Ally Points?

Tedbeast
218 posts Member
edited March 2017
Maybe I missed an update, but have they figured out what they are going to do with Ally Points?
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Replies

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Haven't heard anything yet.
  • Well crud, any information is better than none, I've over 400k that I don't want to spend because I'm waiting to see what they'll be used for. What was their reasoning for taking away the events that used them as a refresh currency?
  • Tedbeast wrote: »
    Well crud, any information is better than none, I've over 400k that I don't want to spend because I'm waiting to see what they'll be used for. What was their reasoning for taking away the events that used them as a refresh currency?

because the grind was absurd, and everyone hated it.
  • Hmm.. I actually didn't mind it, it was a ranked event that I could decent rewards out of.
  • Should make a way to use ally points to remove gear from toons.
  • I always thought ally points should be used to purchase shards or gear but based off of your allies similar to the 'pool' that you pull from when using a bonus character in cantina or table battles. But that's just me though.
  • My ideas for a revamp:

-add more items to the list of existing stuff you can get at random
    -make a 2nd Tier for Bronzium cards, 1st Tier is to keep the current style at a random item for 250, the 2nd Tier could be like shipments with higher prices for specific items you want.
    -copy Chromium style, 250 for 1 random item, 950 for 4 random items, 2375 for 10 random items, 4250 for 20 random items
    -buy Energy like you do with Crystals. Maybe 2000 for 10 Regular Energy or 5 Cantina Energy.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Those are good options Metroplex!
  • Stole this from another post in this forum:
    http://gaming-fans.com/2017/03/interview-eas-swgoh-community-manager-jesse-anderson/

Basically, they do not know what they are going to do with ally points at this time.
  • and Meteoplex, the idea of buying energy with them is good.

+1

Plz devs do this!

-1, already have to spend a ton of time removing/adding mods dont want to have to do it with gear as well.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    The word is they probably won't do anything. But they're not saying that, because last time they said it, they changed their minds and came out with tournaments. So it COULD change, but right now they have no plans.

Just spend them on bronziums. That's what they're for. You're basically just stuffing them under your mattress at this point. If they ever come out with anything else that needs them, you'll probably be able to farm them.

One of the major things people complained about with tournaments was the refreshes--basically the winners were just the people with the most time and ally points. So it would probably be a mistake for them to release something like that again.

Spending the points on bronze now will get you low level gear so you don't have to grind six energy nodes. Building your squads will help you in the long run as much as hording ally points.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    The word is they probably won't do anything. But they're not saying that, because last time they said it, they changed their minds and came out with tournaments. So it COULD change, but right now they have no plans.

Just spend them on bronziums. That's what they're for. You're basically just stuffing them under your mattress at this point. If they ever come out with anything else that needs them, you'll probably be able to farm them.

One of the major things people complained about with tournaments was the refreshes--basically the winners were just the people with the most time and ally points. So it would probably be a mistake for them to release something like that again.

Spending the points on bronze now will get you low level gear so you don't have to grind six energy nodes. Building your squads will help you in the long run as much as hording ally points.

The right advice
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    Maybe I missed an update, but have they figured out what they are going to do with Ally Points?

bronziums......

buy, skip, repeat
  • Should be something like 250 for bronzuium, 2500 for silver and 25000 for gold. Silver and gold could have different characters in or more shards. Gold could have raid gear maybe. Then at least there is a choice what to do with them.
  • Should be something like 250 for bronzuium, 2500 for silver and 25000 for gold. Silver and gold could have different characters in or more shards. Gold could have raid gear maybe. Then at least there is a choice what to do with them.

That's exactly what they should do, and maybe an energy refreshes.