Non-Sith fan looking for reassurance from devs

Prev1
StormTro0p3R_H
1643 posts Member
edited March 2017
I want to make this as positive as possible, even though I'm feeling pretty down about this game lately.

Just wanna say first off: you guys have done a great job making the Sith competitive and did a wonderful job making Phoenix a pretty cool "fun" squad.

But, sadly, I'm a player that really doesn't care about any of the work you've released during the past few months. I'm a player that hasn't had anything of interest happen in a very long time.

I'd just like to know, straight up, what the near future of this game holds. I've stuck it out during Wiggs, then Chaze, then zMaul....I'm tired of just sticking it out. I'm not having even a bit of fun with this game lately and I want to know how it's going to change.

I don't need fellow players talking about how they think this or that will happen. I don't need vague answers from devs. I need to know if I'm wasting my time on this game. A simple "We are planning to do this and that in April and May" would go along way. So would your silence...but just not in the direction I think you want customers to go.

Thanks for the great game!
@CG_Kozispoon @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse

Replies

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    I want to make this as positive as possible, even though I'm feeling pretty down about this game lately.

Just wanna say first off: you guys have done a great job making the Sith competitive and did a wonderful job making Phoenix a pretty cool "fun" squad.

But, sadly, I'm a player that really doesn't care about any of the work you've released during the past few months. I'm a player that hasn't had anything of interest happen in a very long time.

I'd just like to know, straight up, what the near future of this game holds. I've stuck it out during Wiggs, then Chaze, then zMaul....I'm tired of just sticking it out. I'm not having even a bit of fun with this game lately and I want to know how it's going to change.

I don't need fellow players talking about how they think this or that will happen. I don't need vague answers from devs. I need to know if I'm wasting my time on this game. A simple "We are planning to do this and that in April and May" would go along way. So would your silence...but just not in the direction I think you want customers to go.

Thanks for the great game!
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse

Good luck on getting them to answer. You're going to need it.

• Go play Pokémon.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Well if you dont like sith, rebels, jedi, bounty hunters, or empire, then you'll probably going to be out of luck because those are kind of the main factions of rhe star wars universe.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Urorrrur'r'r'r
  • Ah, it's the whiny Stormtrooper guy again, just noticed. If you hate the game that much maybe just quit and start collecting Star Wars action figures or whatever floats your boat instead.
  • If you are looking for a balanced game then go elsewhere. This game is not, and will never be balanced. They actually go out of their way to make it unbalanced, because making people chase the meta is a way to make $$$. And they aren't going to tell you what that is beforehand, because then you don't have to spend money to catch up to it. If you aren't prepared to handle that, then you are better off not playing.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Ah, it's the whiny Stormtrooper guy again, just noticed. If you hate the game that much maybe just quit and start collecting Star Wars action figures or whatever floats your boat instead.

• What makes you special enough to warrant a personal audience with the Dev team? The near future is based on the continuation of the Phoenix roll out, the April daily character is already known. Pao. And the main focus will be the ships to go along with the Phoenix squads. Either you are being deliberately naive or have been living under a rock.
    I fight the good fight
  • If you are looking for a balanced game then go elsewhere. This game is not, and will never be balanced. They actually go out of their way to make it unbalanced, because making people chase the meta is a way to make $$$. And they aren't going to tell you what that is beforehand, because then you don't have to spend money to catch up to it. If you aren't prepared to handle that, then you are better off not playing.

• dough
    641 posts Member
    Dreislao wrote: »
    What makes you special enough to warrant a personal audience with the Dev team? The near future is based on the continuation of the Phoenix roll out, the April daily character is already known. Pao. And the main focus will be the ships to go along with the Phoenix squads. Either you are being deliberately naive or have been living under a rock.

I hear you man, Director Krennic didn't even have enough juice to warrant a personal audience with the Emporer.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    (...)
    I don't need vague answers from devs. I need to know if I'm wasting my time on this game. (...)

If you want more then a vague answer from them then yes you are wasting your time.

Good luck in whatever game you move on to.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    I really don't understand the purpose of this post. If you are not having fun, then find something else to do. If you want the Devs to tell you the next meta shift, they can't. They are not going to release any information whatsoever before it is time for them to do so.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Dreislao wrote: »

Problem is that none of these new character events are fun. I miss tournaments since they gave me something to look forward to. These events are a snooze fest and all do they is give me a new charatcer who I can't star for three months and who I can't gear with all the competing gear requirements I have for my other toons
  • The op didn't ask for fun he wanted to know what was ahead. We already have a roadmap for April. Fun is subjective also. I quite enjoy them and didn't enjoy tournaments.
    I fight the good fight
  • Confusing post... You don't like Sith, toy don't like Rebels... What it is you wish for?
  • why did the OP play to begin with? as stated already he dislikes pretty much all the factions in the star wars universe. there isn't much left to like if you don't like sith jedi rebel or bounty hunters.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Man, you are acting like you have to run sith. Dude just use whatever toons you like and try to make a cohesive team. If you lose oh well, at least you are losing with what you want.
  • Actually what does op want? What does op have? So he doesn't want to gear wiggs, zaul, chaze.
    Empire squad? Resistance? Jedi?
    U complain but seems you complain without saying which faction that you hold dear and fully geared and starred.. waiting for the day for your squad to shine, need a squad to run in the first place
    518 posts Member
    Play for fun by using a squad who's not meta but a squad you really like. Clones are not meta but I play with them, just because I like them and they are funny with everything I like (TM gain, Tenacity UP, Debuff on the entire opposite team, Assists, Stun, TM removal, crits...). And I can be good in Arena, I'm 122 actually and I now it could be better, but I don't care, I progress step by step, slowly. Generally being meta mean ruin a faction just to let them by incredible for a moment and put another faction just after them.

