Bistan under Zader?

Hey y'all! A question and some stats for you.

In a Zader squad for raids only, how would Bistan work? He lands one DoT at a 70% chance on his basic, and essentially lands up to 7 DoTs in 3 turns. He would be replacing Sidious, who lands up to 3 DoTs every 4 turns. He also offers much more serious TM removal—around 85% TM removal every few turns with a potency cross.

What do you guys think? Good replacement, or mediocre knock-off?

Replies

• I am wondering this also.

I have the option to use my next Zeta on Sidious, or to give Bistan 150 cuffs, 50 mk4 Chedaks, and 50 mk5 stun guns to gear him up.

Has anyone tried both, and know who works better in HAAT P2?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    IdraRage wrote: »
    I am wondering this also.

I have the option to use my next Zeta on Sidious, or to give Bistan 150 cuffs, 50 mk4 Chedaks, and 50 mk5 stun guns to gear him up.

Has anyone tried both, and know who works better in HAAT P2?

Sidious definitely works better in HAAT P2 because of his AOE w/ expose to all the turrets. Bistan's TMR won't work on the tank.

In terms of a Rancor team I think i've heard Bistan works extremely well under Zader, but I personally think that you might want to replace someone else other than Sidious. He's got some good synergy there, plus he's very fast which is great for a Zader rancor team.
  • Thanks for the advice, Vertigo.
  • Came to the same conclusion. Sidious is necessary for hAAT p2/4, Bistan would be a better sub for a slow Empire type in Rancor. Thanks y'all! Will still be building him for p1 hAAT but now I know!
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Came to the same conclusion. Sidious is necessary for hAAT p2/4, Bistan would be a better sub for a slow Empire type in Rancor. Thanks y'all! Will still be building him for p1 hAAT but now I know!

Plus its not like you have anyone else to farm from cantina shipments. How's his gear though, is he a hard one or nah? I haven't really bothered getting him past g7 yet.
  • You'll have to figure out the gear for yourself, as I'm also sitting at G7. That said, it shouldn't matter; he has 35% base potency, plus 24% potency from cross, plus 20% for him being present and the Rancor being debuffed = 79% potency and TM removal for each second special, plus he lands more DoTs to get you to the end of the round quicker. Now that Jyn is farmable (that's 89% TM, add Wiggs for 109% potency and 100% TM removal) you can basically throw those two into battle with Wiggs and maybe Rex or something and you can auto the whole thing—even if/when Zader gets fixed.
  • Bistan is harder than average to gear- like I said he requires 150 cuffs plus a bunch of other 50 piece purples just to get him to G10. Sidious is relatively easy to gear, but unfortunately his Zeta is really necessary to make him good.
  • If using him in Rancor with the right comp I don't think you'll need to gear him past 8. The proper team will mean that nobody is ever going to take a hit through the entire raid, and if you use a more fast-damage-oriented team, he'll serve his purpose even without good gear level. Cheers!