What can beat Zaul lead with Zavage?

LastJedi
3047 posts Member
Zaul L, Zavage, Vader, EP, Nihilus.

Without ZGJ and GK.... or better speed mods than the other guys... is anything else even worth a try? Since Savage has evolved to Zavage, nothing I have seems to cut it anymore. Maybe I'm just tired of trying.

Replies

• A faster Zaul/Sith team!!

B2 and ability blocking would do well.
  • I beat it with Rex lead DT/TFP Boba zylo and sf/gk depends on how I feel and who I think will benefit me most
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    My b2 is G10. He seems to be exactly useless, right now.
    Does he gain any effectiveness from G11? Against Zaul, is he supposed to do anything useful besides buff block every now and then?
    What squad would you use him with?

My current squad, which I have used for a whole week, is:
    EP
    RG
    Dooku/Anni
    Chaze

This beat Zaul teams, pretty well, on offense. But one week later, Zavage is on my shard. With Zavage removing debuffs, my EP never attains critical mass. I can't kill Savage first, either, or can I? High evasion, stealth, and large healthpool? Every other toon on the squad is a ticking timebomb playing musical chairs with the stealth.

I also have a maxed Boba and G11 Wiggs, Yoda, Plo Koon, Ackar, QGJ. But my only Zeta is on Yoda. I have another zeta coming soon, and I dont' know what to do with it.

Research suggests that THESE teams can beat Zaul + Zavage.
    1. ZGJ and GK (I don't have GK)
    2. Rex lead with Wiggs/chaze (I don't have Rex)
    3. B2/TFP... uhhh.. under Zader lead? Zader lead, B2, TFP, EP... ? Please help me with this B2 "counter" to Zaul/Zavage. I don't get it.
    4. The guys with the uber speed can use Wiggs, Speed Boba, Chaze. I have all those toons but not the speed. This WAS my arena squad, but I could not beat zaul with this team even before Zavage.

*Thx DeeRod12. I don't have Rex, GK or Kylo, let alone Zylo. And I dont' even know who DT or SF are.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    in short, it seems like if you could beat Zaul on offense, you could do pretty well in arena. Since half the top 20 is Zaul. I thought I found the crack with my stun/shock squad, but that lasted for one arena win before Zavage closed that up, again. I think there are 3 new Zavages on my shard in the last week. :)

I guess I'll go to the back of the bus, again. And save my zetas for when I finally have a relevant arena squad, in a galaxy far far away.
  • First order zhasma.

Add the other 3 zetas it gets easier
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    So now the "counters" take 6 months to grind. For a meta that won't exist by then.

Unless someone can explain how B2 is a "counter." I hope I'm missing something. :)
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    LastJedi wrote: »
    So now the "counters" take 6 months to grind. For a meta that won't exist by then.

Unless someone can explain how B2 is a "counter." I hope I'm missing something. :)

He has 40% chance to gain 100% tm whenever someone is damaged. That means he is attacking a lot which means his mow down clears quicker. Mow down removes positive effects and adds buff immunity. Makes it easier target EP or block DN.

• War
    932 posts Member
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    LastJedi wrote: »

He has 40% chance to gain 100% tm whenever someone is damaged. That means he is attacking a lot which means his mow down clears quicker. Mow down removes positive effects and adds buff immunity. Makes it easier target EP or block DN.

Problem is Maul's AoE daze. But there are counters to Zaul, just not common ones you could farm quickly. Which to honest is a good thing. Why would people buy the new Sith characters if there was an easily farmed counter meta.

Like all flavor metas though, Zaul will fall. You'll still see a few Zaul teams like you still see Zader, Droids, EP, Wiggs, etc. Just proof their teams are the real deal, and not the it just took a Zeta and I'm top 20.
  • Don't think your current squad will beat Zavage unless RNG lines up for you perfectly. Your only hope is for EP to keep him stunned and your guys to not crit.

To beat Zavage you really need to overpower him with one KO or with series of quick blows otherwise he just heals back up.

I would take out RG and sub in a Vader or Boba or DN or GK
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    "Mow down removes positive effects and adds buff immunity."
    The only positive effect these guys get, aside from Zavage, is stealth and advantage, which all come and go like the wind, anyway. And Zavage cleanses two people every turn. Personaly, I have not seen any positive effect of b2 against zaul zavage. Maybe i am doing it wrong. The problem isn't daze. It is annihilate and culling blade (after first one is blocked). Stuns and shocks are hard enough to land, and with Zavage eating at least one per turn, they don't stick around long enough to turn the tide. (Hits are hard enough to land, at all... dodges 4 times in a row are common enough, and I have been experimenting with accuracy arrow which so far is LOL. With accuracy arrow, even with accuracy arrow, I have never seen Dooku hit twice on his double!) And annihilate from 4 star 80k health/protection + invisible Nihilus who shrugs off at least 50% stuns (100% resist when his annihilate is loaded!?) Will get u. I have rg loaded with potency and dooku is the most potent toon, and Annihilus only has 30% tenacity. But I spent pile of crystals trying to beat this team and he simply won't be denied. When he is loaded, he gets his turn. :) on a good day I can kill ep and maul. But the round Robin peekaboo of ZaDer, Nihilus, and zavage just won't die. :) and they dish out the executions. Zavage is a cleanser that cleanses himself. He is a cleanser that is a tank and can't be slowed down.

