Sim tickets ...lack of

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Faff2D2 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    As someone said in the other Sim Ticket post from today -- nothing's going to happen until enough people hit 0 sim tickets -- and there's enough squeaky wheels to make a change happen.

Personally I work. So trying to Auto battles under the desk isn't happening. And when I'm not at work, I do stuff, and am not going to hang out with people while trying to auto battles from my shirt pocket.

Clearly, as is, it just means more of a PITA as their are additional coins I need to gather before using the Slot Machine Grinding for Gear. Of course, if the gear grind wasn't so excessive, no one would care about the Sim tickets.

you don't need to auto-battle to not run out of sim tickets, nor do you have to buy them, or buy insane amounts of regular energy refreshes.
    I've also come to the conclusion you're not having enough poops at work =D

Care to back up your statement with some math?

Edit: regarding the tickets, not the poops

I'm assuming you're looking for info so you can calculate it yourself.
    • 35 sims daily from daily activities
    • 10 needed for challenges (6 out of 7 days) 40 sims needed (1 out of 7 days)
    • 165 cantina energy daily
    • 375 regular energy daily
    • regular energy refresh: 120 + 20 sims
    • cantina energy refresh: 120 + 10 sims

Save water, drink champagne!
  • I've got so many sim tickets it's not even funny. Over 500 right now and constantly growing. Comes from farming high-cost toons in the cantina and high cost gear in the battles.
  • I've got so many sim tickets it's not even funny. Over 500 right now and constantly growing. Comes from farming high-cost toons in the cantina and high cost gear in the battles.
    Just wait you'll see.... I had approx 1500 and didn't think anything of it, next thing I know gone
  • I have seen at least two dozen people claim that sim ticket drop rates had to have been reduced. So far, exactly zero of them have offered any evidence that it was a drop rate change rather than a change in their ticket usage.
  • jedijeff wrote: »
    I've got so many sim tickets it's not even funny. Over 500 right now and constantly growing. Comes from farming high-cost toons in the cantina and high cost gear in the battles.
    Just wait you'll see.... I had approx 1500 and didn't think anything of it, next thing I know gone

Shrug. Maybe, but I doubt it. I get enough during the day from finishing my dailies to keep me going. When you're using so few farming expensive stuff, you just don't go through them. I constantly farm those **** stun cuffs at 10 a pop, and farm 16 point stuff in the cantina. I just don't use enough of them to counter what I'm earning so far.
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    edited March 2017

I'm going to put this in terms of per week because some days have more challenges than others.

Game awards 245 sims a week. There are 92 challenges so if we sim every challenge, we have 153 FREE sim tickets to play with.

If you don't let your energy sit stagnate and collect all the bonuses you earn 3780 energy per week.

3780/6=630 battles
    3780/8=472
    3780/10=378
    3780/12=315
    3780/16=236
    3780/20=189

Even if your energy was spent solely on 20e battles, you'll be relying heavily on your sim ticket drop rate to stay afloat.

Only other option would be to buy refreshes just to keep a supply of sim tickets. With QOL being the current focus, why so stingy with the tickets?
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    i haven't noticed lower drop rates or less sim tickets. but then again i don't do energy refreshes and i don't sim much of anything. i either play everything through or at most auto the battle.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    As someone said in the other Sim Ticket post from today -- nothing's going to happen until enough people hit 0 sim tickets -- and there's enough squeaky wheels to make a change happen.

Personally I work. So trying to Auto battles under the desk isn't happening. And when I'm not at work, I do stuff, and am not going to hang out with people while trying to auto battles from my shirt pocket.

Clearly, as is, it just means more of a PITA as their are additional coins I need to gather before using the Slot Machine Grinding for Gear. Of course, if the gear grind wasn't so excessive, no one would care about the Sim tickets.

you don't need to auto-battle to not run out of sim tickets, nor do you have to buy them, or buy insane amounts of regular energy refreshes.
    I've also come to the conclusion you're not having enough poops at work =D

Care to back up your statement with some math?

Edit: regarding the tickets, not the poops

Hahahahah
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @Faff2D2
    Obviously you don't buy refreshes just to keep a supply of sim tickets. I buy refreshes for guild contribution and farming shards, mods and gear, the sim tickets are just a bonus.
    2x50crystal refresh used on 10 energy nodes gets you 16 sims per day. 1x100 energy refresh on mods gets you 2.5 sims per day.
    that's 129 sims + those 155 free sims left after simming the challenges = 284 sims per week. Using your free energy on 16 energy nodes (on average) only costs 236. So that gets you 48 sims per week + the sims that drop in the 456 battles you sim that week.
    (2x12 sims on 10 energy regular nodes) + (1 x 7.5 sims on mods) = 31.5.
    (31.5 x 7 days)+ 236 sims using the free energy = 456 battles simmed
    So yea, i got 99 problems but sims ain't one.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    So yea, i got 99 problems but sims ain't one.

+1
  • Faff2D2 wrote: »

I'm going to put this in terms of per week because some days have more challenges than others.

Game awards 245 sims a week. There are 92 challenges so if we sim every challenge, we have 153 FREE sim tickets to play with.

If you don't let your energy sit stagnate and collect all the bonuses you earn 3780 energy per week.

3780/6=630 battles
    3780/8=472
    3780/10=378
    3780/12=315
    3780/16=236
    3780/20=189

Even if your energy was spent solely on 20e battles, you'll be relying heavily on your sim ticket drop rate to stay afloat.

Only other option would be to buy refreshes just to keep a supply of sim tickets. With QOL being the current focus, why so stingy with the tickets?

