Question about shipment refreshes

Hey guys, quick question about shipment refreshes. My query is concerning Mod shipments mainly. As a relatively stingy f2p player I have yet to refresh a single shipment from any area of the game. So my question is, how many refreshes is normal before you get a good Mod to pop up, and do the refresh rates go up from 15? Thanks in advance.

https://swgoh.gg/u/soillathegrouch/

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have only done afew in 1 day and they were always 15, I think I did 2 in a row.

A guils mate said he did 2 refreshes a day for 2 weeks and got 2 good ones. There is no set number just do it or dont, as f2p it's a gamble which in this game is not the beat investment...

After you get a good one (gold with speed secondary) it's still a rng dependent if it will be good, so keep that in mind.
  • Options
    I've never seen it go above 15 crystals and have done 3 or 4 refreshes a day before.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    First... since the word 'good' is very subjective, I'll let you make the calculation based on the following: What is the average number of times the mod shop naturally refreshes before you get what you consider a 'good' mod to drop? That will be the average number of refreshes you will have to buy, at 15 crystals per refresh, before a good mod drops. Spending crystals to refresh the selection doesn't magically improve the overall quality of the selections in the store. If it typically takes a week for a 'good' mod to show up naturally (checking all four natural refreshes), it will typically take 28 purchased refreshes to see the same quality mod appear (7 days times 4 natural refreshes per day equals 28 refreshes).

Second, the cost to refresh does not change. It's 15 credits the first time, and 15 credits the last time. And, yes... there is a last time, as there is a maximum number of daily refreshes available (I don't remember what the max is ... 100, maybe?).
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    I heard 120 refreshes.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    First... since the word 'good' is very subjective, I'll let you make the calculation based on the following: What is the average number of times the mod shop naturally refreshes before you get what you consider a 'good' mod to drop? That will be the average number of refreshes you will have to buy, at 15 crystals per refresh, before a good mod drops. Spending crystals to refresh the selection doesn't magically improve the overall quality of the selections in the store. If it typically takes a week for a 'good' mod to show up naturally (checking all four natural refreshes), it will typically take 28 purchased refreshes to see the same quality mod appear (7 days times 4 natural refreshes per day equals 28 refreshes).

Second, the cost to refresh does not change. It's 15 credits the first time, and 15 credits the last time. And, yes... there is a last time, as there is a maximum number of daily refreshes available (I don't remember what the max is ... 100, maybe?).

Eh, I usually get a decent mod within 10-15 refreshes of the Mod shop, not 28. So I'd say its about half as expensive as you'd expect, but maybe I just get lucky.

But yes, always 15 crystals to refresh it, its the only shop I ever refresh as a f2p because mods are everything and it's cheap.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    The 28 refreshes I mentioned was an example, not a definitive value. Spending 15 crystals does not somehow make the mods any better. It simply removes the waiting period between refreshes.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    The 28 refreshes I mentioned was an example, not a definitive value. Spending 15 crystals does not somehow make the mods any better. It simply removes the waiting period between refreshes.

Yeah I know I was just adding in what my personal experience was for about how many refreshes it usually takes me so the OP could get a feel for what it might be.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

This. Crystals only decrease the wait time. They in no way change the odds.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    This is all very useful info everyone. Glad it stays at 15 crystals, makes me a little more inclined to refresh. Thanks everyone.