Retribution mods would have been funny.

War
932 posts Member
There was a screenshot of retribution mods a long time ago. My first thought was OP, then recently I thought, well if you're going to give up other set bonuses it might balance out. This got me thinking of other buffs that'd be fun to attach to 4 piece set mods.

I'd have run Retribution mods on DT and Magma. DT countering with Daze would be fantastic, and Magmatrooper ability blocking 2 enemies and regaining 20% Protection on a counter would be pretty great as well.

For my TFP and EP I'd run a Foresight set. While unlike Retribution it would only work once, It'd be a lifesaver for the two. Another first turn only buff that'd be fun, would be tactical genius on Zader. My last two arena characters, Zidious and SHT, I'd probably just stick with the Potency and Health sets.

What kind of "what if" mods would you guys run on your arena teams? This will obviously never happen. So no need for that would be OP or any other more serious comments. Just a fun thread.

Replies

• lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Midichlorians. Most powerful Star Wars stat.

+INT. Improves the A.I.'s decision-making abilities whenever it takes control of your characters. That could be the new meta. Whoever has the best A.I. will have the best chance to win on defense.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A few weeks after mods came out, I remember feeling a bit disappointed at the lost opportunities that the devs missed. Not only are the left-side mods locked to rather boring primary attributes (offense, defence, health/protection) but some of the more interesting primary attributes directly competed with speed and weren't available as secondaries, making them unlikely to be ever used (accuracy, crit avoidance). Even critical damage never appears as a secondary, that would have been great to get a defense mod with a +8% crit damage secondary.

But where I think they really missed the boat was on very creative mods:
    • Evasion%
    • Health Steal
    • Stealth chance at end of turn
    • TM gain on attack, taking damage, resisting, enemy special, enemy dodge, etc.
    • Strength/agility/tactics % improvement
    • % chance to attack again or call an assist on basic
    • % counter chance
    • counter damage
    • % chance to inflict some debuff on basic
    Even if these primaries were very rare, it would have made for some very interesting strategy. What we currently have so heavily favours speed and crits that there isn't a lot of mod variety, IMO.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    A few weeks after mods came out, I remember feeling a bit disappointed at the lost opportunities that the devs missed. Not only are the left-side mods locked to rather boring primary attributes (offense, defence, health/protection) but some of the more interesting primary attributes directly competed with speed and weren't available as secondaries, making them unlikely to be ever used (accuracy, crit avoidance). Even critical damage never appears as a secondary, that would have been great to get a defense mod with a +8% crit damage secondary.

• Evasion%
    • Health Steal
    • % counter chance
    • counter damage
    Even if these primaries were very rare, it would have made for some very interesting strategy. What we currently have so heavily favours speed and crits that there isn't a lot of mod variety, IMO.

No more evasion please. The leader abilities are enough.

The other sound great.
  • Options
    i would quit the game if there was more evasion man.
  • Options

Playing against a Zeta-Maul team with all-retribution mods would probably be enough to get me to quit the game.
  • Options
    Cool down increase mods on DN and DT.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    These mods will never happen, the point was to just have fun with the idea.
  • Options
    I think mods over complicate the game already... especially with the poor mod mgt interface.
    So i can't say i would support this idea... however and sorry for crashing your post but i could not resist when i saw a post called "penetration mod" and this post next it.... now, a penetration mod, that would be funny! Lol
  • Options
    I would have really liked retribution/armor/special damage resistance mods. At first I thought mods directly benefitted INT (renamed TAC with ships update), STR and AGI.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »

• Evasion%
    • Health Steal
    • % counter chance
    • counter damage

No more evasion please. The leader abilities are enough.

The other sound great.

When mods were first announced, it was in the middle of the OB/dooku evasion meta. I swore that I would quit the game if evasion mods were a thing, and luckily (sort of?) I'm still playing now.

Evasion mods at that time would have killed the game, and they would kill the game if ever released, because evasion is a poor excuse for a mechanic that is only in place because the devs were too lazy to think of something actually creative.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind