Phoenix squad

Why didn't you give the new toons a Phoenix tag only, instead of Phoenix and Rebels? You wouldn't have half the forum up in arms about too many Rebels, and rebels are OP. Simple fix, why you gotta overthink things CG?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    i was amazed by this decision aswell. When i saw the phoenix tag before the characters were released i thought that would be their only tag.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    disappointed..
  • Not having the tag would really just be a distinction without a difference though. With the possible exception of Sabine under a Wedge lead none of them really fit a non-Phoenix Rebel leader well enough displace established comps it seems. And none of the non-Phoenix Rebels benefit from their lead at all.
  • Shaft3
    20 posts Member
    Because they are rebels?
  • Shaft3 wrote: »
    Because they are rebels?

There are to many Rebels though, and should be a faction on their own
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    I think it's mostly because they shouldnt mesh well with other rebels or they might be too OP. Obsviously the only way to find out is testing it but i won't have the character geared in time to test it.
  • The show is called Rebels. They are Rebels. They were one of the groups that Mon Mothma united to build the Alliance. Why shouldn't they have the tag?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Carbonari wrote: »
    The show is called Rebels. They are Rebels. They were one of the groups that Mon Mothma united to build the Alliance. Why shouldn't they have the tag?

i figured since resistance members aren't rebels, phoenix members wouldn't be either. I'm not a starwars fan, so shoot me ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Carbonari wrote: »
    The show is called Rebels. They are Rebels. They were one of the groups that Mon Mothma united to build the Alliance. Why shouldn't they have the tag?

**** it then...bring on more rebels... no more sith or Jedi or nightsisters... just Rebels.

Give us at least 5 new Rebels every month
  • leef wrote: »
    i figured since resistance members aren't rebels, phoenix members wouldn't be either. I'm not a starwars fan, so shoot me ;)

The resistance was a whole other thing though. Different time periods, different people (with the exception of Leia obviously). They weren't rebelling against anything because the First Order doesn't have any legitimate political hold on the galaxy like the Empire did. They're just resisting the first orders efforts to take over.

Because Phoenix was designed to work really well together but not be anything special on their own there's minimal impact to be had mechanically from giving them the tag, so I'm sure the thought process was to do it so they fit thematically and canonically.

**** it then...bring on more rebels... no more sith or Jedi or nightsisters... just Rebels.

Well, they didn't introduce any new Sith or Nightsisters in Rebels...and Kanan and Ezra are both Jedi as well.
    We also got 3 new Sith last month, that's quite impressive considering how few Sith there are (in canon). I mean, they had to reach into KOTOR to be able to use the tag. People are posting "nerf Dooku" and "nerf Maul" threads daily.
    Carbonari wrote: »

Well, they didn't introduce any new Sith or Nightsisters in Rebels...and Kanan and Ezra are both Jedi as well.
    We also got 3 new Sith last month, that's quite impressive considering how few Sith there are (in canon). I mean, they had to reach into KOTOR to be able to use the tag. People are posting "nerf Dooku" and "nerf Maul" threads daily.

People are also posting no more Rebels daily and the occasional nerf wiggs still
  • Give us at least 5 new Rebels every month
    I vote for Dak and Porkins.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Give us at least 5 new Rebels every month
    I vote for Dak and Porkins.

"Hey everybody! Dak says he's got this!"