Ipad2 and crashing issues.

iPad 2 version 9.3.5

I never experienced crashing when I first started playing this game back in December 2015.
Now since ships and latest updates I'm crashing in raids, arena, Galatic wars, hard challenges etc.

I have done everything customer service has told me to do. My internet is fast and stable. No apps run in the background...ever. I've deleted the Swgoh app numerous times and redownloaded it. My iPad 2 memory is 6.9 Gb available. I've even went as far as completely erasing everything on my iPad2 and starting from scratch, redownloading the game and logging in through GameCenter. Yet despite all this I still crash.

As someone who has spent money on this game I find this very unacceptable. Had I known that ipad2 would have so much crashing issues with all the latest updates I wouldn't have spent money or wasted my time for the past year and a half.

In the Swgoh discription for devices that are accepted..iPad is one of the devices mentions that is able to run Swgoh. I shouldn't have as much crashing problems as I do. Newer games coming out lets the customer know before hand what devices work best for a more stable game experience. But this game says iPads will work.

I understand that older generation iPads won't run as stable with newer games..but this game has been out since 2015 and iPads should be able to handle the coding of new updates.

I also play on an iPhone6 and I have never crashed in arena, ships, challenges, raids etc.
That right there lets me know there is something wrong with iPads and the coding of this game.

I hope a mod reads this and mentions this to the higher ups at are making this game. I like swgohs a lot. Enough to spend a year and a half of my own personal time and money to play it. But if I continue to experience what I am starting to find as a mediocre game experience..then I don't see the point in playing or spending money anymore.

Basically what I'm saying is the game worked great before on ipad2...now I'm noticing it doesn't work as well and I'm asking please for this to be looked into.

Replies

• I run a computer networking support company. You're lucky you have gotten this far with using an IPad2 still. It's not a coding issue. It's a hardware issue for you. The 6.9 GB is your space available not memory. The processing power and memory in an iPad2 is much lower the in your iPhone 6. I have an iPad4 and it's laggy. Star Wars Force arena would crash on me sometimes especially on 2v2. I have an iPhone6s to play newer games on. Stick with your iPhone for now until you can/want to upgrade your iPad.
  • Rgwynnjr wrote: »
    I run a computer networking support company. You're lucky you have gotten this far with using an IPad2 still. It's not a coding issue. It's a hardware issue for you. The 6.9 GB is your space available not memory. The processing power and memory in an iPad2 is much lower the in your iPhone 6. I have an iPad4 and it's laggy. Star Wars Force arena would crash on me sometimes especially on 2v2. I have an iPhone6s to play newer games on. Stick with your iPhone for now until you can/want to upgrade your iPad.

Thanks for the info @Rgwynnjr

You're right I have been lucky to get as far as I have with my ipad2 still. I figured it was a hardware issue cause my phone works like a champ compared to my iPad2. My annoyance with this is that in the description for swgohs it says "Needs IOS 8 or better and works with IPhone, iPad and iPod". And by that discription and what I'm currently experiencing isn't the same.

When the game was released it seems to have ran so much better in the beginning. With newer updates with characters like Chirrut and Baze that do tons of buffs seem to make me lag so bad to the point of crashing. Same thing with phase 3 of the HAAT raid. A boss plus 6 side robot mobs seems like too much graphic intrusion for my iPad. That's why I was saying these newer updates aren't working on my device like it used to on day one.

Since you know more about this than I do..I have a question. Is it possible that the devs can fix this so older generation devices can handle the demands of these newer updates..or am I just pretty much screwed and will have to just play on a phone until my phone starts doing the exact same thing my ipad2 does?
  • They probably need to update their game info requirements. There is really not much you can do. Your phone will be fine for a 2-3 years at least. As they update games, they usually demand better hardware. The iPad2 is pretty much done for except for more basic use. My iPad will be probably replaced by Christmas 2018 if not before that. My younger kids still use my old iPhone 4 just to watch YouTube vids on it. It can do more simply games but that is about it.
  • Rgwynnjr wrote: »
    They probably need to update their game info requirements. There is really not much you can do. Your phone will be fine for a 2-3 years at least. As they update games, they usually demand better hardware. The iPad2 is pretty much done for except for more basic use. My iPad will be probably replaced by Christmas 2018 if not before that. My younger kids still use my old iPhone 4 just to watch YouTube vids on it. It can do more simply games but that is about it.

Thanks for the info @Rgwynnjr, I really appreciate it:)