AI controlled Rex using Squad Discipline through ability block

Scenario is repeatable. I captured a pic immediately after but not before. This is my second arena battle in a row against this same squad. Rex lead AI control. My TFP uses his AoE with Rex selected. Rex is ability blocked. Rex then immediately uses squad discipline to dispel the ability block and buff immunities from TFP. This has, to say the least, a dramatic effect on this battle.

Note in this picture that while the enemy has a zBariss she has not yet had a turn.

https://i.imgur.com/wBphSe8.png

Replies

• Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Scenario is repeatable. I captured a pic immediately after but not before. This is my second arena battle in a row against this same squad. Rex lead AI control. My TFP uses his AoE with Rex selected. Rex is ability blocked. Rex then immediately uses squad discipline to dispel the ability block and buff immunities from TFP. This has, to say the least, a dramatic effect on this battle.

Note in this picture that while the enemy has a zBariss she has not yet had a turn.

wBphSe8.png

why does St. Han have so much TM after taking a turn?
    Are you sure he didn't go first and your TFP had to AoE him, when you thought you selected rex?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Rex was ability blocked. Two matches in a row. The first match I though maybe Bariss has gone first to clear him but it had looked like he just used his squad D to clear. So I fought him again and did the same attack. My TFP is 267 speed. Faster than any of his toons can reach. His boba is fastest around 234 or so.

It makes no sense to attempt to ability block St Han. Rex or Bariss would cleanse the debuff and its better to give him buff immunity when he attempts to taunt than do an ability block. Frankly this is an easy team to beat if TFPs ability block lands on Rex.

Han has TM because squad discipline grants TM. I assume my buff immunity didn't land on St Han this time but it was running 4x speed so it's hard to track. Both these teams have crazy TM manipulation so hard to sequence diagram this. His Han is 224 and his Rex is 220 speed. But Han got attacked and reduces my squad when that happens then reduces it again on his turn.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    maybe slow it to 1x.

Maybe barris dispelled rex really quickly, got Tm from that. Then rex used squad descipline and she got more TM?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    maybe slow it to 1x.

Maybe barris dispelled rex really quickly, got Tm from that. Then rex used squad descipline and she got more TM?

This could be it. Barris gains turn meter per crit received from her unique as well. That's 17.5% TM per crit. She will also always dispel rex since he has the lowest health. If any of your TFP hits scored a crit, this is a very likely reason.