Protection or critical avoidance arrow mod on tanks?

zhtd17
948 posts Member
As the title states, which is better?

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Put the Critical Avoidance arrow on Biggs, don't waste that gold on a tank.

But honestly, kinda depends. You can't really go wrong with protection, especially at g10/11, but if you face a lot of TFPs then the critical avoidance might come in handy to keep him from applying Tenacity Down. It also depends on what tank you're using, some work best with Speed or some with protection or critical avoidance.
  • Speed for sth
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Vertigo wrote: »

I'm running an empire team, and thought to put it on shore, I always face wiggs teams.. My shore is level 74 g8
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    zhtd17 wrote: »

I'm running an empire team, and thought to put it on shore, I always face wiggs teams.. My shore is level 74 g8

That sentence was a joke.... But if you're facing a lot of Wiggs, the critical avoidance mod won't do all that much. The assists from the Biggs triple attack all have +75% crit chance so you should just go straight protection for that.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm relatively new in this game, but I know that crit avoidance is not a gold. But thought it may reduce the criticals from triple shot, but as you stated it's 75% chance so I'll stick with protection. Thanks
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    I'm relatively new in this game, but I know that crit avoidance is not a gold. But thought it may reduce the criticals from triple shot, but as you stated it's 75% chance so I'll stick with protection. Thanks

It was more a joke as to putting it on Biggs because he gains 100% TM when he is critically hit so putting a crit avoidance mod on him makes him worse. But they can actually be useful if you're facing a lot of TFP teams and you have someone that grants Tenacity Up.
    But yeah, against Wiggs the critical avoidance won't have any real impact as their base crit chances are probably around 40% and then +75% from the skill puts its 115% critical chance, taking 24% off is still 90% crit chance.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited March 2017

It was more a joke as to putting it on Biggs because he gains 100% TM when he is critically hit so putting a crit avoidance mod on him makes him worse.

Yes true, I feel stu..pid didn't think of that. Actually it was a good joke