You're last statement is exactly what I mean. They give us a qol update with one hand, and take it away with another.
  • @leef

i don't understand why you think you need to buy refreshes for guild contributions.

i get my daily 600 in every single day and i never buy refreshes of any kind.
  • spotremix wrote: »
    @leef

i don't understand why you think you need to buy refreshes for guild contributions.

How do you manage that? We only get 540 free energy a day.
  • jedijeff wrote: »

3780/6=630 battles
    3780/8=472
    3780/10=378
    3780/12=315
    3780/16=236
    3780/20=189

You're last statement is exactly what I mean. They give us a qol update with one hand, and take it away with another.

What got taken away?
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »
    @leef

you don't start with zero energy in the morning. so let's say overnight while sleeping my energy refills. that's 144, plus we get the 540 free a day and there you go.
  • spotremix wrote: »
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    @leef

you don't start with zero energy in the morning. so let's say overnight while sleeping my energy refills. that's 144, plus we get the 540 free a day and there you go.

That 144 you wake up with is part of your daily 540...
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @CamaroAMF

well then i don't have an answer for you other than starting the day above that 144. maybe it depends on when your guild resets? one i'm in resets between 6-7 at night.

so i'm already working on the next 600 right now. and i'll have until 6-7 tomorrow to get it done.
  • They definitely lowered the drop rates on these. I use to always have over a thousand but it has been dwindling down rapidly lately. I've been spending energy how I always have, and now I'm completely out. It's annoying as hell and all it ensures is that I just spend less time on the game.
  • The 540 comes from this math:

Regular energy refreshes 1 every 6 minutes, 10 per hour. That's 240 a day.

Cantina energy refreshes at half that rate, so 120 per day.

3 times a day, you get bonus energy, 135 regular, 45 cantina.

In total, you get 540 per day, without spending crystals. In order to get 600, you'll have spend crystals to do at least one refresh.

I hope that makes sense.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    The 540 comes from this math:

Regular energy refreshes 1 every 6 minutes, 10 per hour. That's 240 a day.

Cantina energy refreshes at half that rate, so 120 per day.

3 times a day, you get bonus energy, 135 regular, 45 cantina.

In total, you get 540 per day, without spending crystals. In order to get 600, you'll have spend crystals to do at least one refresh.

I hope that makes sense.

makes sense but i don't spend crystals to refresh. i never have.

as i said my guild rewards reset at like 6-7pm at night. so already i have been working on tomorrow's contribution.

all i need to do is spend 60 tonight and the 540 tomorrow.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    240 regular energy
    120 cantina
    180 from 4 x 45
    540 total energy in 24 hours.

Yes you could have energy from the day before but this means you missed a 600/600 before and will miss it again. Or you bought energy at one point, 1 refresh would last you 3 days if you spend exactly 600 a day.

But it is mathematical impossible to get 600/600 every day without using a refresh.
  • i don't see it being true but no point in arguing about it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    i don't see it being true but no point in arguing about it.

540 energy in a 24 hour period. Guild activity 24 hour period. Not an argument, just math.
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    jedijeff wrote: »

3780/6=630 battles
    3780/8=472
    3780/10=378
    3780/12=315
    3780/16=236
    3780/20=189

What got taken away?

I don't know if anything got taken away but this system was in place before bonus energy was a thing and the overall way the game is played has changed since it was implemented.

You never had a choice but to grind nodes for gear if you wanted to progress. Now you can buy it from shops and get it from raids so I would argue that spending more than 50 crystals on refreshes is not the meta anymore. Of course unless the XP is needed for leveling.

On top of all this they recently added challenges.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member

Sounds like you have alternative facts
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    They definitely lowered the drop rates on these. I use to always have over a thousand but it has been dwindling down rapidly lately. I've been spending energy how I always have, and now I'm completely out. It's annoying as hell and all it ensures is that I just spend less time on the game.

Just a reminder that regular challenges are only recently "simmable" and since ship challenges have been added, you now likely sim 14 more of those a week too.

Since drop rates in every other aspect of the game have remain unchanged for 16+ months, I highly doubt they changed them.

Most players are simply simming more than they used to. I realize conspiracy theories about nerfed drop rates are much more fun than actual facts though. Sorry.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    jedijeff wrote: »

3780/6=630 battles
    3780/8=472
    3780/10=378
    3780/12=315
    3780/16=236
    3780/20=189

What got taken away?

I don't know if anything got taken away but this system was in place before bonus energy was a thing and the overall way the game is played has changed since it was implemented.

You never had a choice but to grind nodes for gear if you wanted to progress. Now you can buy it from shops and get it from raids so I would argue that spending more than 50 crystals on refreshes is not the meta anymore. Of course unless the XP is needed for leveling.

On top of all this they recently added challenges.

They did add extra challenges with ships so that definitely could impact people that were breaking even before. I thought the normal energy bonuses were always there but I think the bonus Cantina energy got added somewhere along the way. That's a few extra sims a day too so I can see how people could be running into issues where they didn't before.
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    It is definitely dependent on what nodes you do. A lot of the sim ticket crunch is due to people going after more gear than shards lately with the need for better gear for HAAT. I did the math: http://realityskewedgamers.blogspot.com/2017/03/f2p-sim-ticket-crunch-swgoh.html

Interested in everyone's thoughts (and yes, the math for this has to require assumptions on the spending of people in the game)
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef

i don't know what to tell you, it's just impossible to contribute 600 tickets daily without spending crystals on refreshes. I don't buy crystals for those refreshes if there is any confusion about that, i purchase energy+sims with ingame earned crystals.
  • Kyno wrote: »

540 energy in a 24 hour period. Guild activity 24 hour period. Not an argument, just math.

i wasn't trying to imply you were arguing. i'm just saying i get my daily 600 and never refresh energy no lie.

math or not i make it happen.