I'll be getting 20 zetas soon and plan on overhauling my arena team

DatBoi
3615 posts Member
I've decided on putting the zetas on maul since zVader has never been a problem for me and few people in my shard are using zMaul. However my team (currently Palp (L), Vader, TFP, RG, Boba) will likely need some changes to maximize zMaul's effectiveness. Any advice on who to gear/farm would be greatly appreciated. I'd prefer to stick with characters I've already unlocked or are relatively obtainable for me (so no GK, Baze, Chirrut, Shoretrooper, etc)

https://swgoh.gg/u/datboi/collection/

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Also, I don't have a problem with zeta farming so feel free to suggest supporting toons who will eventually need them
  • If you do Zaul and run:

Zaul (L)
    Sith Assassin
    Nihlus
    Palpatine
    Sith Trooper

Since 3/5 of those listed toons aren't geared up in your roster, I'd recommend Zader.
  • I use zmaul, zsavage, dn, ep, vader and very happy...
    To me zsavage and dn are my favourite atm...
    I think you cant go wrong with zsavage, dn, sa, sith trooper really (even 3*)... but in short term your vader and ep will do great.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    If you do Zaul and run:

Zaul (L)
    Sith Assassin
    Nihlus
    Palpatine
    Sith Trooper

Since 3/5 of those listed toons aren't geared up in your roster, I'd recommend Zader.
    Zader is certainly good in raids, but in arena i wipe the floor with him using palpatine lead
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    To commemorate myself reaching level 85, I switched to a Zaul team. Am currently running Zaul, Zid, Zader, EP, Sith Trooper. It is very fun, so much so that I don't sim my Dark Side battles anymore and look forward to using them in battle. Will be working towards Zihilus to replace my Zader.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    If you do Zaul and run:

Zaul (L)
    Sith Assassin
    Nihlus
    Palpatine
    Sith Trooper

Zader is certainly good in raids, but in arena i wipe the floor with him using palpatine lead

Zader's not meant for arena just like how Zaul is not meant for raids. If you're looking at an arena standpoint, it's Zaul, no competition here.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    If you do Zaul and run:

Zaul (L)
    Sith Assassin
    Nihlus
    Palpatine
    Sith Trooper

Zader's not meant for arena just like how Zaul is not meant for raids. If you're looking at an arena standpoint, it's Zaul, no competition here.

I heard zaul does pretty well in parts of the tank raid (even after the health block update). Know anything about that?
  • I can do just over 309k in p1 with my arena z maul team... not great but saves me moving mods which i hate
  • Sith assassin and DN are core to a zDM Sith comp for arena - they are both great at 3* with max gear. DN is not hard to gear, he's pretty easy and SA is average to gear. Not a huge project there. Building those two should be priority #1. SA is the engine to the Sith team kick-starting the TM for all Sith to move first. With the 20% TM push from zDM she can be modded pretty reliably to move before anything else and give Sith a sizable speed edge. DN is key for 3 reasons in a Sith comp...1: the CD reduction severely locks down the opponent in rd 1 ensuring the speed advantage is not wasted 2: Dispel on his basic is only dispel Sith have really and lastly 3: Annihilate - there are a handful of characters now that are incredibly hard to kill in certain situations even if you are 3 on 1 on 4 on 2, etc....Chaze, zSO, zDooku (or non-zeta under DN leader), zKylo (if he has low health the AI will use outlash and fill prot), zDM if he's really loaded up his health late in the battle. You'll need his annihilate for these characters and others.

After that you'll want a taunter or a non-Sith that effectively tuants. This is where you either look at zKylo for your second zeta or build Trooper. Now...I'd recommend you zeta Kylo next for your "taunter" in a Sith comp - I run him in that set and he's insanely powerful in that role. He effectively taunts as the only non-Sith since they are in stealth often. It's incredibly reliable. Trooper is a beast - I'm building him he's a g10 now - but he's a HARD gear and is only going to be great with Sith generally...that's a big project for a somewhat narrow use. Kylo you already have built pretty well and 5*. Kylo is also good in raids - Trooper not in particular. Kylo with a zeta is arguably better in that taunter role than Trooper even - he's unkillable for the AI. Kylo works very well in that role if he's max gear and no zeta. Not as good because his ability to taunt is more limited without generating protection, but still effective.

The next zeta I'd put on Savage...he's elite tier once zeta and since he's pretty complex to deal with - the AI has no idea how to handle him.

You put out a team with zDM, SA, DN, zSO, and zKylo you'll be able to beat any team no problem and you'll defend very well also.

• E00N
    147 posts Member
    Sith assassin and DN are core to a zDM Sith comp for arena - they are both great at 3* with max gear. DN is not hard to gear, he's pretty easy and SA is average to gear. Not a huge project there. Building those two should be priority #1. SA is the engine to the Sith team kick-starting the TM for all Sith to move first. With the 20% TM push from zDM she can be modded pretty reliably to move before anything else and give Sith a sizable speed edge. DN is key for 3 reasons in a Sith comp...1: the CD reduction severely locks down the opponent in rd 1 ensuring the speed advantage is not wasted 2: Dispel on his basic is only dispel Sith have really and lastly 3: Annihilate - there are a handful of characters now that are incredibly hard to kill in certain situations even if you are 3 on 1 on 4 on 2, etc....Chaze, zSO, zDooku (or non-zeta under DN leader), zKylo (if he has low health the AI will use outlash and fill prot), zDM if he's really loaded up his health late in the battle. You'll need his annihilate for these characters and others.

After that you'll want a taunter or a non-Sith that effectively tuants. This is where you either look at zKylo for your second zeta or build Trooper. Now...I'd recommend you zeta Kylo next for your "taunter" in a Sith comp - I run him in that set and he's insanely powerful in that role. He effectively taunts as the only non-Sith since they are in stealth often. It's incredibly reliable. Trooper is a beast - I'm building him he's a g10 now - but he's a HARD gear and is only going to be great with Sith generally...that's a big project for a somewhat narrow use. Kylo you already have built pretty well and 5*. Kylo is also good in raids - Trooper not in particular. Kylo with a zeta is arguably better in that taunter role than Trooper even - he's unkillable for the AI. Kylo works very well in that role if he's max gear and no zeta. Not as good because his ability to taunt is more limited without generating protection, but still effective.

The next zeta I'd put on Savage...he's elite tier once zeta and since he's pretty complex to deal with - the AI has no idea how to handle him.

You put out a team with zDM, SA, DN, zSO, and zKylo you'll be able to beat any team no problem and you'll defend very well also.

I have the same goals as you. But i am crying about replace Palpatine for zSavage = worth it?