PSA for those without Poe after update

HanSlowMo
235 posts Member
edited February 2016
Arena is going to get even harder now to keep your spot. Not only are you already trying to beat people with Poe...but now those that are looking into arena matchups can see your team. Who do you think they will challenge...those with Poe, or those without. I know for certain when I'm looking for an opponent I will always choose the ones without Poe

Using Poe in squad arena will get even more important when this patch hits, players without Poe will be challenged over and over gradually sliding down the charts.

Replies

• HanSlowMo
    235 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. I still can't believe they worked on his tenacity of all things. Sure, it was part of the problem, but a minor part.
    And no change to the DPS meta either.
    Really baffling.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Yep. I still can't believe they worked on his tenacity of all things. Sure, it was part of the problem, but a minor part.
    And no change to the DPS meta either.
    Really baffling.

It's something that I can't believe got overlooked so hard, it's basically putting a huge target on anyone not running a Poe team. I use a 7* Han and I really wanted him to work but I hate the fact that I *need* to sub him out for Poe and finish him up.

On the flip side of the DPS, I run a 7* Geno and 6* FoTP (hopfully 7 soon) and I was completely confused how they think they are "fine". It's laughable how out of control the DPS is currently. Between those two (if I can survive an initial 1st wave of Poe) second turn is GG based on DPS alone. Why even have skills that last 3 turns hahah? By the time Geno pops his offense up the match is already over. I was fully expecting a hard nerf on that and HOPED it was coming and I even use those heros...it's just not fun.

ANYONE that thinks Poe or the DPS is currently *fine* uses those heroes and they don't want their gravy train to end. But it needs to...it's old already.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I've been a real holdout, running a stun-based team without Poe and still being able to occasionally sneak into the top 10 on my hard-launch server even after weeks of not updating. But even I have to throw in the towel now and start farming Poe and DPS guys. Especially with full teams visible now, I won't have a prayer otherwise.
    It's kind of sad. Whoever is in charge of game balance does not seem in touch with PvP at all.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    I use all of the above characters as it is required to place top 5 in arena and get crystals for energy/farming to keep up with the grind. Poe isn't the problem it's the DPS. Remove Poe from equation and what happens? We take turns 1 shooting each other till last man standing. So we are still coin flipping for whose top notch DPS nukes first.
  • Options
    I've given in I will be running poe, qgj, fotp, rey, plus probably phasma lead. Because **** it no other choices
  • Options
    I guess I will stick to QJ, Leia, Poe Ben and FOTP like always.. :(
  • Options
    I've been a real holdout, running a stun-based team without Poe and still being able to occasionally sneak into the top 10 on my hard-launch server even after weeks of not updating. But even I have to throw in the towel now and start farming Poe and DPS guys. Especially with full teams visible now, I won't have a prayer otherwise.
    It's kind of sad. Whoever is in charge of game balance does not seem in touch with PvP at all.

I would farm Poe, but I honestly think the meta is going to start to shift away from all nuke with the Mace Windu changes.

I'm probably going to experiment with Poe, Ben, Mace, possibly Han, and another tanky character.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    As OP said there is no way that any top team Will be able to run non Poe team (20/50/100) hard to tell depending on your server. If you don't have Poe you will be targeted by every single team.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    You think Mace makes that much difference? I am going to farm him because he sounds cool now. But I'm not sure he changes much in the "my Poe goes and you lose 2 guys" business.
    Maybe the new characters will shake things up.
  • Options
    I'm screwed. Absolutely screwed. Anyone deviating from the meta is punished for it.

It is a joke now.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    I'm overall disappointed in the update, it just means I have run my Poe/DPS squad for months to come. Only hope is it stays level 70 for a few months so it gives time to increase other characters and be able to enjoy testing them in GW.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Ive only been top 1-10 on my server for a week now with my Poe/dps squad and the Poe coin flips are already boring
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The tenacity will mean he's easier to debuff Poe but that's never been the problem with Poe.. it's his turn meter reduction which pretty much means the rest of your team when attacked by him doesn't get to move before Poe's allies and by which time you could have easily lost several members of your team, even if Poe has failed to expose any of your team.

Like I said elsewhere the devs DO NOT seem to understand the problem with him.. they're probably too busy looking at numbers to realise which component of his taunt is the issue...

Either that or it's just lazy work to work out the turn meter reduction part of his taunt because it's present in several ability level ups.

Even when it was first suggested that the Arena should allow you to see the teams you were attacking I was very against it because it just means people will cherry pick the easiest team to deal with..

So yes like the OP suggests it means people without Poe will generally have a much harder time.. It'll also mean people will start putting up teams that are annoying to attack rather than strong teams... Imagine seeing a Phasma team with a several heavy stunners... you'll just avoid them.. Intellectually deficient change if you're asking me. It removes the challenge of facing the unknown and adopting on the fly. With this change you can just prepare and thus ALWAYS gives the attacker a huge advantage... given the Intellectual deficiency of the AI.

EDIT: using the long words because the censor doesn't like the shorter version of "intellectual deficiency"
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • HanSlowMo
    235 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    I'm overall disappointed in the update, it just means I have run my Poe/DPS squad for months to come. Only hope is it stays level 70 for a few months so it gives time to increase other characters and be able to enjoy testing them in GW.

And the worst part of it, I was actually looking forward to farming Mob Enforcer next week, or maybe even the Jedi Guardian to see how she works out with her HoT... just to have extra fun stuff to try. NOPE, I gotta finish off my Poe and tell Han "sorry bro, you are a liability to me now..."
  • Options

Don't do it Qeltar! Don't fall to the Dark Side!

In all seriousness, I refuse to farm Poe until after he is properly nerfed and I make my resistance team.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not wasting cantina on taking my Poe over 5 stars. 7* Poe is waste of those shards from the hardest f2p place. At 5* max gear he can handle max 1 shot from best toons so takes at least 2 high dps to take him out. Which is same at 7* anyways....lol of course all moot even with 4* max gear if he fires off his taunt first it's game over if your the DPS toons you brought are yolked up
  • Options
    You think Mace makes that much difference? I am going to farm him because he sounds cool now. But I'm not sure he changes much in the "my Poe goes and you lose 2 guys" business.

I think having Barriss lead, Poe, Mace, Ben and someone else tanky (Aayla Secura?) is going to prevent 1st round KOs. Mace will Expose and do 5k crits, self heal. Barris will constantly heal.

I think we might see the return of defense teams.
  • Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »

I think having Barriss lead, Poe, Mace, Ben and someone else tanky (Aayla Secura?) is going to prevent 1st round KOs. Mace will Expose and do 5k crits, self heal. Barris will constantly heal.

I think we might see the return of defense teams.

Poe cannot be the answer to another Poe. When will people learn this?
  • Options
    I'm happy about poe. His speed is All I cared about. Couldnt careless about the turn meter reduction. Keeps my Droids safe.
  • Options
    Tasty, your tears are :D
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yeah, if following the herd put you in a situation where you couldn't compete with poe, doubling down and following the herd even more sounds like a brilliant solution.