I don't understand.

I've had a decent challenge in Galaxy war so far but I could clear it 17 days in a row. Today out of the blue Im being challenged by lvl 63-64 all the way with purple gear and 6-7*. I barely got to the last fight, level 67 all 7*. What the hell, im level 58 F2P player only have a 6* luminara 6* sid 5* JC 5* talia and 3* dooku.

I didnt promote any player since yesterday nor level up anyone. This is quite a bummer, i used to fight level 54-60 max so far....

Replies

• yeah, it's a bummer.

Galaxy war is hard.
  • I dont mind it being hard, but switching from decent challenge to absolutely impossible in a day with no apparent reason is beyond ridiculous. If you aren't a pay to win player, you rely on those rewards to try and stay competitive. I hate what gaming has become. People spent so much on microtransactions that every game developper feels compelled to use that model now...

I'd rather pay 30$ for the game upfront and then everyone starts on the same ground. It would still be the model if people would just play the game to get stronger instead of paying for upgrades. And thats true for every game.

Whatever, EA understands that if someone is stupid ennough to spend thousands of dollars on virtual stuff on a mobile game, they want their share and I'd do the same in their place...
  • KechaWacha wrote: »
    I've had a decent challenge in Galaxy war so far but I could clear it 17 days in a row. Today out of the blue Im being challenged by lvl 63-64 all the way with purple gear and 6-7*. I barely got to the last fight, level 67 all 7*. What the hell, im level 58 F2P player only have a 6* luminara 6* sid 5* JC 5* talia and 3* dooku.

I didnt promote any player since yesterday nor level up anyone. This is quite a bummer, i used to fight level 54-60 max so far....

2 days ago, I faced a full lvl 58 team with purple gear while I was lvl 46. Let's say I did not succeed. Yesterday and today were far easier though, I faced teams about 5-6 levels higher than I am and that is manageable with proper strategy.

Also F2P so I do not have an amazing team, but I am still having a lot of fun when the game provides me with something challenging, but not impossible to accomplish.
  • Yeah I know how you feel, thats the thing that bothers me, this is a fun game and I like playing it. If the fact that I'm not willing to pay hundreds of dollars prevents me from having a slight chance of winning, I'll end up quitting and thats not what I want..
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    I have two accounts. A level 69 p2w account and a totally f2p account. My f2p is mid 50s. I run:

5* Luminara, 5* Sidious, 4* ig88, 3* GS, 4* JC.

I have won every single GW since turning 40. I often face teams in low to mid 60s typically better geared. It's about running the right team, rotating your heals correctly, and knowing when to retreat because RNG is setting you up poorly for the next match.
  • Yeah, i had to retreat many times to get to the last match, but there was no way i could beat it. The thing is that i got paired against high levels many times but when it happened they were either low star level or badly geared. This time though they were all purple gear and high star ranking..

The weird thing is that i just noticed that the number 1 rank in arena is level 66 on my server and most are closer to level 60-62.. So where did theses high level come from? Do they match us against players from other servers? I've managed to keep in the top 50 consistantly for a while and i couldnt stick there if i was in a different server.