Is it an age difference?

2Next

Replies

• benacrow wrote: »
    who is Pao?

That's my question too. Another toon to add to the pile of level 1 toons I guess

Before ships were released I was hopeful of seeing a fleet of Y wings or X Wings with the pilots from Red and Gold squadrons. I should have known better though and realised it wouldn't be well thought out at all, instead there's barely any iconic ships available at all, instead having random ships from the animated tv shows, ignoring the fact that the ships battles we've been lumped with are fairly horrendous in practice

Seeing as they've brought in someone like Nihilus there's the option of bringing in EU characters from the original trilogy as well, and toons that would mean more to us older fans. Unfortunately that would probably result in them being more powered and useful than the main characters already available (Wiggs aside) and they would have to rework all the original toons in game to make them relevant and bring the force game into balance
  • I think I must be getting old..... where are Luke Skywalker and R2D2??!!!!?? I don't care about the Star Wars rebels.... I want my childhood hero!! The man brave enough to kiss his sister and cop to it. And give him some serious synergy with R2!!!!!!!

How do you develop a Star Wars game and 1.5 years into it NOT release Luke and R2?!!? (Don't even bring up rebel Luke... horrible). In reductionistic terms this is a turn based strategy game with a Star Wars front, for the love of Leia can we please have the iconic character of the original trilogy? Seriously though.., I am really confused and need some nostalgia to look forward to. Almost all of the posts on here regarding "who would you like to see, almost always really obscure characters (I didn't even know who Nihilus was, didn't play the video game). Bring the iconic toons please.

+1
  • up
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    I think I must be getting old..... where are Luke Skywalker and R2D2??!!!!?? I don't care about the Star Wars rebels.... I want my childhood hero!! The man brave enough to kiss his sister and cop to it. And give him some serious synergy with R2!!!!!!!

How do you develop a Star Wars game and 1.5 years into it NOT release Luke and R2?!!? (Don't even bring up rebel Luke... horrible). In reductionistic terms this is a turn based strategy game with a Star Wars front, for the love of Leia can we please have the iconic character of the original trilogy? Seriously though.., I am really confused and need some nostalgia to look forward to. Almost all of the posts on here regarding "who would you like to see, almost always really obscure characters (I didn't even know who Nihilus was, didn't play the video game). Bring the iconic toons please.

I asked this same question way back and the response i got was, "They release characters during a time of importance and not just because of the character being a fan favorite."

I find it odd though that Luke, R2D2 and Padme and many more have not been added. They should have been farm-able the same way Darth Vader was in my opinion - through achievements.

What i think is going to happen:

They are going to release and 'Old Luke' (like an Old Ben) because of the new movie this year. Then possibly give a Younger Jedi Luke as a Raid Reward (like General Kenobi) - possibly from Star Wars Rebels. The reason i believe this is because General Kenobi is from Clone Wars i think so Luke will possibly be from Star Wars Rebels since Darth Maul just found out Old Ben is protecting 'the chosen one'.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    I think I must be getting old..... where are Luke Skywalker and R2D2??!!!!?? I don't care about the Star Wars rebels.... I want my childhood hero!! The man brave enough to kiss his sister and cop to it. And give him some serious synergy with R2!!!!!!!

I asked this same question way back and the response i got was, "They release characters during a time of importance and not just because of the character being a fan favorite."

I find it odd though that Luke, R2D2 and Padme and many more have not been added. They should have been farm-able the same way Darth Vader was in my opinion - through achievements.

They are going to release and 'Old Luke' (like an Old Ben) because of the new movie this year. Then possibly give a Younger Jedi Luke as a Raid Reward (like General Kenobi) - possibly from Star Wars Rebels. The reason i believe this is because General Kenobi is from Clone Wars i think so Luke will possibly be from Star Wars Rebels since Darth Maul just found out Old Ben is protecting 'the chosen one'.

Jedi Luke is wayyy after rebels is over with. The closer one to rebels would be the farmboy Luke Like we already have in game.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

Jedi Luke is wayyy after rebels is over with. The closer one to rebels would be the farmboy Luke Like we already have in game.

oh yea i think you're right
  • It's not an age thing at all. It's the opposite. I believe it's the younger crowd who defend the prequels and hate Rebels (at least on this board, other places...not so much). I think Rebels gives in to the nostalgia factor and the adventure of the original series while drawing from the exact same source material.

I agree we need Jedi luke, preferably RotJ, but I'll take a Bespin Luke or even Master Luke as well. I also agree with everyone who says they are holding him back for a special event to renew interest. Could be as soon as May, however. They will CERTAINLY release either R2 or Luke for the 40th anniversary sometime this year.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »
    I really want to see more prequel toons like Jango, Padme, and even B1 battle droid (in addition to luke and R2). But I don't see the draw for any of these Phoenix toons. I will leave mine at 15/30 lvl 1 until the end of the game, no matter how meta they become, because they're not interesting to anyone who doesn't watch the show (and even then, they're still probs not as interesting).

Also, why (and who) is Pao, who arguably has even less screen time than Bistan, being a featured toon for April, which is 4 months after R1 was released. Bruh...

The film is getting out on DVD this month, hence the R1 toon for the month of april...
  • At this point I think we will get the old Luke when the next Star Wars movie comes out.
  • In all honesty, I don't care at all. I make a big difference between my favorite SW characters (where's General Hux, for instance?) and the toons. The nostaligia factor lasted for as long as it took to realize rifle Luke was garbage. I have my in-game favorites and then the movies (I only watched the original trilogy, episode VII and R1). The two groups are very distinct to me. I have no interest in General Kenobi (haven't even finished season one of Clone Wars), but apparently he's a great toon. I want him. I didn't even realize until recently Palpatine used to be Darth Sidious. Doesn't matter to me in this game. I have fun as it is without another overpowered character like Master Luke, or - heaven forbid! - Master Zuke!
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »
    I really want to see more prequel toons like Jango, Padme, and even B1 battle droid (in addition to luke and R2). But I don't see the draw for any of these Phoenix toons. I will leave mine at 15/30 lvl 1 until the end of the game, no matter how meta they become, because they're not interesting to anyone who doesn't watch the show (and even then, they're still probs not as interesting).

Also, why (and who) is Pao, who arguably has even less screen time than Bistan, being a featured toon for April, which is 4 months after R1 was released. Bruh...

Pao had more screen time than Bistan. Plus Cassian even says his name once or twice in the shuttle.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Artoo should get synergies to Skyguy.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • I can't say that I'm happy he's not in the game yet because i would love to have a awesome Jedi squad with him but if he had been around since the beginning he would be a really bad toon by now. None of the characters that have been around since release are still good without a zeta (except droids). Now when they do eventually release him the power creep will mean he's going to be baller and meta material.