Question and problem with speed mods and math

I've got lots of speed secondaries and what not but I finally got a few decent speed secondaries with actual speed mods instead of CD. Got a problem with some math though.

The mods I currently have on EP to get him to 216 are 12, 16, 11, 30, 11, 14. Added onto his 122 gives him 216.

However, I have a speed mod set I want to use instead because I thought it would get him faster. The 4 speed mods I have on him each have 11, 10, 30, 1. (Haven't found a good one for that slot yet)

According to the math from the speed mods and taking a square and circle from my Nihilus with 14 and 18, he has 18, 14, 11, 10, 30, 1. This adds 84 to EP putting him at 206 before the speed set bonus.

Now the speed set says it adds 10% speed. If this is the case and I understand it correctly, then I should multiply the 206 by 1.1 to add 10% onto it. This should put EP at 226.6 ( I know the .6 doesn't count) but when I actually put the mods on he is at 218.

My question is where did that 8.6 speed go and why is it not being applied?

Replies

• CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Options
    The 10% bonus only applies to base speed. EP's max base is 122 so you only get +12.
  • Options
    10% being applied to base speed maybe?

206 + 122*0.1 = 218.2
  • Options
    Wait really? Oh. Wish that was common knowledge. Doesn't read like that on the speed set. Appreciate the answer
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    The 10% bonus only applies to base speed. EP's max base is 122 so you only get +12.

He is correct. All the bonuses you get from mods, toons, etc is off the max base.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

Also one caviot, the base speed for this calculation does NOT include any speed added from the current gear, only from closed gear sets. So any viable gear that may add speed will not be included in the base value used in the calculation.