is GK worth it

Prev1
slowly getting him to 6 stars, currently around g8 I think ... but I'm wondering if he is a little like raid Han ... by the time I get him geared and to 7*, he is outdated as a meta if you have a chirrut/baze or rex. especially w/ zaul leads and zavages and DN. Not to mention the new phoenix squads.

are people still attempting to gear/level him given how much of a gear hog he is ? I mean this primarily for arena

Replies

• He is biggest gear hog available. 1,5-2months of farming gear for me. And he is still worth it.
  • Depends on your rooster, i would say. Imho: He is more than solid in almost any situation and team.
    His opening move in connection with an initial buff (like zQGJ) is epic!
    zQGJ dipells autotaunter, then GK calls everyone to assist=bye bye enemy keytoon...
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Well if your only concers is to sheepfollow the meta like a blinded bip, then maybe he isnt worth it.
    Otherwise he is one of the most usefull "all rounder toon".
    As for I, I take down any rex / wiggs / chirbaze / Zaul in offense with several set up, some including GK. So now meta doesnt mean **** against MODS. Cuz yea, MODS are everything in this game.
  • It seems to me that GK can fit almost any squad when he is geared. So yes, gear him up it is worth
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lossberg wrote: »
    It seems to me that GK can fit almost any squad when he is geared. So yes, gear him up it is worth

This ^^

No regrets. He's great.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    You use him in all of the teams you just mentioned.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    You have RG, Shoretrooper and AA in a single toon. What more do you want?!
  • I'm getting him on Sunday... With g11 gear waiting for him. He absolutely worth it. Best overall toon in the game no question. Miles ahead of raid Han.... Not even a comparison. Raid han sucks and never was worth much to begin with honestly.
  • He is our only hope
  • Raid Han had a niche skill (shoot first), which was relegated to the back-burner by auto-taunts and leads that start with stealth. Solid damage, but ultimately too squishy unless needed as a counter. Kenobi, on the other hand, is designed to fit in a variety of teams, has an always useful skillset -- against a team that debuffs, he cleanses, against a team that doesn't he gives everyone retribution; auto-taunt and crit immunity galore. He has high health and protection, and can be useful as both a leader and as another member of a team. His biggest "weakness" would be against a Nihilus lead team, since they don't crit, but even then, the cleanse/retribution is very useful.

I'll be unlocking him in 4 raids. I will be equipping every single piece of gear that can fit on him about 5 minutes after that.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Ham Solo is way differant than gk. Gk will always be meta material. Han Solo was good so stun the opposing team from 1shotting your best dps before you moved.
    Now gk is used as a very tanky tank, a cleanser(support), guy who can buff your whole team while having a mad assist ability. He will always be great; unlike Solo
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    I think in general everyone here is right... he is a great jedi tank/cleanser in one.

Though if you are already running a Chaze/Rex team against Zaul meta, he probably won't help that much.

I am in this boat... I was running Rex (L), Zarriss, Palp, Chaze againt Zaul and it does ok unless they are really well moded. Replacing Palp for GK and Lead was a downgrade. Replacing Rex for Palp was better but still not as good.

Basically in some builds you really have to adjust your whole squad which might be more work on top of the gear hungry GK. So in a case like mine, I probably would have been better off working on other toon(s).

Then again I have GK as done as can be so I don't have to worry about it anymore:)

• banjo1071 wrote: »
    Depends on your rooster, i would say. Imho: He is more than solid in almost any situation and team.
    His opening move in connection with an initial buff (like zQGJ) is epic!
    zQGJ dipells autotaunter, then GK calls everyone to assist=bye bye enemy keytoon...

I always crack up when people ask about the size of one's rooster. No decency at all.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    I always crack up when people ask about the size of one's rooster. No decency at all.

It's SO RUDE!!!!!

Anyways, yes, GK is worth it. Every piece of gear is worth it. He fits in just about every single team comp.

Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Twin wrote: »
    I think in general everyone here is right... he is a great jedi tank/cleanser in one.

Though if you are already running a Chaze/Rex team against Zaul meta, he probably won't help that much.

I am in this boat... I was running Rex (L), Zarriss, Palp, Chaze againt Zaul and it does ok unless they are really well moded. Replacing Palp for GK and Lead was a downgrade. Replacing Rex for Palp was better but still not as good.

Basically in some builds you really have to adjust your whole squad which might be more work on top of the gear hungry GK. So in a case like mine, I probably would have been better off working on other toon(s).

