My conspiracy theory regarding Poe.

cosmicturtle333
5004 posts Member
edited February 2016
bWUuDChl.jpg

I'm going to ruffle a few feathers here, but whatever. I don't really care.

So here goes:

Step 1: Make an incredibly useful, OP hero free to a large portion of the player base.
Step 2: Make him farmable in the slowest possible location with the most expensive refresh costs.
Step 3: Everyone complains because he is OP.
Step 4: Nerf him in the smallest way possible so people don't request refunds.
Step 5: Show all players in Arena everyone's squad's.

So now if you don't have Poe there will be a massive target on your back. You will be attacked more than any other Poe user because of this. You will drop in ranks at lightspeed. There is no counter to Poe right now. With the scales massively tipped in the favour of Glass Cannons and high DPS heroes you simply will not win if RNG doesn't go your way.

The only way to not drop ranks is to get your own Poe, and to star him fast. That will be the only chance you have of defending yourself in Arena. This will mean that 99% of all players will be running Poe. Then you need to have the strongest Poe around. The longer you wait the lower you drop. Less rewards,less crystals given to you. But you need more crystals to star Poe.

So you buy more crystals.

I'm not saying that this technique is a bad way to make money, because it is a very good way. It's genius. I never would have thought of that.

But what you've done is created an incredibly boring game. Cookie cutter teams are already rampant in Arena and now it is only going to get worse.

If anyone isn't using Poe they will get very bored of Arena very quickly.

The days of Poe are upon us.

Edit: grammars
My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
Post edited by cosmicturtle333 on

Replies

• Long story short, the devs don't want to nerf Poe or change the DPS meta because they will get more money if they keep it this way.
  • This is bait.
  • Elyndria wrote: »
    This is bait.

I believe it's true. I'm not trolling, and I hope I don't insult the developers. It's good business practice, but some have to suffer because of it.
  • +1 agree good read seen things like this in other games and it works. But i do hope this is a fading tatic because i would like to see more diversity.
  • Agreed. Reducing his tenacity and exposure % was an insult to our collective intelligence. His OP attributes are his speed AND his turn meter reduction AND his team exposure AND his two turn taunt w/built in self-heal. If you nerfed any of those significantly, you have a step in the right direction, but they did not. The whole point of balancing is to prevent heroes from either being used 0% of the time or 100% of the time. This change does nothing to make Poe not an automatic no-brainer in glass cannon (pretty much all attackers) comps.

What the rankings of tanks currently are:

1. Poe
    2. Han
    3. Chewie

What the rankings of tanks should be in a balanced game:

1. Poe
    2. Han
    3. Chewie

• Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Agreed. Reducing his tenacity and exposure % was an insult to our collective intelligence. His OP attributes are his speed AND his turn meter reduction AND his team exposure AND his two turn taunt w/built in self-heal. If you nerfed any of those significantly, you have a step in the right direction, but they did not. The whole point of balancing is to prevent heroes from either being used 0% of the time or 100% of the time. This change does nothing to make Poe not an automatic no-brainer in glass cannon (pretty much all attackers) comps.

What the rankings of tanks currently are:

1. Poe
    2. Han
    3. Chewie

What the rankings of tanks should be in a balanced game:

1. Poe
    2. Han
    3. Chewie

My 7* Solo cannot match a 4* Poe, i can still beat the team but you can definitely see a difference.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    In case anyone cares I already have spent money on this game and will continue to do so, but it won't be to farm Poe.

I'll farm heroes I want to farm. Not heroes I have to farm.

I just wish Poe wasn't mandatory as Arena battles would be more interesting facing a variety of teams.

Imagine this, you have five battles tonight.

In your first battle you face a First Order team, their assists are taxing and do a lot of damage, you make sure you bring in heroes with counters and healing.

Then you face a team of nightsisters. You know they're slow so you bring in heroes like Fives who can use his speed down debuff on them.

Then you face a team of Resistance fighters. A well balanced Poe uses a fair taunt that is difficult to counter, but not impossible. Then Rey does incredible damage with her super strong attacks.

Then you face an all Empire team. You make sure to bring Ackbar as he will be a great counter to Vader's Dots.

