First Reactions to February Release Notes

Relish_Yoda
164 posts Member
edited February 2016
Please note this is posted about 20 minutes after the "February Release Notes" were posted. So apologies if my first reactions prove misguided.

Smart Business with Events System Now the only way to get [Yoda] will be to have five (typo on the seven?) fully starred Jedis. Start cranking with the shards!

Arena will be a totally new and better experience. The fact that you see the entire squad (and their stats) ahead of time will allow you to plan battles (mixing up toons) and avoid battles with low likelihood of winning. Much more strategy and thoughtfulness required. Couple that with a better sniping system and should be a lot of fun.

Shard Shop seems thoughtful. Makes a lot of sense and look forward to see detailed workings!

Energy windows = easy way to add content. Good move. Frankly, now I need to plan my days in more detail. LOL.

Effective mini-nerf to Phasma. She's my lead, as is the case with three quarters of the top 50 in my server, so makes sense to nerf. Reducing the ally assist is a soft nerf that makes her less necessary for meta. Gut math is that she continues to be lead for most, but lets reserve judgement. A bunch of my attacks are non-attacks (taunt, turn meter manipulation, heal, you name it). So yeah, effectively less damage to the opposing team.

Poe Nerfed? Reducing the expose % by 15 will move the needle. That's an average of one less toon exposed at the beginning, or so. Reduced tenacity reduces his heal too.

Leia finally does not always 100% crit. Only fair.

Those are my initial major needle-moving headlines. I'm sure more will be digested soon. Great job @EA_Jesse , @CG_JohnSalera and the rest of the devs!

Replies

• Phasma. He's my lead

Sigh
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I think they did awesome. I'm worried about Ventress but they CAN and have proven they will make adjustments when necessary. So excited about what they will be doing with events.
  • Phasma. He's my lead

Brienne of Tarth is not amused
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I'm curious about their adjustments to Savage. He's essentially gonna have a perpetual ATK up now. :)
  • My reaction, I am glad I did not hop on the Phasma/Poe bandwagon and stayed focused on my core players.. I am ready to shard and move on!
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Iam annoyed I have to 7* jc.. Kept him at 6 cuz I didn't use him lol and I dislike that you can view the squad in arena.. I liked the surprise
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    My reaction, I am glad I did not hop on the Phasma/Poe bandwagon and stayed focused on my core players.. I am ready to shard and move on!

Fixed! Sorry. At least give me credit that I was correct on the the rest of that section with the pronouns...
  • HanSlowMo
    235 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Arena will be a totally new and better experience. The fact that you see the entire squad (and their stats) ahead of time will allow you to plan battles (mixing up toons) and avoid battles with low likelihood of winning. Much more strategy and thoughtfulness required. Couple that with a better sniping system and should be a lot of fun. Only fair.

Those are my initial major needle-moving headlines. I'm sure more will be digested soon. Great job @EA_Jesse , @CG_JohnSalera and the rest of the devs!

"hhmmm, lemme see...*refresh* Poe, Phasma, Sid, Dooku, Poggle

*refresh*
    Poe, Sid, Phasma, Lumi, Genosian soldier

*refresh*
    Poe, First order Tie Pilot, Sid, Phasma, Lumi

*refresh*
    Poe, QGJ, Sid, First order Tie Pilot, Poggle

ect. ect. ect.....

• I really don't like this.
    Arena will be a totally new and better experience. The fact that you see the entire squad (and their stats) ahead of time will allow you to plan battles (mixing up toons) and avoid battles with low likelihood of winning. Much more strategy and thoughtfulness required. Couple that with a better sniping system and should be a lot of fun.

I'm going to get destroyed.

Bye bye sub 100 rewards.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.

Bye bye sub 100 rewards.

You know, a natural extension of this is to be able to set up your defense team (maybe after your 5 battles?). I'f i'm going to adjust my team to fight a specific player, I'll want to finish my last battle with my basic A-Team or a defense team, you know what I mean?
  • I'm kind of sad about people seeing my arena team. Been playing for about 5 days, our server seems fairly new... So I liked hiding my good characters behind Chewie.
  • I'm kind of sad about people seeing my arena team. Been playing for about 5 days, our server seems fairly new... So I liked hiding my good characters behind Chewie.

Every new player starts on a relatively new server
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    They should let you see squad but not the star rating
  • @EA_Jesse if a Dot and HoT effect are on someone, which procs first? for example will the DoT kill the hero before the HoT affects or will the HoT go first and possibly save the hero?
    thanks

Thank you. This made me laugh out loud.
  • Wazlinski wrote: »
    I'm kind of sad about people seeing my arena team. Been playing for about 5 days, our server seems fairly new... So I liked hiding my good characters behind Chewie.

Every new player starts on a relatively new server

Yeah, I realized once looking over the top ranks in arena and such. I just like making redundant statements :D
  • shampoo wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse if a Dot and HoT effect are on someone, which procs first? for example will the DoT kill the hero before the HoT affects or will the HoT go first and possibly save the hero?
    thanks

The DoT can't kill anyone... DoT goes first then the heal.
    ☮ Consular ☮

Bye bye sub 100 rewards.

You know, a natural extension of this is to be able to set up your defense team (maybe after your 5 battles?). I'f i'm going to adjust my team to fight a specific player, I'll want to finish my last battle with my basic A-Team or a defense team, you know what I mean?

Yeah, I do. But that won't happen any time soon.
    And even if that does happen that means I only get four decent shots at winning in Arena.

I expect to drop below 200 to be honest, especially as lower ranks reach the level cap.

cijoOL8h.jpg
  • Love most of it, like that they are working with balancing character, it shows they care.

missing offense/defense adjustments

missing rework of detonators

missing bugged targeting of stealth units(not including full stealthed team)

These may be addressed in the Q&A
    -overall very happy, to me this amount of work just shows intent, and care put into their baby. Everything takes time to be balanced and I appeciate all the hard work great job CG!
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Disappointed that there was no mention of adding toons to arena/GW/cantina shipments
  • @cosmicturtle333 Congrats on the alternative team. I've read that NI can be a beast.

If there were faction bonuses, you'd be set!
  • @cosmicturtle333 Congrats on the alternative team. I've read that NI can be a beast.

If there were faction bonuses, you'd be set!

But alternative teams are frowned upon now. Only cookie cutters are allowed to compete in Arena.

(Yes, I'm salty)
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Dear Disney,
    Please release Star Wars Rogue One teaser trailer asap to make up for this....
  • HanSlowMo wrote: »

Arena will be a totally new and better experience. The fact that you see the entire squad (and their stats) ahead of time will allow you to plan battles (mixing up toons) and avoid battles with low likelihood of winning. Much more strategy and thoughtfulness required. Couple that with a better sniping system and should be a lot of fun. Only fair.

"hhmmm, lemme see...*refresh* Poe, Phasma, Sid, Dooku, Poggle

*refresh*
    Poe, Sid, Phasma, Lumi, Genosian soldier

*refresh*
    Poe, First order Tie Pilot, Sid, Phasma, Lumi

*refresh*
    Poe, QGJ, Sid, First order Tie Pilot, Poggle

ect. ect. ect.....

LOL, pretty much. Except that, as per @EA_Jesse :

The Home button is now available in the upper right. The Refresh opponent list button has been moved.
  • Its gonna be a pain to farm 5 x 7* jedis
  • Poe wars. That is what we have now and for foreseeable future.