Do you think the ability to see your enemy's team in Arena is good or bad?

Replies

• Bad
    Chico wrote: »
    I don't like it. Defense should have this slight upperhand since they are the ones being attacked by everyone that is of a lower rank than them. If the defender surprises the attacker with a new team, the attacker just has to wait less than 10minutes, adjust their team and attack again.

THIS.

The games AI needs all the help it can get.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Good
    If people get annoyed facing Poe + DPS squads, now you can simple avoid them and keep having fun in the game.

And of course, you can adjust your strategy according to enemy squad.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Bad
    fberbert wrote: »
    If people get annoyed facing Poe + DPS squads, now you can simple avoid them and keep having fun in the game.

And of course, you can adjust your strategy according to enemy squad.

You can't be possibly inferring that this change is because of annoyance when people find out there's a poe on the opposing team? Come on. He's a perfectly farmable character. Go farm him and learn to follow or beat the meta.

The arena is not about cherry picking your opponents. It's the most PvP part of the game (I say most because it's not technically PvP) at least put some mental thought in it and learn your opponents without being spoonfed. Take note of the names and people you've fought in the past, what their teams are and adjust when you see them again.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Bad
    Miller wrote: »
    You guys didn't write down names ? (guys with Poe, guys with strong dps etc)
    I do this. But I liked having an advantage over people who didn't. ;)
    But there's more to it. It's bad enough to know what your opp has, but that's all we get to know by taking notes. Now they'll actually be seeing our levels, stars, and gear tier. Too much info.

My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Other
    I think it could be OK, but with a caveat. You only see what you see now. If you choose to view the rest of the team, you are required to enter a battle with them. That way you can tailor your attack based on their composition.
    But you can't see how weak I really am until you are committed. Not cherry picking, because it'll cost you 1 battle attempt.

I think I'm headed down in ranks. Not sure how long I'll be able to hold on. And don't laugh, I'm happy to stay in the 201-500 ranks. Never been higher than ~280.
  • Bad
    Oh, look, someone 3 levels under me with 2k less power! And their leader is lumi like everyone esle. Lets play!

(Sid, lumi, poe, dooku, rey)

Ohhh noooo......

And thus EA let us see who we vs to fix this
    I'm glad someone wanted to share this with us, as it shows the problem with the playerbase.

This right here is exactly why the change is utterly bad. All common sense and knowledge goes in the trash. No sane person ever attacks lower powered teams that 'magically' appear in front of you on the rankings...

So once again, thanks. And thank you EA for fixing this huge problem that let people lose battles they didn't deserve to win in the first place. Shocking! /end sarcasm
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Bad
    I hope it only shows what charactets u have not * and gear lvl or some ppl will get targeted whole time and others dont. 2 b able 2 see what toons enemy has should b enough
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Bad
    Right. Now think about what follows from this. What happens when everyone starts avoiding Poe+DPS squads?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Right. Now think about what follows from this. What happens when everyone starts avoiding Poe+DPS squads?
    Everybody dog piles onto poeless squads and you won't see a team without Poe in the top 200 virtually overnight. Basically. Poe teams aren't impossible to beat but the fact is they are harder to beat and this simply paints a target on everyone else's back.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Good
    Make arena two rounds where you can't use the first five toons in the second round. You'd pick which of the ten toons you'd use in each round ahead of time. Winner is whomever has the most toons still alive after 2 x 3 minute rounds. More strategy involved.

Play defense first to survive the Poe-Sid-Dooku-Daka teams, then play offense in round two and beat up on a potentially weaker bench. Or vice versa.

It wouldn't matter if you saw they had a poe or not then.
  • Bad
    Ganicola wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Everybody dog piles onto poeless squads and you won't see a team without Poe in the top 200 virtually overnight. Basically. Poe teams aren't impossible to beat but the fact is they are harder to beat and this simply paints a target on everyone else's back.

WINNAH!!!!

Put me in the "The often **** AI needs all the help in can get" camp. Picking who you fight makes it even easier on the sniper...ermm...attackers.