Then you face a team of all Jedi. You bring a team of all Sith so you can wipe them out with your anti-Jedi abilities.

THIS is the game I expected when I started playing. This is what I want in the future. I believe this may even be what the developers want to see as well. But in the forseeable future this won't happen.
  • Remember the good old days when arena teams were made up of your 5 strongest AoE's and it was on auto battle? This game has come a long way in a reasonably short time, I think it's just a phase and it'll pass. Imagine when Anakin takes over from poggle! Or Emporer from everyone! My Poe's 1 day away from 7* and must say I'm quite excited!
  • In case anyone cares I already have spent money on this game and will continue to do so, but it won't be to farm Poe.

I'll farm heroes I want to farm. Not heroes I have to farm.

I just wish Poe wasn't mandatory as Arena battles would be more interesting facing a variety of teams.

Imagine this, you have five battles tonight.

In your first battle you face a First Order team, their assists are taxing and do a lot of damage, you make sure you bring in heroes with counters and healing.

Then you face a team of nightsisters. You know they're slow so you bring in heroes like Fives who can use his speed down debuff on them.

Then you face a team of Resistance fighters. A well balanced Poe uses a fair taunt that is difficult to counter, but not impossible. Then Rey does incredible damage with her super strong attacks.

Then you face an all Empire team. You make sure to bring Ackbar as he will be a great counter to Vader's Dots.

Then you face a team of all Jedi. You bring a team of all Sith so you can wipe them out with your anti-Jedi abilities.

THIS is the game I expected when I started playing. This is what I want in the future. I believe this may even be what the developers want to see as well. But in the forseeable future this won't happen.

Same for pretty much everyone I believe, but that's what metas do
  • Tbh poggle is probably more useful then aniken. Ah yes pre launch days where whoever spams aoe wins.
    Poe certainly has counters I took 1st spot today and held it until prize time with no Poe
    And he is only going to get worse from the patch
    I have Poe at 7* and he is really good but inconsistent
    I can more constantly best Poe without using him.
    The real mvp is geo soldier that guy is a monster
  • I understand you are upset because you don't have Poe and choose to be obstinate and not get one. But your "they are doing this to force people to spend money on crystals theory" is nonsensical.

Most of the top teams in Arena already have Poe. According to all you Poe haters, it's like every ranked 1-10 team.

People without Poe, like yourself, are in the minority when it comes to the top teams.

If they REALLY wanted to make money, they would have nerfed Poe, forcing all the top teams, the ones who actually care about rankings and therefore spend money, to spend money leveling other toons for whatever the new meta would have become.
  • At first I didn't have a problem with Poe, I almost never faced him. I never said he was OP. Not once before these patch notes have I ever said anyone was OP.

Not once.

And to a certain degree he still isn't. But because of the ability to see who you are battling before you battle them this makes him mandatory to compete in Arena.

If it wasn't for this change I wouldn't have said a word about Poe.
  • You forgot the best part... After your grueling 2-3 months of starring Poe up to 7* level, as you triumphantly roar at your amazing Poe/Glass Cannon arena placement, CG releases Jabba the Hutt, a 25k health, turn meter reduction taunt who has a brand new turn 6 tier 1 move speed and guarantees first move. As a chromium exclusive of course, but only for a couple months before slightly nerfing him and placing him in Cantina shipments next to Poe.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • @cosmicturtle333
    Yo turtleman, thanks for the laugh :)
    Poe is becoming less of a nuisance lately and I'm curious to find out if the "nerf" will increase the winrate by a lot. Anyway I haven't seen you in my Get Po(e)wned topic. You need to make a wordjoke my friend haha

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/9922/get-po-e-wned-wordjoke#latest
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • If the various groups had harder counters to each other like Sith vs Jedi then you would see more variety.

I think this may be the rationalisation for seeing the entire team comp.

If we get some good resistance and other counters then people possibly be crying re-buff Whiney the Poe.

The visible team comp is certainly going to benefit big spenders which isn't necessarily unfair.

All I really know is I will always be 100% FTP cos I'm a tight ****.
    Roger roger