How to beat ZSavage?

As the title says, I need strategies to beat him (that don't include sith except for palp). I run a palp lead, tfp, boba, b2 and GK, and can't seem to beat this guy.

Replies

• Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Daze/shock and buff block. Buff block with tfp no h.o.t. . Shock with ep to prevent tm gain. Stun for good measure.

It's going to be a pain if you Crit hit him though so you might be ruined as your team looks Crit reliant with ep boba & tfp as your main damage source.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    i just pray to RNGesus that my Zylo can actually hit Zavage with two or three outrages in a row...

usually two's enough to kill anyone, but i have to assume out of 3, Zavage would have applied O down on my Zylo at least once.... sigh

however, to do so against Zavage on a Zaul team consecutively might be difficult...
  • Annihilate
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    shock
  • Shock is kinda bad because the shock on him can crit in a later attack even if you're not attacking him and it also procs his TM when it is dispelled on the crit. If you don't have annihilate available with DN you'll want to try to use Boba and stacking + and - effects. Otherwise you're just playing RNG with crits and effects like stun / shock, etc.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Zader makes it easy but failing him, Boba Fett or Geospy could do the trick.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Faced my first one today. My Chaze got the killing blow by turning all his healing buffs into dots right before his turn. Granted, I had a sweet 4 on 1 pile-on to get him down to yellow, even.
  • As the title says, I need strategies to beat him (that don't include sith except for palp). I run a palp lead, tfp, boba, b2 and GK, and can't seem to beat this guy.

Many counters are there.. Jka, b2, sid,palps,dooku, etc.. Rly everything which stuns, buff immunity, healing immunity, and strangely detonators and expose
  • Bobas execute will do the job. :)
  • Sidious killed him so.... he should do the trick
  • Since I have G11 my DN, zKylo and zSavage are no longer an issue to me anymore
  • I'd like to gear nihilus, but that would mean farming a sith team and I don't want that (only have palp geared). That's why I don't use him or his annihilate on arena. My boba is modded for speed, and sadly I can't give him a crit damage triangle, so his execute is never enough to kill savage, and he cleanses himself too often
  • Don't leave him for last. Use his debuff stealing thing to your advantage. Dot up and thermal detonator up someone else after debuffing him. Avoid hitting him if he's not in stealth so he can't cleanse himself (only cleanses himself when you crit him). Between the debuffs you put on him, and the ones he stole from others, that should be enough for Boba's execute to take him down.
  • Zader would work wonders too. As if the dots never going away wasn't enough, he'll be putting more on himself trying to take them away from other people.
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    Sidious killed him so.... he should do the trick

How?

Everyone should have a cleanser, debuffer and executioner in their arena toolkit.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Don't leave him for last. Use his debuff stealing thing to your advantage. Dot up and thermal detonator up someone else after debuffing him. Avoid hitting him if he's not in stealth so he can't cleanse himself (only cleanses himself when you crit him). Between the debuffs you put on him, and the ones he stole from others, that should be enough for Boba's execute to take him down.

Thanks! I'll try that