Fleet Shipments: Zeta vs. Chirrut Shards

dad2my3
1561 posts Member
You can now farm Chirrut shards--but only if you stop farming zetas. I wish they had put him anywhere else instead.

Replies

• I saw him in regular shipments for crystals, but yeah, anywhere else would have been better.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Chirrut is one of the best R1 toons. Of course he's going in a more selective spot. At least it's not a hard node.
  • I'll unlock him, been working on ship blueprints anyways.
  • I seen a crazy chirrut team had chirrut Baez Ben kenobie zeta unique ability Barris and boba fett he's been sitting in rank 1 arena forever can barley touch his health because protection always sets up
  • Baze
  • Saw that he's in fleet shipments

Interesting to see if he's as rare as Poe's ship. Or bistan u wing. Or the other useful ones...

Probably see his shards once a week.

Totally 'random' though.
  • When shipments first were released I worked on Maul, Tusken Shaman, General Grevious, Rex and Vader instead of farming zetas. I dropped out of the top 10 and it was a daily battle to stay in the top 20 without a single zeta character. I'll not make that same mistake twice. Working on my third zeta toon now. Finally i'm back in the top 10 and its a lot easier with a zeta toon.

If anything I'll work on Chirrut slowly but for now it benefits me more to focus on zeta farming instead of farming Chirrut shards. For other people this might be different.

Guess it all depends on your roster and what you're trying to achieve. If you have Baze unlocked then work on Chirrut if not then work on zetas instead. You can always do both..just know it's gonna be a slower farm.
  • 7* chirrut >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 13.2 zeta pieces
  • 7* chirrut >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 13.2 zeta pieces

Shhhhh

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Unless your in the 1% of guilds that have kenobi unlocked your a fool not to at least unlock chirrut if you havent already.

If you have chirutt already and he is not on gear up ASAP list, push him to the top with jyn.

Chirutt is fast, and if you get 2 him be amoung the 1st to move his cleanse gives tenacity up which really really screws up zaul, zader and nihlus leads... all but the very very best.

Ive been using a 4* g10 chirrut in arena awhile and he is not the fastest... but jyn is beat on speed only tfp and sith assasin, at least the heavily moded ones... (246w +83 from mods) jyn can effectively make another team member as fast as her... which is why i can get tenacity up off most of the time.

So unless you have general kenobi or can get him faster than farming chirutt via ship tokens its worth it... New zetas will be here by the time you get your chirutt ro 6 or 7 star. And you can easily be sirtting on a zeta or two via zeta challenge.

And bottom line chirrut -cleanse/hp equalization/heal- all in one move is totaly worth it not just because its the best most versitile heal move in game, but also because he is fast, meaning you can use it more often, and if you use jyn to give him extra turns you can reduce cooldown to 2 turns...
  • SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    7* chirrut >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 13.2 zeta pieces

Shhhhh

Haha
  • Yes, chaze is a good option against thee current Zaul META. Chirrut should be high in all the lists. And "only" need 26.4k fleet tokens. Easy achievable, you'll get those faster than oportunities to farm him, so you'll have extra for zetas.
  • You shouldn't be farming zeta mats out of fleet shipments, you should be farming them out of dark side ship challenges, so there really shouldn't be a conflict.
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    You shouldn't be farming zeta mats out of fleet shipments, you should be farming them out of dark side ship challenges, so there really shouldn't be a conflict.

You can do both and get zeta's much faster though. Farming strictly from challenges​ is grueling since the zeta drop rate is abysmal.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    I would farm zetas until you have needed characters done and have one or two waiting for the next must have.

Really this should be no more than 60-80 zeta materials in total.

Then slow down and use the fleet store for characters/gear etc.

• mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Zetas > chirrut

I would only spend it on ships to improve your fleet rank or zeta. I have chirrut maxed and only use him in P4 of HAAT.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    If you do get Chirrut, you don't have to zeta him though, so that's a plus as you don't need both for him :)
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Saw that he's in fleet shipments

Interesting to see if he's as rare as Poe's ship. Or bistan u wing. Or the other useful ones...

Probably see his shards once a week.

Totally 'random' though.

I've had him in 2/2 shipments so far haha