The combination of the "Poe Problem" and being able to see who you fight only compound each other. And the "just go get Poe!!!" argument is silly. Basically then, instead of making the game work so that teams with varying makeups can work, it's "Cookie Cutter Coin Flip in Arena" Yeah!! :#
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Good
    I am rank 1 currently and finish top 3 every day. I dont have poe, i use

Phasma
    Sid
    Kylo
    Daka
    Lumi
    All max gear, lvl 70, 7*

The amount of people targeting me is not going to change. Everyone who targets me has a pretty solid idea of what my team is going to be (i only have those 5 7* characters atm). I dont think my rank is going to be effected since i dont have poe. I have no plan to get poe, id rather get han solo for a tank, but i dont want a tank they are waste of valuable spot.

I think its good and poe is maybe trouble, but poe is beatable. I dont even have QGJ, but when I do and i see a poe or han team (han solo is better than poe imo), ill use QGJ! Problem thoroughly solved. I do think more characters need taunt, however.

The teams who compete with me for rank 1 are as follows:
    (Some combo of these people:)
    Sid usually lead, Poe, lumi, FOTP,QGJ,GS,poggle,barriss

And there is
    Phasma leader
    Poe
    Sid
    Luminara
    Poggle

And
    Phasma
    Kylo
    Han solo
    Sid
    GS

And some others i am not 100% on

We are all lvl 70 with (it seems like) max toons. I spend 50 crystals max a day. I am 1st place maybe 1/3rd, 2nd 1/3rd, 3rd 1/12th and busy with life and 6th - 12th 1/4 th

In conclusion, i am glad i can inspect who i am up against. I think this forum has unwarranted poe obsession.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Good

This right here is exactly why the change is utterly bad. All common sense and knowledge goes in the trash. No sane person ever attacks lower powered teams that 'magically' appear in front of you on the rankings...
    I do. Often they are hackers (that don't defend well) or guys with teams that need human control to properly work. I beat people above my power often, and when I defend I fall possitions against those same teams.

• Good
    About 75% of no answers say no because of Poe. That is just so short sighted, every two weeks it someone new who is so OP. Poe is not always going to be the OP guy. And for the record I don't have Poe don't want Poe don't need Poe to beat Poe. Seeing a team is not going to have any impact on the Poe problem because there is no Poe problem. The problem is everyone copycats everyone else. The solution lies in diversity. Seeing another's team will help with diversity.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Bad
    That is just so short sighted, every two weeks it someone new who is so OP.
    This is false. People have known this Poe issue was going to come up for weeks. We warned CG and were ignored. It has been going on for a long time. And the one-shotting DPS nonsense for even longer.
    Seeing a team is not going to have any impact on the Poe problem because there is no Poe problem.
    Yes, aside from him being on every top team on my shard, because he allows your team to take insane numbers of turns, there is no Poe problem.
    The problem is everyone copycats everyone else. The solution lies in diversity. Seeing another's team will help with diversity.
    Everyone copies everyone else, so making it easier to see in advance everyone's teams before you choose to fight is going to help with diversity? Sorry, not following the reasoning there. Being able to see everyone's teams will make it easier to copy others. It will also punish anyone who defies the meta by making them a target. People who don't have meta teams will get pushed down the ladder, and will learn that they need to make meta teams themselves to avoid it. Within a couple of weeks the top 20 or even top 50 on mature shards will have the same teams.
    And when the meta changes, it will just happen again.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Bad
    The idea is just dumb on so many lvls. The glaring point tho is the attacker already has the advantage as most of us make smarter moves then the AI (i said most of us not all)
    So i instantly ask the question, "why does an attacker who already has advantage need even more advantage".
    The answer is simple, its a welfare system folks, they dont want you to be able to defend your spot. They want your defence to fail to promote diversity in rank in that they want even weaker teams to "have a chance" at top spots to promote spending. Its just absurd.

We need more strategy not more advantage. An arena "fix" would be to make the AI smarter making attacking less of an advantage AND we need a defence NOT whatever we just attacked with. What someone uses to counter a build is worthless on defence. This is so mindboggling stupid i cant even think anymore.

Best of luck to all, the outrage is gonna flow hard, just try and not make a million seperate posts about it and keep it where those of us who know this is stupid can avoid the headache of wading through the tears
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Bad
    Abyss wrote: »
    The answer is simple, its a welfare system folks, they dont want you to be able to defend your spot. They want your defence to fail to promote diversity in rank in that they want even weaker teams to "have a chance" at top spots to promote spending. Its just absurd.
    This is pretty close to the real answer. It's called "churn" in the securities industry to refer to when stockbrokers advise to buy and sell a lot because their primary interest is commissions.
    CG wants attackers to have the advantage so there will be more sniping and more crystals purchased, even though this is the exact opposite of what is needed for good gameplay.
  • Bad
    CG wants attackers to have the advantage so there will be more sniping and more crystals purchased, even though this is the exact opposite of what is needed for good gameplay.