I'm farming some new rebels because they seems to be fun to play : Jyn, Chirrut, Andor and K2SO. They were "cheat" at one point but now they're just funny to play and nice to use.
    Do whatever you want, when you want. No obligation and play for fun.
  • Your support is overwhelming guys. I didn't expect so much love. Just to make an attempt to address some of the things brought up: (1) Didn't realize the Rebel Alliance = Wedge/Biggs (2) Didn't realize the Rebel Alliance = Chirrut/Baze (3) Didn't realize, mods being equal, Jedi > Sith (4) Didn't realize asking a question = asking for a private audience (5) DID realize my posts recently = whiny.

I'm not sure what else there is to say other than I've enjoyed playing the game for 11 out of the past 13 months. I actually love the potential this game has and I'm not quite content dragging the line for another 2 months.

You all misunderstand my complaints. I want to know if I'm going to continue to be disappointed or if I'm going to enjoy the game again. That's it. I know I could just quit. It should be obvious that I don't WANT to quit. It's also pretty obvious that right now I'm quit close to doing so BUT I am seeking a reason not to.
  • Your support is overwhelming guys. I didn't expect so much love. Just to make an attempt to address some of the things brought up: (1) Didn't realize the Rebel Alliance = Wedge/Biggs (2) Didn't realize the Rebel Alliance = Chirrut/Baze (3) Didn't realize, mods being equal, Jedi > Sith (4) Didn't realize asking a question = asking for a private audience (5) DID realize my posts recently = whiny.

I'm not sure what else there is to say other than I've enjoyed playing the game for 11 out of the past 13 months. I actually love the potential this game has and I'm not quite content dragging the line for another 2 months.

You all misunderstand my complaints. I want to know if I'm going to continue to be disappointed or if I'm going to enjoy the game again. That's it. I know I could just quit. It should be obvious that I don't WANT to quit. It's also pretty obvious that right now I'm quit close to doing so BUT I am seeking a reason not to.

If you don't want to quit, be a man, stop moaning, and roll with the punches.
  • Unimatrix wrote: »
    Actually what does op want? What does op have? So he doesn't want to gear wiggs, zaul, chaze.
    Empire squad? Resistance? Jedi?
    U complain but seems you complain without saying which faction that you hold dear and fully geared and starred.. waiting for the day for your squad to shine, need a squad to run in the first place

I could build any team you name (everything is farmable atm.) I can win with stuff that most people would look at and think it's complete garbage. I'm not pouting over rank or inability to compete. I'm stating my opinion on how completely unfulfilling the recent months have been to me. It's obvious that there is another side to all this, that Sith and Rebels cartoon fans are on cloud 9. I have a differing opinion and spoke up about it.
  • I'm beginning to wonder if I'm trying to troll a troll.
  • Confusing post - if you don't like Sith / Empire / Rebels metas recently ... what's the wish than? Jedi? If so, Jedi are elite tier and can take #1 on a Sith board with zeta Jinn.

Sounds to me though, honestly OP, that you may want to just stop playing for a few weeks or a couple months. Games like these can get very boring day after day after day if you've played it for >1 year - but take a break and come back and there's a lot to do and catch up on. Pumps new life in the game. Seems like you just find the game really boring and stale and I bet you'd find that any meta shift is not the real problem - feels like you're looking for more than just a non-Sith meta. I say that because there are so many other parts of the game to enjoy - ships, GW, 2 different raids - that having one specific piece of the game sink the whole ship for you doesn't make sense. This isn't even the Poe meta where options were really limited - many comps and heroes can win vs. Sith.

Not sold on the fact that "being a real man" means continuing to waste your time on a game with no future for you. This game has the potential to be enjoyable again. "Rolling with the punches" is exactly what I plan on doing if that potential is going to be realized. If I feel the potential is no longer there I'll "go play Pokemon" as you suggested.

Not sold on the fact that "being a real man" means continuing to waste your time on a game with no future for you. This game has the potential to be enjoyable again. "Rolling with the punches" is exactly what I plan on doing if that potential is going to be realized. If I feel the potential is no longer there I'll "go play Pokemon" as you suggested.

Pokemon has a much more balanced metagame.

Was just trying to annoy you for fun, bored out of my mind barbecueing weeners. Cheers, peace unto ya, and jolly weekend!
  • Confusing post - if you don't like Sith / Empire / Rebels metas recently ... what's the wish than? Jedi? If so, Jedi are elite tier and can take #1 on a Sith board with zeta Jinn.

Sounds to me though, honestly OP, that you may want to just stop playing for a few weeks or a couple months. Games like these can get very boring day after day after day if you've played it for >1 year - but take a break and come back and there's a lot to do and catch up on. Pumps new life in the game. Seems like you just find the game really boring and stale and I bet you'd find that any meta shift is not the real problem - feels like you're looking for more than just a non-Sith meta. I say that because there are so many other parts of the game to enjoy - ships, GW, 2 different raids - that having one specific piece of the game sink the whole ship for you doesn't make sense. This isn't even the Poe meta where options were really limited - many comps and heroes can win vs. Sith.

No doubt the real issue at hand is indeed the boredom. There may just really not be an answer to that problem. If I take a long break from a game that was boring me, what's to bring me back? The same thing that will get me to stay: something to get excited over. That's going to be different for everyone, I know, but I'm looking for it before I take a long break. Because without it, who is to say I'd be coming back?
  • Game is getting a little boring. The SW rebels update is just so unexciting.