Analysis of My Team Please

I am wondering if you guys can judge my team and suggest improvements to it. I am not looking for a complete overhaul since I have a pretty decent team.

Leader: Captain Phasma, 7*, Gear Level VIII, lvl 77
Luminara, 7*, Gear Level VIII, lvl 78
Qui-Gon Jinn, 7*, Gear Level VIII, lvl 78
Kit Fisto, 7*, Gear level VIII, lvl 78
Darth Sidious, 7*, Gear Level VIII, lvl 70

I use Phasma for the assist leader ability. Luminara because off her massive damage and good healing, Qui-Gon Jinn because of his ally assist ability and good damage. Kit Fisto because he can attack twice in a turn, on counter attacks, and with assisting allies. Last Darth Sidious because of the debuffs.

In terms of what I think, I am thinking of replacing Sidious because the fact he doesn't do nearly as much damage as the other characters but I don't know who is similar enough with healing debuffs and stuff that can replace him in damage.

What do you guys think?
I have a crap ton of characters unlocked so I should be able to replace characters fairly easy. I only need to unlock 26 characters to have all unlocked.

Replies

• Inyan_Soi_Leau
    430 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Just my personal opinion, but Kylo is almost a must with Phasma, especially as lead. Both have a higher chance of calling an assist. It's always been my experience with a Phasma lead that non-FO toons don't call assists near as much, especially in Arena. I may get 2 assists in a hard node battle using an ally Phasma. The ability just doesn't translate into measurable effects to me, but your experience may be different.

Either way, I would add Kylo. He may not have an assisting attack, but he has a better chance of calling one than your non-FO toons, has high damage potential, and has great health and protection when geared.

Also, Lumi in Arena is almost useless at higher levels. You only get the heal once at most, she isn't very fast, and the HoT often gets dispelled. If you want an effective healer, use Chirrut. He's a real pain in the ****, plus he cleanses on his special.

As far as Sidious, yes, in this team, replace him. The healing immunity helps against wedge leads, but the Barrisses and Chirruts can get rid of it or heal through it. I face Sith teams with Sidious all the time, and that heal immunity is an afterthought. I don't use a healer, so it doesn't matter, and against a Chaze team, it will get cleansed in no time.

Replace him with somone that can mass ability block, like Boba. That is far more beneficial, especially against those rebel teams. Or even a Maul with Daze.

Your biggest enemy with this team is going to be a Maul, because you are relying on assists. Daze will neutralize your entire strategy. Again, this is where Chirrut would come in handy with his tenacity up. Or even Rex.

If you add Chirrut, might as well add Baze as well. That's a good combo.

It's not a bad team, but with the meta being what it is, I'm not sure how effective it will be.
  • I do almost have a 7* Maul so I probably will put him in. I created this team before Daze was introduced so updating the team is needed.

In terms of replacing Chirrut with Luminara I will need to unlock him. I also need to unlock Baze.

I will probably replace Sidious with Maul for now and focus on trying to unlock Chirrut and Baze. I am not sure who to replace Kylo Ren with but I will probably do Fisto unless you have a better suggestion on who I should boot out. I will give your suggestions a try.

Thanks for the advice Inyan_Soi_Leau!
  • I'd say ditch Lumi for Kylo. Kit's ability to attack again and provide potency up is better than Lumi's abilities. Healing is almost useless in Arena unless it's something like Chirrut or your Lumi's health is astronomical. Plus, Kit's potency up would help you potentially land more stuns and healing immunity with Kylo, and more Dazes with Maul.

Personally, I would want Kit moving first so I could grant potency up to everyone, then maybe even Phasma next if you can manage it. With Potency up and Advantage, you can gain some serious ground on your opponent. If not Phasma second, then Maul, especially against Rebels. The faster Maul can land daze against Wiggs, the better off you are that Biggs won't gain TM from any crits, and no one can assist him on his Special.

So if you switch in Kylo and Maul, you end up with Phasma (L), Kylo, QGJ, Kit, and Maul. That gives you Advantage, dispell, stun, healing immunity, Potency Up, a couple of counter attackers, one that calls an assist, and daze. It also has good damage potential. If you can tweak it right and get your order down pat, it could be pretty good. It's definitely something I would consider running. It's a quirky strategy that will take some work, but could really work well.
  • Fisto is not really good. If you like the bonus attacks and counters then go with Aayla, she's much better at everything and her stun is very handy.

Lumi isn't that good either. Her ability block is more useful than her heal and you can get a better ability block and damage with boba fett. I'd go with him.

Lastly, I'd replace sideous with kylo. Tanky, has better damage, and synergizes well with the phasma lead.
  • Fisto is not really good. If you like the bonus attacks and counters then go with Aayla.

Lumi isn't that good either. Her ability block is more useful than her heal and you can get a better ability block and damage with boba fett. I'd go with him.

I'd second that Aayla motion if it's just about the bonus attacks. Her stun is a pain in the ****, but I think Kit's Tenacity Up (think I said Pot Up earlier. Sorry) is still useful.

As for Lumi's Ability Block...I hate that crap. Has to be one of the worst Ability Blocks in the game. I **** near NEVER land it.
  • I will give these suggestions a try.

What would you guys say is a good Cantina Battles team? or is Squad Arena and Cantina Battles pretty much the same strategy. As much as I am looking to get stronger in arena, I am looking to go farther in the Cantina battles. I use the same team for each. I am on 5C right now. I will admit I have been grinding too much for Scarif Rebel Pathfinder shards in preparation for the next Emperor's Demise event. So I am not sure whether or not continuing on is going to be easy. I am going to continue on once I get Scarif to 7* (31 shards away) then go for Wedge shards. I am not sure if I will make it that far though with my current team.

