Double Cleanse Teams!

I am seeing this a lot on the top 10, I run a Zaul team and the top ten are flooded with Rex leads, Chaze, DN, GK/Kylo

this team seems rather exceptional against Zaul cause you can't land any debufs with Chirrut and Rex getting tenacity up. With Baze constantly taunting, you're forced to clear him or dispel with B2/DN and pick someone else but i've tried a lot of different techniques and nothing seems to work.

Has anyone won against a team like this without freakish RNG?

I finish around Rank 4-7 these days running the following team
Zaul : Gear 11
Vader : Gear 11
DN : Gear 11
EP : Gear 11
B2 or Kylo or Sith Trooper depending on the opponent.

the sith are all above 200 speed apart from Maul who's 189.

I'd appreciate any feedback. I've tried Kylo, not too amazing, just feeds TM.

Replies

• Got your zeta on Vader?

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Zeta Finn, Poe, RT, Rey, GK.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    JasFonz wrote: »
    I am seeing this a lot on the top 10, I run a Zaul team and the top ten are flooded with Rex leads, Chaze, DN, GK/Kylo

this team seems rather exceptional against Zaul cause you can't land any debufs with Chirrut and Rex getting tenacity up. With Baze constantly taunting, you're forced to clear him or dispel with B2/DN and pick someone else but i've tried a lot of different techniques and nothing seems to work.

Has anyone won against a team like this without freakish RNG?

I finish around Rank 4-7 these days running the following team
    Zaul : Gear 11
    Vader : Gear 11
    DN : Gear 11
    EP : Gear 11
    B2 or Kylo or Sith Trooper depending on the opponent.

the sith are all above 200 speed apart from Maul who's 189.

I'd appreciate any feedback. I've tried Kylo, not too amazing, just feeds TM.

Zylo in place of Vader. Don't use his AoE. I finish 1st on a Nov 2015 shard when I can play at payout with that team.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I've been able to beat triple cleanse (Rex, GK, Chirrut) with Zaul. The key is having your Maul go first to land daze and then Nilly going right after to increase cooldowns. Other CC like ability block, stun, shock help swing things your way too.
  • Got your zeta on Vader?

Doesn't matter under Zaul
  • Also b2 or even tie pilot can really help if you ability block and prevent tenacity up before you increase the cool downs with nihlus
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    What is your turn order?

I am guessing Rex/Chirrut gets off tenacity up before Nihilus uses drain force?

Ideally you want one AOE going off before Nihilus moves (most probably do EP but I think Vader would be a better choice for place lots of debuffs for drain force). Make Vader fast with as little crit chance as possible to hopefully not fill TM against them.

If you can pull that off then Maul's Daze will prevent TM gains from critical hits and hopefully you can take out their cleansers before they can cleanse.
  • Make Vader fast with as little crit chance as possible to hopefully not fill TM against them.

If you can pull that off then Maul's Daze will prevent TM gains from critical hits and hopefully you can take out their cleansers before they can cleanse.

Crit chance is irrelevant. Under a zMaul lead, Vader will have advantage, meaning auto-crit on everyone.

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Dude? Have you not been hearing about the triple cleanse teams?
    Rex/chaze/gk are harder.
    I use sith and can beat them 100% of time. It takes a certain strategy to apply debuffs and have them waste the cleanses early.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MW0AjxEhr_g
    Here is video of my squad vs triple cleanse.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    ok here's an example of a team i've been trying to get around all day.
    Rex lead
    TFP : 273 speed
    DN
    CHAZE

Basically once he lands buff immunity on Kylo, Kylo turns into a sitting duck. I tried the kylo route, plus i'm guessing A.I. will always use his AOE which in turn feeds TM. So there's also the defense factor to take into account. Let's say we focus on offense factor, Kylo will be targeted with the sith stealthing in an out, I was thinking of leaving S-Trooper in and swapping vader with Kylo but that TFP really messes up the plan with buff immunity.

it's a well thought of team that's for sure :-)
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    mutimloh wrote: »
    I've been able to beat triple cleanse (Rex, GK, Chirrut) with Zaul. The key is having your Maul go first to land daze and then Nilly going right after to increase cooldowns. Other CC like ability block, stun, shock help swing things your way too.

Having Maul go first is of absolutely no use cause his daze won't prevent a fast rex or Chirrut to get the cleanse happening. I try and have DN go first so he has a higher chance of reducing one or both of those abilities. Basically your Maul needs to be over 200 speed and unfortunately i don't have those mods. I have Nilly at 219 which gets him to start off first.
  • Sa, maul daze, you unload every debuff you have (Nihlius cd) easy win
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    I've been hearing about Rex(l), Chaze, DN/Zylo and TFP doing some damage against sith teams. Key is TFP applying buff immunity exposing sith to attacks plus the double cleanse of Rex/Chirrut keeping their team alive and well. Baze acts as a taunter to direct fire and to remove buffs off the enemy.
  • It might not be relevant because i have gk but i run combos with fast boba. If you can ability block for a turn then you should be all clear. Otherwise i build up chirrut's buffs for an easy oneshot. Currently i run zaul, boba, GK, zarris, EP
  • JasFonz wrote: »
    Having Maul go first is of absolutely no use cause his daze won't prevent a fast rex or Chirrut to get the cleanse happening. I try and have DN go first so he has a higher chance of reducing one or both of those abilities. Basically your Maul needs to be over 200 speed and unfortunately i don't have those mods. I have Nilly at 219 which gets him to start off first.

Maul going first means Maul going first in the match, not just your team. Maul's leadership ability gives him a 1.25x speed boost in his first turn, so you'll have the advantage against non-Maul squads (unless you've been neglecting mod farming or have had terribad RNG ever since mods were released). Unfortunately, if the other team has better mods than you, it's an uphill climb. My Nilly is literally 1 speed slower than my Maul, so in most battles, I'll get my cooldown increase on 4-5 enemies right off the bat; 3-4 via the Daze + Nilly unique landing the DOT.

On the flip side, I found that I don't like going first in Maul vs Maul fights, so it works out for me to be slower than other Maul teams.