savage's kit haven't changed at all. There still the same
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Characters being fixed today in forced update EA JESSE? When can we expect this to take place I am eastern time zone
  • Darth_Malak
    577 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @Baldo it's EA man.. What do you expect?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    @Baldo it's EA man.. What do you expect?

LOL well was supposed to be today!!