Arena hacking?

Acrofales
1363 posts Member
There are a couple of rather dubious guys on my ship shard. I have basically been giving them the benefit of the doubt so far, but saw something today which should, imho not really be possible. Is it possible to somehow trick the system into auto-winning an arena battle? If so, they might be doing that. Their whole guild has pretty **** ships. But they consistently beat teams on defense that are superb. The thing that just triggered this post is that I just saw one of them (fleet power ~140k) beat the top dog on our shard (fleet power 158k, and an all around far more streamlined fleet (he's a pretty big whale) and insofar as I can see, has all ships and pilots maxed).

While this could happen every now and then with some good RNG, it appears to be happening consistently for the guys in this guild. Am I stupid for suspecting something fishy? And they are just good players?

Replies

• Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    message CG_LucifersDaddy imeaditly with pictures of thier ships.

You might have found a whole guild of cheaters!
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    It does seem unusual especially since they all belong in the same guild and are all doing the same fishy activity.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    It's possible. My 127k fleet beats 145k fleets on my shard. Aa lead maul vader 5s Biggs jc, tfp boba wedge in reserve. If I get 3 target locks off and use mauls ships special on Biggs so he counters I win. If I lose a ship prior to that it's over.
  • Ship are huge rng. Lower power can beat higher power depend on squad synergy.
  • Yeah man - ships are jacked up. You can be beating the hell out of someone - down to 2 ships, then lose it all. It doesn't make sense.

Power doesn't really mean a whole lot anymore - my fleet power is only 126K - but I can compete with 135 - 140.
  • Sick of seeing biggs and ahsoka dodge my specials. And ai tie fighter dodge like its got a maul zeta then mine gets bettered without a single dodge
  • I put my ships to battle on auto, they suck and are low star count but still beat teams with way more power than it.
  • I beat guys with 10-20k fleet power more than me quite often. I run the Ackbar/Biggs/Scimitar combo, but Mace with tanky Jedi and clone ships that recover all kinds of protection work as well.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Those android users striked again!!
  • U like beating guys?
  • Whazn wrote: »
    It's possible. My 127k fleet beats 145k fleets on my shard. Aa lead maul vader 5s Biggs jc, tfp boba wedge in reserve. If I get 3 target locks off and use mauls ships special on Biggs so he counters I win. If I lose a ship prior to that it's over.

+1. When I fight power fleets 30k mote powerful than mine it comes down to Whether I can get mauls special onto biggs
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    Not saying they ain't but fleet power means nothing. Many ships power are over inflated,
    Max home one's on my leaderboard have ~20k power, maxed Endurance has about ~16k power.

Other popular ships that have inflated power
    Vader tie
    JC Jedi fighter
    Geo spy
    There is another I can't think of

Also 50k of fleet power can easily be part of the three reserves that you may not even need. Removing my reserves drops my fleet power from 158k to 105k and i have beaten many teams at 130-150k without ever calling in a reserve.

Tldr: fleet power is a horrible stat to use for comparison.
  • as the above pointed out you cant rely on fleet power. There is a guy on my shard running 3 and 4 star tie fighters with a 7 star biggs. I will pass him up every time to fight a fully 7* team with no ties. Since they fixed the Biggs bug he has become a bit OP since there isnt any real counter to target lock and is very dependent on RNG. Some fights every hit is a TL or me and the op gets nothing while others it is completely reversed. To be able to tell you if there is something hanky going on you would need to post the teams make up.
  • My fleet power 106k. I finish anywhere between #2 and #10. Everyone i compete with has about 130k+ fleet power. Half the time I don't even lose a single ship in my battles.

Fleet AI is horrible, and the only ships that really matter are the starting 5. RNG is a big factor as well.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    as the above pointed out you cant rely on fleet power. There is a guy on my shard running 3 and 4 star tie fighters with a 7 star biggs. I will pass him up every time to fight a fully 7* team with no ties. Since they fixed the Biggs bug he has become a bit OP since there isnt any real counter to target lock and is very dependent on RNG. Some fights every hit is a TL or me and the op gets nothing while others it is completely reversed. To be able to tell you if there is something hanky going on you would need to post the teams make up.

I know fleet power means very little. It was more as a proxy. But here are the teams:
    Possible hacker:
    6* Home One g8 lvl 66. All other ships are lvl 85. 5dot mods
    7* JC g9 low dot mods
    7* Biggs g10 5dot mods
    7* Wedge g10 5dot mods
    7* Ahsoka g10 low dot mods
    6* Imperial Tie g9 low dot mods

Whale:
    All ships 7*, 85
    Tarkin g11, no mods
    Slave One g11, 5dot mods
    Vader g11, 5dot mods
    Bistan g11 5dot mods, SRP g8 low dot mods
    Biggs g11 5dot mods
    Imperial Tie g11 5dot mods

Not quite sure what either use as reinforcements right now. Anyway, I'll send it to LD and let CG figure it out.

• If it's possible to cheat, someone will be cheating. Unfortunately, cheating appears to be in the eye of the beholder anymore so they may think it's not cheating because they know how to do it! Collusion in arena has completely blurred the lines of exploit vs. fair play imo. Who knows what cheating is in this game really?
  • You can't really term someone a cheater due to fleet arena
    It's very random
    I can beat a 160k fleet with my 140k mace fleet 2 out of 3 times

Squad arena cheating is becoming more common though
  • Geonosian_Spy
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    jeez, wish I was on some of your shards -- fleet power is 150k (My ships are just about all 7* and pilots are g11, a couple reinforcements at g10) and I have only broken into the top 20 once. Then again, I don't feel bad as there are two TI guys who never get any higher than hovering around the teens. Competition up top of that shard is brutal (couple of BHG peeps and some other heavies.) To your point, nothing about what you presented seems hinky to me and given the preponderence of wild swings of RNG especially with Ships, I don't think the fleet you posted above is that of a cheater (we've got a couple on my Arena-arena shard and it's pretty blatant.) This didn't really jump out at me.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    jeez, wish I was on some of your shards -- fleet power is 150k (My ships are just about all 7* and pilots are g11, a couple reinforcements at g10) and I have only broken into the top 20 once. Then again, I don't feel bad as there are two TI guys who never get any higher than hovering around the teens. Competition up top of that shard is brutal (couple of BHG peeps and some other heavies.) To your point, nothing about what you presented seems hinky to me and given the preponderence of wild swings of RNG especially with Ships, I don't think the fleet you posted above is that of a cheater (we've got a couple on my Arena-arena shard and it's pretty blatant.) This didn't really jump out at me.

Ok, I wasn't sure in any case. A shardmate mainly commented on the fact that they had 6* H1s before anybody else in the shard did (except for the whale), despite having relatively weak teams (they still have weak teams in comparison). Then I saw the guy beat our top whale and was a bit surprised (I took him on once and got curbstomped, after which I never bothered again). Anyway, I already sent the report to LD, and if he finds it wasn't cheating then that's good news :)