February release notes

Replies

  • Btw these are first impressions? Which may change as I read it all properly lol
  • I like what I am seeing in the update except one thing... Poe. The fact of how much time and effort that went into farming him into 7* because of his usefulness is now moot. He is now "Like the other tanks" as Jesse eloquently put it.
    He was not bugged, there was nothing to fix that was not correct. Now he is nerfed because of his ability that THEY made him to be. There are already useful strategies to beat Poe teams... The people that spent all that time and effort are basically told to QQ and suck it up. I personally do not think that is fair. When they fixed Princess Phew Phew it was due to a bug... FOTP.. bug... Poe~~sorry guys we made him too good and we know you spent hours and cash starring him up, but too bad there is too many people crying about him in game now.

    Kind of reminds me of the current political environment :(

    You are aware that nothing that actually makes Poe so awesome has been changed? He still goes first, he still exposes, and he still takes away the turn meter from the opposition. Job done. If they'd reduced his speed by one allowing faster people to go first, that would have been better tbh.
  • Zeeb05 wrote: »
    I don't understand all the fuss about Asajj. I freakin' love her and she's got me out of a lot of sticky situations, especially with her dispel. As far as the "not healing the team anymore" thing goes, Asajj (for me) barley ever healed my entire team, and when she did, it wasn't much at all. Sure, she's not the fastest character but I have never had a probem using her and I think her nerf was for the better. I'm getting that dispel 100% of the time now. Taking away her incredibly unreliable and weak "team heal" couldn't bother me less.

    Asajj frequently heals my team more than daka does. It was very powerful if you leveled the 2nd ability (I'm at level 7).
  • Hoped for guild feature ingame but anyway nice update!
  • Please explain if I understand it correctly. You must have at least 5 in Jedi team if you want to compete in Jedi event? You can't do it with 4? We will not be able to sell items after the update?
  • They nerfed Poe pretty bad considering he is one of the longest characters to star up. I dont get what you guys expect in one update. You want them to make him completely useless. Expose hitting less is a huge nerf. The taunt already can be removed if you have a certain character in your squad. So at that point all he has is a turn meter reduction.
  • Bravo fantastic update
  • I would like to point out that they should make varied challenges like an all jedi challenge or an all sith challenge in there recent ask the developers questions thread. I think I should deserve some crystals for that or something.
    Empire Relic
  • I don't like the ability to see other people's teams in Arena. I constantly rank in the top 20, and fall back down to 35ish. I don't use Poe, so now everyone will target me because of this and I fear that I will fall way down in the ranks because of this.
  • Rolf wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    So the new Event mode is to let whales acquire another unique hero.
    Because F2P players don't have 5 jedi's LMAO.

    You can have 5 as a f2p player. Most are quite easy to farm. And QGJ just became available for f2p

    Obviously I am not saying there isn't 5 farmable Jedi's in the game.
    But, it will take all my resource to farm those Jedi's and most of them aren't effective in arena or GW.

    In regards to the bolded, I disagree - immensely. First off, Lumi is, of course useful in both. I am basically f2p and have 3 Jedi that ALWAYS run in GW A/B team: 7* Lumi, 6* Ahosaka and 5* JC (soon to be 6, then 7) - that's 3 of 5 - with QGJ now available, the buff to Mace, even JK Guardian and Im-Gun Di both somewhat farmable, you have many options to get to 5, even without any lucky card draws.

    Many are presuming that a fully power QGJ could help vs. Poe - and Mace is looking MUCH improved with the new buffs. Lumi has always been great offense (ability block + solid DPS) and healer in arena. At least 2 of 3 (if not all 3) look to be useful in arena teams as well as GW.
    Let's not overlook an important point. You actually have to *win* the battle. Are your Eeth, Ima, and Guardian going to help your other "good" Jedi win this fight? And is it worth starring them when you'll put them back on the shelf again after the event?

