To all those who want Poe's head on a pitchfork

It has been weeks that I have been reading all those Poe's thread. About how he is totally unbalanced and how your only hope to defeat him is to have one maxed Poe as well.

Poe is indeed a very powerful toon. I have to however disagree when people say that you cannot win agaisnt a Poe team without having one yourself.
On my server, I alway fight for the 1st place with another player (hello Onerio!) Luckily for both of us, we don't share the same timezone. This guy uses a maxed Poe+4dps team (GS, Fotp, QGJ, DS). This is your standard meta arena team.

Now when I use a similar team, my win ratio is about 50% when his Poe goes first. If I use a full maxed dps team, my win ratio is about the same. Even if his Poe is the first character to act, I can still win with a 5 dps team.

What is the main element that makes me lose a fight when Poe act first? This is when he exposes my characters. An exposed character means that he is almost sure to be one shot by a dps.

The Poe balancing done by the devs for the futur content is great. Reducing his speed or removing his turn meter reduction like a lot of people suggested would have rendered him totally useless. I would have just used my full dps team and I am pretty sure most players would have done the same.

In conclusion, Poe is not the problem, leave him alone. As Naecabon and other players mentioned, the main problem is the dmg ratio vs health. As long as dmg won't be halved in PVP, we will still see the same team compo again and again in arena.

Member of Team Instinct

Replies

• Nope Poe is all powerful as he should be. Most dominant hero in all of Star Wars
  • What is the team you normally use in Arena?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • What is the team you normally use in Arena?

Non Poe team: Dark Sidious, Rey, GS, GQJ, Fotp
    Poe team: remove GS for Poe
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Can everyone please stop using acronyms for characters names? Especially 2 letters, and incorect order. It makes it a lot harder for some people to understand what you're saying.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Joshuar56 wrote: »
    Can everyone please stop using acronyms for characters names? Especially 2 letters, and incorect order. It makes it a lot harder for some people to understand what you're saying.

smh tbh fam, smh.
    tbqh idga f
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.