No Poe problems for me!

My fool-fool-proof strategy for dealing with the Poe problem?

Simple: its called not really liking, or caring about arena. That seems to be where Poe makes his mark. I find most of the other parts of the game more fun than the PVP aspect. But, I've never been big on PVP in these types.of games.

I don't know, maybe I'm alone, but I just don't care much about arena. I tend to sit in the high 100s, and get 700 arena tokens a day. Not the best, but not terrible either.

Anyone else feel that way, or am I just Jar-Jar in the head?
Of all the quotes, in all the bars, in all the world, you had to walk into mine.

Replies

• Options
    Crystals and tokens, prime currency in game. Who wouldn't be interested in Arena except the most casual players?
  • Options
    Nitrocity wrote: »
    My fool-fool-proof strategy for dealing with the Poe problem?

Simple: its called not really liking, or caring about arena. That seems to be where Poe makes his mark. I find most of the other parts of the game more fun than the PVP aspect. But, I've never been big on PVP in these types.of games.

I don't know, maybe I'm alone, but I just don't care much about arena. I tend to sit in the high 100s, and get 700 arena tokens a day. Not the best, but not terrible either.

Anyone else feel that way, or am I just Jar-Jar in the head?

Don't post in forum or uninstall.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Free crystals bro. That extra 4-5 hundred per day is huge for me. Translates into two cantina refreshes and 2-3 energy refreshes. Really helps to speed up your progress.
  • Options
    Yea if arena wasn't the main source of xtals I would probably feel similar. However, they are adding free energy shipments which might help close the gap a bit. Depends how much these are though.
  • Options
    I feel the same way. As long as I am able to get my 700 tokens a day, I'm happy. I play this game for fun, and I want to use the characters I like. Focusing too much on the competitive side will ruin things for me. I don't want it to turn into a second job like Force Commander did. So for now, Greedo's and Finn stay on my team, and Poe and Sheev are untouched.
  • Options
    TheJanitor wrote: »
    I feel the same way. As long as I am able to get my 700 tokens a day, I'm happy. I play this game for fun, and I want to use the characters I like. Focusing too much on the competitive side will ruin things for me. I don't want it to turn into a second job like Force Commander did. So for now, Greedo's and Finn stay on my team, and Poe and Sheev are untouched.

I completely agree with you. For me 700 and the daily 100 do me good. And a plus for me is I usually don't have to fight for a spot at 6pm.
  • Options
    Totally agreed. I can spend 200 crystals or more just to make maybe a bit more than that or I can relax and just hang out in the top 100. I make a move on the top 10 here and there just to see if I still can but otherwise I'd rather just chill.
  • comandaben
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm fine with being 100-200 in Arena, it's not my main focus whereas GW is for me at the moment and bar 1 time a few days ago i've been able to clear it for weeks. Overall pretty happy with this patch especially as Mace Windu may be viable finally (he's 5* currently).

The issue i have is that since Poe only got a slight nerf, he's probably going to rear his ugly head in GW matches as well so instead of simply complaining on Reddit or the forums i'm building a counter team.

Phasma/Boba as Leader
    Kylo
    HK 47
    Poggle
    Anakin or possibly QGJ (still theorycrafting with this last spot)

The basic plan is to survive the first round and use AOE around Poe's taunt, meaning their team of squishies will die quite fast.

Copy the meta or make a new one, that's what many hours of DOTA 2 taught me haha
  • Options
    Add me or die in 1st round!
  • Options

Are you referring to myself or the OP? =P
  • Options
    comandaben wrote: »

Everyone.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • comandaben
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    comandaben wrote: »

Everyone.

Oh i C!

Well i'm not worried, it will take time and patience to build my anti POE team but it will be worth it in the end i think =)

Frankly i'm just sick of people complaining about Poe, yes he is very fast+tanky+good tenacity+ irresistable turn meter loss on his taunt+expose which is incredibly strong.

However i do believe there is a way, several possibly that should be able to counter him somewhat without requiring your own POE.

It's still early days in this game ladies and gents =)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I used to think that, until I went top 20. Then I tried top10, then sniping in top5. Then it become a drug, I'm addicted now to those free crystals that let me to refill cantina and LS/DS missions.