    First off, I wouldn't farm all 3 of those - ONE of those might be the fifth Jedi. In fact, as I stated, the three you listed are secondary options behind Lumi, JC, Ahsoka, QGJ & Mace. Part of it depends on if you got any of those in lucky drops. Is a team of Lumi, JC, Ahsoka, QGJ and Guardian the perfect Jedi team? No. Will they likely do well enough to win? Absolutely.

    To your second point - yes, the 5th Jedi will likely go to the bench...and replaced by the amazing Jedi you just unlocked (Jedi Luke? Young Obi? Yoda? - we have no idea yet). That's part of the game. Progress.

    I don't know about you, but I like playing different characters and trying to find different ways to utilize/synergize their abilities. Trotting the same tired team out for every match is not fun. If the new system of events will allow me to use/advance different characters that might have spent the rest of their digital lives on my bench, I like it. There have been numerous threads (and many posts in this thread) bemoaning the fact that people always trot out the same teams (be it Poe + DPS in arena or Phasma + Sid + Lumi in GW, etc.) They come up with ways for players to utilize other characters and people are now complaining about that too. I am not one of them. I LOVE that they are expanding the events to encourage diversification in characters/teams.

    For those that simply want to uber-power up their main 5 and roll, that's fine. But to me, that's not a game nor is that any fun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Great update. Can we get push notifications about available energy?
    HUTT TANK: YOU HAVE TO BRIBE WITH CRYSTALS TO PASS MY TAUNT!!!
  • My only qualm after re reading it is seeing opponents teams. A lot of arena is psychology, trying to guess a team based on leader, gear, lvl and power. We ha to make educated guesses on who to attack. Now however I feel it will be so much easier to drop rank, purely based on the fact that AI will almost always use the team incorrectly. still interested to see how it pans out. It could work out in your favour too I guess.
  • So basically you're handing anyone who focused on Jedis (which the devs made incredible weak for some strange reason compared to sith) Yoda. & Pretty much screwing over everyone else. It should not be based on that everybody focused on different characters. So anyone who didnt put there sole focus on leveling jedi dont have a chance at a new character I appreciate more of the screwing us over.
  • People complaining about Jedi Event are pathetic.
    I have 7* Lumi 6* JC 4* Ima Gun Di 3* Qui Gon and 3* Eeth Koth

    It will take me AGES to get them all to 7* especially Ima Gun Di. Might try to look for Bariss instead. Still not complaining as it is fun.
    If you want to still focus on useless characters that only perform good like GeoSol or FOTP be my guest, I will put all my resources into Jedi atm
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    @AbysmalDarkside, That's not how I am reading this. It's a repeatable event to get shards for the new character. Just like you have to reach specific achievements to unlock Vader, you have to repeat this event when available to unlock Yoda. Yes, you have to level up Jedi to get the to the top tier of the event, just like you have to unlock 25 Light Side/Dark Side characters to get 5 Darth Vader shards. It's a method to keep people playing.
  • Great update. It will be interesting to see how the changed characters perform. A speed buff for Asajj would've been nice, but health steal should make her very viable in GW if not Arena.
  • RAYRAY
    2637 posts Member
    I like what I am seeing in the update except one thing... Poe. The fact of how much time and effort that went into farming him into 7* because of his usefulness is now moot. He is now "Like the other tanks" as Jesse eloquently put it.
    He was not bugged, there was nothing to fix that was not correct. Now he is nerfed because of his ability that THEY made him to be. There are already useful strategies to beat Poe teams... The people that spent all that time and effort are basically told to QQ and suck it up. I personally do not think that is fair. When they fixed Princess Phew Phew it was due to a bug... FOTP.. bug... Poe~~sorry guys we made him too good and we know you spent hours and cash starring him up, but too bad there is too many people crying about him in game now.

    Kind of reminds me of the current political environment :(

    The adjustments to Poe do nothing for the issues he causes. If they straight up removed his turn meter reduction, then he would be a "fair" character to fight against. These changes won't fix anything. If you think he got nerfed beyond being useful, I am not sure you understand why he is so good...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • There were 2 changes that affect my squad: 1 I love and 1 I hate.