...AND CG also reduced the ability to snipe from 11 to 5 ranks, right? So yeah, more crystal spending to get to where you used to reach. It will be a blast.
  • Good
    i think it's awesome. i believe most of the "targeting" issues people speak of with poe are perceived at this point, as it hasn't actually happened yet. i'd love to see it get off the ground with the poe and phasma adjustments and see how it goes for a few weeks.
    maybe it does mean more changes to more characters and maybe it doesn't. i really appreciate the slow approach to devs "balancing" the game. too much at once and you end up with useless toons like bariss.
  • Good
    This is pretty close to the real answer. It's called "churn" in the securities industry to refer to when stockbrokers advise to buy and sell a lot because their primary interest is commissions.

I would hope gems cost goes down. 50+ gem refills is a lot with this update. I might abandon PVP in favor of the new events. I'd rather spend resources in developing characters for these events rather than wasting 50+ gems for each refill on endless battles to stay in higher ranks.
  • Good
    Reddplague wrote: »

I would hope gems cost goes down. 50+ gem refills is a lot with this update. I might abandon PVP in favor of the new events. I'd rather spend resources in developing characters for these events rather than wasting 50+ gems for each refill on endless battles to stay in higher ranks.
    I already don't spend that much on it. I usually do one crystal refresh so I can battle 10 times just for fun. lately been finishing top 20, 4th once and 7th once and I find that if i can't do it with 1 refresh it's not worth the time and energy.
  • Bad

Except they won't. Why would they?

Not that I cared, but remember they changed the GW Shipments refresh cost to 50 crystals? If they reduced the Arena refresh cost, it wouldn't be "consistent" (or so they will claim). It will stay as 50 crystals.

P.S. I faced your team yesterday as part of the GW. Good team. :)
  • Good
    goobstoob wrote: »

I already don't spend that much on it. I usually do one crystal refresh so I can battle 10 times just for fun. lately been finishing top 20, 4th once and 7th once and I find that if i can't do it with 1 refresh it's not worth the time and energy.

I agree if I can't do it with the 5 free battles I don't try. The difference is not worth the 50 gem refill. You would be losing gems actually if you spend the on the refill. I'm rank #94 and slip to #122 it makes more sense to just ride it out until the next day.
  • Good
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

Except they won't. Why would they?

Not that I cared, but remember they changed the GW Shipments refresh cost to 50 crystals? If they reduced the Arena refresh cost, it wouldn't be "consistent" (or so they will claim). It will stay as 50 crystals.

The gems prices for the other game (HODA) is really cheap 3 gems for PVP and 11 for PVE on increase just a flat price.
  • Reddplague
    766 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Good
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

• Good
    That's cool! I wondered if my team would get listed in GW.
  • Good
    It's already pretty obvious if you have fought the opposition before. But I like the fact that we will have no surprises.
  • Other
    kinda good,kinda bad. on one hand i will like to choose intresting,fun teams to play against,but on the other hand i feel it will lead to me being targeted more often.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Other
    On one hand I like the idea of seeing the team I am going against and preparing appropriately (using anti-Jedi Sith against an all Jedi team).

However, I fear that this will be used to avoid strong teams and pick off teams that appear weak because they do not use META teams.
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    Bad
    puppyCasey wrote: »
    I am rank 1 currently and finish top 3 every day. I dont have poe, i use

Phasma
    Sid
    Kylo
    Daka
    Lumi
    All max gear, lvl 70, 7*

The teams who compete with me for rank 1 are as follows:
    (Some combo of these people:)
    Sid usually lead, Poe, lumi, FOTP,QGJ,GS,poggle,barriss

And there is
    Phasma leader
    Poe
    Sid
    Luminara
    Poggle

And
    Phasma
    Kylo
    Han solo
    Sid
    GS

And some others i am not 100% on

We are all lvl 70 with (it seems like) max toons. I spend 50 crystals max a day. I am 1st place maybe 1/3rd, 2nd 1/3rd, 3rd 1/12th and busy with life and 6th - 12th 1/4 th

Must be nice to be in a shard with what you describe looks like not many P2W players.
This discussion has been closed.