Then again I have GK as done as can be so I don't have to worry about it anymore:)

great advice from everybody, appreciate the feedback. the above is kind of where I rest. with baze, you want chirrut for the combo bonuses. Rex is hard to replace b/c of tenacity up vs the maul/ep teams that are everywhere.

I currently run Rex (L), baze, chirrut, TFP, boba. Rarely for fun, I run jyn , cassian, bistan, chaze as well. in my main arena w/ Rex lead, only one to really repalce is Rex and then I dont get as much benefit for the boba/tfp.

the gear is just so depressing. takes away from most other toons that are upcoming (phoenix tanks etc)

I appreciate the input
  • 6 -8 weeks I spent farming his gear
    6-8 weeks of not improving my arena toons or raid toons
    6-8 weeks of sitting between 50-20 in arena payout

Unlocked and geared him to XI a few days ago.

Between him and B2, taken rank 1 past two days (shoutout shard mates!)

6-8 weeks of pain? Most definitely worth it
  • Yes
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Probably. Many guilds were destroyed to get General Kenobi unlocked...

66cf7d40-a3b0-0134-1954-060e3e89e053.gif
  • I found an amazing teem with gk he had
    Gk
    Zbarris
    Chirrut
    Baze
    Boba
    Basically how it went was health got low barris auto heal gk team assist and nearly kills a toon then bob ability block and then by the time they debuff you zbarris and baze clesr it and his chirrut was critting for 35-40k and boba was critting for 24-45 and when boba would wipe someone out BAM full protection
  • Hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha that's the funniest title ever! Of course he is!
  • Fought him many times..yes he is worth it.

see, when I look at teams, i dont shy away from him. I focus him down and first kill. before the "speed4x" issues, those teams would time me out but I dont have trouble fighting him or die from him (perhaps bc the ai is poorly using him)

I like the idea of the barris team listed above, was trying to avoid burning a zeta on an "old toon" though.

the other issue is that i'm already at top 10 in my shard, it is just harder to stay there w/out going sith. so it's a tough investment when Im winning, just not winning as easily. if he helps deal w/ zaul/zavage/DN teams i guess it is worth it.

who do you drop in a Rex, chirruit, baze, boba, tfp team? I guess rex bc you need tfp to land buff immunity to keep them out of stealth
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    6 -8 weeks I spent farming his gear
    6-8 weeks of not improving my arena toons or raid toons
    6-8 weeks of sitting between 50-20 in arena payout

Unlocked and geared him to XI a few days ago.

Between him and B2, taken rank 1 past two days (shoutout shard mates!)

6-8 weeks of pain? Most definitely worth it

--out of curiousity, what team do you run
  • i have a serious question. who is GK??
  • spotremix wrote: »
    i have a serious question. who is GK??

general kenobi
  • spotremix wrote: »
    i have a serious question. who is GK??

general kenobi

is this general related to obi wan kenobi? i never heard anything about kenobi's family.
  • Haven't him.

- Hammond? May. Bad luck. ©
  • Because I'm running zMaul, zSavage, EP, Boba and B2 I'm skipping GK. GK in a sith squad is not good, especially when you are surrounded by other zMaul squads. Maul his double damage against GK is great to take him down quick :)

I do think he will be a great addition to your Rex (L), baze, chirrut, TFP, boba squad. Do realise you can gear 2 to 3 other toons, instead of GK.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Because I'm running zMaul, zSavage, EP, Boba and B2 I'm skipping GK. GK in a sith squad is not good, especially when you are surrounded by other zMaul squads. Maul his double damage against GK is great to take him down quick :)

I do think he will be a great addition to your Rex (L), baze, chirrut, TFP, boba squad. Do realise you can gear 2 to 3 other toons, instead of GK.

your last point is my point/concern.
  • Platzman wrote: »
    He is biggest gear hog available. 1,5-2months of farming gear for me. And he is still worth it.

Im getting close to having him unlocked. I should have had him by now but back when HAAT was released my former guild lost a lot of big roster players due to players leaving and going to other guilds and we were stuck running the normal AAT for months.

I'm farming all his gear right now so as soon as I unlock him I will be able to max his gear. He is just that good of a character that I don't wanna wait weeks on gearing him. Soon as I unlock him I wanna put him to use.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    The grind for Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Arrays is annoying, but if you're not in a hurry to get up GK, just collect them via challenges and work on other toons that don't require Mk 3. I'm grinding the Mk 3's for GK while taking Rex and Dooku to G xi.