Galactic war matchmaking

So because I pushed up to Rank 37 ONCE... my galactic wars are impossible to beat..? This seems unbalanced to me. I sit at rank 90-60 most of the time why is this a thing?

Replies

• I'm not sure, but I think it's random based on your player level, not arena rank. I've ranked cosistantly in the top 50 sometimes in the top 20. Some days are harder than others.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Definitely random. I got easy opponents and I sit around 100 arena rank, easier opponents than when I was at 200
  • VastDeath wrote: »
    Definitely random. I got easy opponents and I sit around 100 arena rank, easier opponents than when I was at 200

Seems totally random to me but there is a ton to f speculation. I've had days where my hardest team would be a maxed meta team at node 6 and the final node would have level 60 heroes at 5* totally random. Nothing changing in my squad power or arena rank. Other days it's brutal from node 6 all the way through.

I think if there is any rhyme or reason that the speculation that it involves your highest past arena rank and your total roster strength seems somewhat valid but doesn't explain the drops in difficulty I see. Maybe one day we will get a good dev explanation.
  • A dev confirmed, that's why I made the post.
  • Fenrir823 wrote: »
    A dev confirmed, that's why I made the post.

Still doesn't explain the massive drop in difficulty some days. My highest arena rank isn't variable and I've seen it drop massively. From level 70 - 7* teams to level 60 5* teams.

I saw the post in Reddit and it still didn't clearly articulate the formula. I'm not saying that's not the case but there is something else to it.
  • xswingly
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Where did the dev confirm this because I'm about out of patience with this game over Galactic War matchmaking the past few days? I'm a level 55 with characters at 4-5 stars and keep getting matched against level 66-67 6 star players. I don't mind having a couple opponents 4-5 levels above that make me work or occasionally stop me but a 12 level difference is completely ridiculous and frustrating to no end. What is the point when their whole team gets to go first and you're left with two characters at 40% health before you even get one attack?

If this is supposed to be incentive to buy gems it's not working. Most of the character upgrades I need come from Arena or Galactic War. Making me fall way behind because I run into a level 66 after only getting 200-400 galactic war gems is not going to make me buy a bunch of Chromium cards on the off chance that I get shards or a character I need by random. It's going to make me stop playing this game.

• Hello, Welcome to the forums!

I am sorry you are having trouble with the GW. The best advice I can give is just to finish it as far as you can each day.
    There are strategy guides here that might help you.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/guides
  • Yeah, the matchmaking formula they use definitely needs a tweak. It seems to favor people under level 50 and close to the level cap, and unleashes some nasty punishment to those in between.

They've stated officially that they're looking in to it, though.