    I love they buffed Savage Opress a bit. I hated that his finishing move was almost always dodged for some reason by certain characters... -cough- Sid -cough- So, he will be much better on my team.

    I hate they nerfed Asajj Ventress. Why? Why would they do that? The dark side has virtually no healers as it is, so why remove one? Her dispel barely worked, so at least they fixed that portion, but now she only heals herself?!?!? I don't get that... and they left Poe pretty much untouched. There's so many things they could have done to make her a worthwhile teammate—speed her up, make her hit harder... but they effectively killed her instead.

    Overall, I can't wait for the update though—just sad they nerfed a character that needed a buff instead.
  • Varlie wrote: »
    @AbysmalDarkside, That's not how I am reading this. It's a repeatable event to get shards for the new character. Just like you have to reach specific achievements to unlock Vader, you have to repeat this event when available to unlock Yoda. Yes, you have to level up Jedi to get the to the top tier of the event, just like you have to unlock 25 Light Side/Dark Side characters to get 5 Darth Vader shards. It's a method to keep people playing.

    I think its only repeatable for 1 week then its gone for a while. How long we do not know
  • Overall it looks like a great update.

    The only weakness is the combo of not "practically" changing Poe (not in a way that actually changes why he is OP in arena) + being able to preview your arena opponent's lineup only forces all the Arena teams to look the same - "Add Poe or be a target". A game which has only one truly viable strategy is not a game. Sadly, this update makes the "Poe-centricity" of Arena even worse.

    That said, while it takes away strategy in one area of the game, at least it adds it in others - the new events sound way cool! And sound like they will actually encourage diversification!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LargKellein
    192 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Lots of good stuff, and yet all I can focus on is this:
    "Jedi Councilroom sky was a black abyss showing naught but the passing vehicles. It now shows more than that so as not to remind players of the void."

    Whoever wrote that should be named official release note poet. It's beautiful and artistic in a manner rivaled only by the classic "the night was moist".
  • And again, when will the update be live?
  • speZialiZt wrote: »
    And again, when will the update be live?

    They said sometime next week give or take a few days.
  • Will you ever consider giving us new character previews? Doesn't have to be specific but maybe a general description of their abilities and what class they will be (Attacker, Tank, Support, Healer, Jedi, Sith, etc). One of the big positives of this game for me is your ability to add new characters from the Star Wars-verse that can potentially change the game (i.e. seriously... can we please get another DS healer??? The Talia buff IS nice, but still...).

    I like to speculate and think on how a new character may be worth it to get and it helps me decide if I should spend those Ability Mats now or wait for a new character to be released instead.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    No info about a bug with no "login to google" button in setting menu. It looks like I will not be able to sync my game progress to the google. Again and again.
  • Woah that's quite of an update, keep the good work guys!
  • Love it! I am super excited about this update. The bonus energy and events are gonna rule. Also love the fact that they're addressing the gear crafting. The only things i'm not digging are the nerf to Assajj (she is already borderline unusable) and the fact that a pilot from The Force Awakens is still the most powerful character in the game... everything else is the bomb! Great job devs!

    PS - I also have my fingers crossed that some characters that weren't previously farmable will be added to GW and Arena shipments ;)
  • People's lack of understanding in regards to Poe's mechanics baffles me. Poe is essentially unchanged for his primary purpose. The only two things that matter on him are his speed and his turn meter reduction. His expose was overkill.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Assaj is re nerfed? Thanks to ruin again one of my characters.
    I want a refund.
    Poe nerfed? I will post my own list about characters I want you to nerf too.
    Btw I want another refund.
    Opress is too OP. Nerf him.
    Mace is too OP. Nerf him.
    Phasma skill nerfed? I dont get why a heal cant ask for an extra character attack. They are working as a team, march to victory!
    I want a refund.

    Good jod anyway. Looks you worked hard on it.
  • @Prototo - Except... "A limited time Event can re-appear at a later date after its time limit has expired. Players' progress will be saved from previous attempts."
Sign In or Register to comment.