B2.... with what other 4 can b2 beat zaul and zavage?

With one zeta on Savage, zaul became high percentage win to impossible for my current know how. Without zavage, ep spreads enough shock to gain tm and make a comeback. With zavage eating debuffs, ep lead doesn't ever get off the ground.

I g11 plo to try to beat zaul, and I don't see how plo can be viable on the team, let alone as lead.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Every toon's unique abilities are blocked by shock... except for Zavage's zeta, no? Is there a way to neutralize Zavage? Shocking him is a waste of a turn, unless you are going to intentionally hit him again before his next action - i.e. you are going to kill him. And you will have hard enough time killing him if he is alone, let alone with his buddies. When it's down to Zavage, Zader, and Nihilus, Zavage is cleansing 2/3 of his team on every turn.

"Don't think your current squad will beat Zavage." You would be correct. Ding ding ding. :) And this "current squad" is just something I whipped up to beat reglar Zaul squads... *facepalm*
  • Dn, boba or vader can kill him.
    My shard mates can beat my zavage with rex / boba teams, zmaul / vader teams...
    Also zavage does get slowed down when he gets shocked, ability immunity or daze... until he gets crit and cleanses himself.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    So if u shock him he can't debuff another toon until shock wears off?
    As long as he doesn't have a dot?
    Shock seems to drop off him at his action, even if he isn't attacked. Will try it right now.

My boba is completely maxed minus the zeta. Can kill zavage, if lucky. But not in a way I will win. My Boba not fast enough to get anything out of his block at the start.

Edit: @Startomsto woot. Finally beat this team. Thanks. Zavage seems like he cleansed once, the first turn after I shocked him (it filled his TM, so maybe the shock applied after). But the shock stuck. And I think it stopped him from cleansing on his next turn. So I ended up somehow winning by shocking zavage early and then luckily avoided critting him even though I had to hit him 3 or 4 times lol. Then somehow I killed zavage second, after EP... and I must got lucky cuz i just blew on him and he fell dead. And for the first time out of ten tries I stunned nihilis TWICE. So he annihilated only one of my toons.

So.... a lot of things went right.... but least I know it is possible. Haha.
  • Well done! :)
    I should not tell people how to beat me though haha...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Well, considering all the things that went right..... and fact that I couldn't even hit zavage early, cuz he was stealthed.. I mean I didn't even tag him until 3rd turn... I somehow think I mostly fluked rather than this is a super big key, lol. I will be avoiding zavage like the plague.

Edit: in hindsight, perhaps the biggest luck was they only evaded like once or twice the entire match. I usually get evaded 3 or 4 times in a row, at some point. Ahh... evasion. This no doubt adds to the burn when losing to this squad. Yes, I will avoid like the plague, cuz losing just once can turn into a pile of rage credits.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Update. Definitely a fluke. And I might be wrong but I think zavage might be bugged. Stuns seem to be dropping off other toons (they dont miss their turn) even while he is shocked. HaRd to get a good data pile, because it is hard to live long enough to get a shock on Savage. And someone else. I think I could win one out of 20 battles, maybe. Did 4 more just to torture myself, and it is not even close. My typical hit rate on zaul seems to be 50 percentish. And debuff success maybe 50 percent. So that is 25 percent chance to shock or stun a toon. Maybe 10 percent chance to debuff the toon you want due to stealth. And with zavage cleansing, it is beyond hopeless. This with EP potency buff and two toons with 80 potency.... so I think this has less to do with specs and mechanics and more to do with devs deciding zaul wins.

So.. miss. Or hit but resist. Or deflect. Or land a debuff and it disappears, anyway. Lol. Not sure why zavage makes such a big difference, but he sure seems to be huge.I guess it is so hard to debuff even one toon. Trying to debuff Savage and another key toon is pretty darn hard when stealth dictates targets. It is hard to even debuff even 2 random toons in one savage turn cycle, so he is undoing more than half your work, when you are lucky. All of it when ur not. This with 3 debuffers.

I wonder who over there has a huge bone er for rex. I can't believe he is meta, again.
    Post edited by LastJedi on