Thanks TuftedPaper85 and Thanks again Inyan_Soi_Leau for the advice.
  • Inyan_Soi_Leau
    430 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I use my arena team most of the time, but I have a semi-decent Sith team that I will employ. I love the Sith, and mine are strong enough that they can beat a lot of the cantina battles.

As for advancing...whenever you have the cantina energy daily challenge for your guild, that is a good time to work on advancing through the nodes (this was one of my guild officer's suggestions). I do that for cantina, light side, and dark side battles. Since you have to spend energy on that anyway for guild rewards, that's a good time to work on it. Even if it's just 3 or 4 nodes each time. Then you can still farm for your shards.

I'm working on getting Kylo to 7* right now, so I'm basically doing the same thing.
  • FireHitPanic
    9 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Just did an arena battle with only replacing Sidious with Kylo Ren and It really was an improvement to my team. Felt I was doing much more damage. I still need more shards and to unlock some characters and promote to 7*. I wanted to improve the team the synergy with Phasma and Ren which seems like a must right now. Not to mention most characters suggested I do not have unlocked. Only exception being Boba and he is Lvl 55 and 5* which I have a feeling he is not going to help my team in his current state. I know it was suggested Lumi be taken out, I will eventually pull her for one of the others suggested, just in it's current state Sidious had to go since I felt he wasn't providing much help, other than the healing immunity, which Ren can also do but better.
  • Important thing is to decide what you want to do...have fun, or be #1. I'm all about fun and being somewhat competitive. I have no fancy idea that I will be #1, but it would be nice one day. And I'm not about to chase the meta for the sake of running a meta team. I like Sith, so I will probably run a sith team one day. But for now, I like my team. Had some people tell me it wouldn't work, but it's my best team so far. With a bit more speed, I could probably make a run at the Top 10.

Don't worry about working on a toon you don't have if you don't want it.
  • Lumi isn't bad, but heals like hers are weak on defense. They do work better vs the computer, as they don't force fire as much and spread the damage around. Lumi is still useful though, just not in arena. I use her as a lead to grind through GW and replace her on the harder nodes. Lumi's lead would have been better for you than Phasma's, until you added Kylo.
    My advice would be to level and gear up Boba. Lot's of teams run Boba, and he is a great counter to other boba's as he can execute them and prevent them from reviving.
    Phasma, Kylo, Boba, QGJ could be a solid core for now. Aayla would be handy in that group if you have her. With all the assists, and her being able to stun on her basic, it would really help to shut down opposing teams.
  • FireHitPanic
    9 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I need to unlock Aayla still. Thankfully I can get shards fast since I got the cantina battle finished and farmable. I've been wanting to unlock her I just keep getting side tracked by other goals like Finishing the Emperor's Demise event and needing a better dark side team. Which a lack of a good dark side team was because of getting Yoda 7*. These long events really get in the way but I want to get them 7* since they are hardly around to be able to be unlocked. Not working on Boba has also been a result of all these event preparations.

I find unlocking the characters fun so even if I do not have them I still want to unlock them. I am not so much wanting to become #1. In fact I haven't done an Arena battle for a while. I honestly wanted an analysis to hear how I could improve. I've learned as someone studying to be a graphic artist, criticism is always a good way to improve. I created my team based around how they seemed to perform in battle. Never really looked too much into abilities which may be why it's good team but not an excellent team. To be fair though this team might have been considered better than what it is at one point. What happened is the game changed. And because the game changed the team had some counters added. I mean I know this game had characters changed, nerfed, and/or buffed. I'm pretty sure boba either had different abilities at launch or they just changed how he uses his abilities (been around since day 1).

Do you guys know if the Emperor would have any place on my team? I know he very annoying with stunning battling against him. It seems like they took Doku's stun and made it the Emperors main attack but stronger. Could be wrong though. I do know the leader of the guild I'm in has the Emperor on his team.
  • Palp will fit in in almost every team. His stun is amazing and shock is basically healing immunity's big brother. Also he gives special damage buffs so that and advantage will wreak havoc for u
  • If you have Palp, then yes add him to your team. He has a team stun as his special, and does a crap ton of damage.
  • Drazz127, If I were to replace someone on my team with Palp who should it be? The slot with Fisto/Secura? Right now my team is the same as I last reported. Phasma, Luminara, Qui-Gon, Fisto, and Kylo. I have Palp at 5* right now but I am almost finished building up my rebels team for the next time the event comes back so I can get 7* Palp.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    I'd say Phasma, Kylo, Palp, QGJ, Aayla.
  • I am wondering if you guys can judge my team and suggest improvements to it. I am not looking for a complete overhaul since I have a pretty decent team.

Leader: Captain Phasma, 7*, Gear Level VIII, lvl 77
    Luminara, 7*, Gear Level VIII, lvl 78
    Qui-Gon Jinn, 7*, Gear Level VIII, lvl 78
    Kit Fisto, 7*, Gear level VIII, lvl 78
    Darth Sidious, 7*, Gear Level VIII, lvl 70

I use Phasma for the assist leader ability. Luminara because off her massive damage and good healing, Qui-Gon Jinn because of his ally assist ability and good damage. Kit Fisto because he can attack twice in a turn, on counter attacks, and with assisting allies. Last Darth Sidious because of the debuffs.

In terms of what I think, I am thinking of replacing Sidious because the fact he doesn't do nearly as much damage as the other characters but I don't know who is similar enough with healing debuffs and stuff that can replace him in damage.

What do you guys think?
    I have a **** ton of characters unlocked so I should be able to replace characters fairly easy. I only need to unlock 26 characters to have all unlocked.

Personally. I would suggest trading Sidious for Rey. She hits like a truck; with the proper mods, she could be one of the strongest in damage output. Just make sure you use mods that up her defense and overall resilience as she'll get hurt easy if you're not careful.