3/21/2017 Update **MEGATHREAD**

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ascltr3 wrote: »
    Use this guy with Akbar lead, Wiggs and Bistan maybe....drop those cool downs real fast

I was thinking about that, but reducing his cooldowns won't do any good if he doesn't hit hard. Leia would also be good for reducing his cooldowns.

He doesn't hit "hard", but his basic can triple tap, and he gains 5% TM every time a Rebel ally uses a basic. This will include himself. So he's basically going all the time, and will probably always have offense up.

But again, not everyone has to hit like a freight train. His kit sounds balanced to me. We should be happy about that.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    Sidious isnt from the cartoons you nit wit now go back to your clone wars art fanboy forums this here is for the big boys
    Ive never seen anyone so ignorant,the sidious in this game IS from clone wars,so shut up and do some research before opening your mouth,sorry for the rage but that is just too much

discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    I think her basic counts as one basic, no matter how many times it shoots.

Nope each attack counts as an attack. So you either get 1, 2, 3 hits on his cool down.
  • Better question I think is, need to attack a second time to attack a third, does he?
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Bt_7274 wrote: »
    Sidious isnt from the cartoons you nit wit now go back to your clone wars art fanboy forums this here is for the big boys
    Ive never seen anyone so ignorant,the sidious in this game IS from clone wars,so shut up and do some research before opening your mouth,sorry for the rage but that is just too much

It's funny because most of the characters even look exactly like their animated clone wars renditions.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Push2Stops wrote: »
    Better question I think is, need to attack a second time to attack a third, does he?

Based on this: https://swgoh.gg/characters/pao/ability/strident-strike
    I don't think so? It's also like Rey's flurry of blows in that it's all one attack so can only trigger 1 counter attack. It's not a bonus attack.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Even if he hard he only has a 70% chance to reduce the cd per basic. Unless somebody in there right mind would put a zeta on this guy. Chewie 2.0
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Even if he hard he only has a 70% chance to reduce the cd per basic. Unless somebody in there right mind would put a zeta on this guy. Chewie 2.0

He has 100% chance to reduce cooldown without the zeta. The zeta only adds 5% TM for each time a rebel uses a basic attack.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Ascltr3 wrote: »
    Use this guy with Akbar lead, Wiggs and Bistan maybe....drop those cool downs real fast

I was thinking about that, but reducing his cooldowns won't do any good if he doesn't hit hard. Leia would also be good for reducing his cooldowns.

He doesn't hit "hard", but his basic can triple tap, and he gains 5% TM every time a Rebel ally uses a basic. This will include himself. So he's basically going all the time, and will probably always have offense up.

But again, not everyone has to hit like a freight train. His kit sounds balanced to me. We should be happy about that.

Even if he triple taps, he still only deals like 6k.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Ok prove my point more. What a bad zeta..
  • Yogi wrote: »

Nope each attack counts as an attack. So you either get 1, 2, 3 hits on his cool down.

It counts as an attack, but I don't think each attack doesn't count as "using a basic". The basic is 1-3 attacks. For example, I don't think Echo will assist twice if Fives double taps.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member

Agreed, Zeta is bad, but he could still be very fun.

I just don't think his AOE is worthy of having the 12 turn cooldown, it doesn't do that much damage either and only a 70% chance to inflict Defense Down. Which is, as debuffs go, probably one of the less useful ones unless you're going against a tank team. Wish it did double damage to enemies with defense down, so if you managed to reduce his cooldowns fast enough you could really wreak havoc with it.
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited March 2017

On par with K2S0's zeta for troll design from CG.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Yogi wrote: »

It counts as an attack, but I don't think each attack doesn't count as "using a basic". The basic is 1-3 attacks. For example, I don't think Echo will assist twice if Fives double taps.

Right echo will only assist once if 5's double taps or leia attacks more than once. With that said if 5's hits twice and leia hits twice that's 4 counted hits for codys 212 attack that needs 5 to reset completely.

• Because Cody's says "crit" not "uses a basic". If Leia crits 3 times, she gains 30% turn under Wedge. She only gets 10% turn under Chirpa though, as the basic is only used once, despite multiple attacks. Since Pao's cooldown reduction is per basic, it shouldn't matter how many times she shoots.

He might get some traction with Baze/K2S0/Bistan as a 2nd stringer rebel raid team, but that seems about it.
  • Sorry but who is Pao?

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    any one think this is an april fools joke with a play on words. Kind of like how they hinted at nihilus...the update notes say "April’s Daily Login character is gonna drop with a Pao!"...could this be a trick?

As in they are going to drop a K2 style event that will give everyone a 7 star Pao (as useless and non Meta changing as k2 is/was...and we are actually getting a new toon for daily log in?

That way the daily log in character would be coming with Pao...as the update notes hint at..
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Pao doesn't seem that bad, but it's hard to judge without playing the toon. He will synergize well with a full rebel squad. You even have a choice of either R1 or original rebels or even a mix and match...

I'm more so disappointed CG are still pumping out rebel toons... (not that I dislike them, I use to use them) but it does get dry... I'm hoping for more Jedi or separatist potentially.
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member

the version we have comes directly from the clone wars...know what your talking about before you type with your keyboard courage @Lebronaims
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

He claims to be an attacker, but he really looks more like a support character honestly.

Just like DN is labeled support but has more health/protection/resistance than Baze. /shrug

• c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Bt_7274 wrote: »

this guy gets it
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member

It's funny because most of the characters even look exactly like their animated clone wars renditions.

and this guy
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    SpendsAlot wrote: »
    If Nihilus is under one of the lightside hard nodes too I'm going to flip **** lol

Good news is he can't be. 9A is already occupied by Barriss and 9D by the Geonosian ship.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • They should move the ship to the darkside and put him in 9D. LOLOL.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    @Lebronaims - his aoe special animation comes straight out of clone wars during his battle vs Maul and Savage.

Know thy history.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • c3pe0n wrote: »

this guy gets it

He doesn't get his medication, he should try that

• Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    c3pe0n wrote: »

the version we have comes directly from the clone wars...know what your talking about before you type with your keyboard courage @Lebronaims

"keyboard courage" calm down there internet tough guy LOL. shave your neckbeard. Sidious is in the movies doesn't matter if he showed up in the cartoons 10 years later you monkey @Bt_7274 @pac0naut
  • Lebronaims wrote: »

"keyboard courage" calm down there internet tough guy LOL. shave your neckbeard. Sidious is in the movies doesn't matter if he showed up in the cartoons 10 years later you monkey @Bt_7274 @pac0naut

The character we see in game is still artistically based off/copied from the character we see in the clone wars cartoon. If you think the developers don't pull more inspiration from the cartoons than the movies....you're silly.
  • Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited March 2017

The character we see in game is still artistically based off/copied from the character we see in the clone wars cartoon. If you think the developers don't pull more inspiration from the cartoons than the movies....you're silly.

Every character in this game looks like a cartoon, if they put Emperor palpatine or vader or Han in the cartoons you wouldn't claim the same even if they did the same animations.

Silly would be using this animation for sidious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWomD6TazQ
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Trollolololololololololololololol
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
This discussion has been closed.