Speed / Turn Order in the Arena?

Does something other than speed affect/determine turn order in the arena? I've had several experiences lately where toons seemed to go out of order. It's most obvious at the beginning of a match, where no one has fired/taken damage yet, so there should be no variables at play.

I'll give an example. I have a wiggs team (wedge L) with a 186 speed yoda and a 156 speed Biggs. Biggs gets a speed boost of 45 from wedge as long as no allies are damaged (which makes 201).

I played 2 consecutive matches today against the same opponent. Once, my Biggs took the first action of the match. Once it was my yoda.

I can't explain that.

Replies

• You're sure you're not hacking? :-P

Honestly, that sounds like it could be RNG or some other factor CG hasn't made us aware of yet. Since you made no mention of anything with the opposing team, that doesn't seem to be an issue so it's got to be something between your Biggs and your Yoda.

But you already know that. Maybe someone else has better insight into this issue or has had a similar experience.
  • Did the enemy have sth?
  • Vaapad
    49 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Yes, enemy was wiggs (Wedge L) lando SThan boba. But this was very beginning of the encounter, so his SThan hadn't begun a turn or taken damage ...
  • Caedas
    215 posts Member
    I don't know about regular arena, but I never go first in fleet arena. It's annoying.
  • Vaapad
    49 posts Member
    Any other insights here?

I'd hate to think that, with all the time/energy I spend farming mods to set my speed just right for my arena team, something screwy in the arena throws a randomness factor into the mix.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    usually there is a different explanation than speed being broken.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vaapad
    49 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    usually there is a different explanation than speed being broken.

I agree -- if only I (or anyone else) could find it.

• crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Lots of factors can manipulate tm. We have only your word that no one else went first. You don't mention your other two.

If you have a video, that could go a long way towards an explanation.
  • Can you list your entire squad plus speeds?

Honestly, those are really slow speeds for Yoda and for Biggs regardless of who is going first, lol.
  • For a full understanding of Speed, Turn Meter Gain & Turn Order Manipulation check out the link.
  • Vaapad
    49 posts Member
    Ha, I never claimed my toons were great, or that im not a noob :). Thanks for the patience.

Wedge (L): 116 Base/Mods, +9 for each undamaged ally. 116+45 = 161.

Biggs: 156 Base/Mods, +9 for each undamaged ally. 156+45 = 201.

Lando: 129 Base/Mods = 129.

STHan: 133 Base/Mods

Yoda: 186 Base/Mods

Opponent was Wedge (L), Biggs, STHan, Lando, Boba.

• From what I understand speed add turn meter, if 2 characters get 1000 points turn meter at same time, the game chooses one randomly. Example: in turn 10 Biggs gets to 1029 points and Yoda to 1001, as you can see Biggs is faster, but it does not matter because they both broke the 1000 points line, in this case game chooses randomly and for next round they start at 29 and 1.
  • Vaapad
    49 posts Member
    Thanks Iceih, I get that. But that shouldn't matter Round 1 first action, should it?
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    From what I understand speed add turn meter, if 2 characters get 1000 points turn meter at same time, the game chooses one randomly. Example: in turn 10 Biggs gets to 1029 points and Yoda to 1001, as you can see Biggs is faster, but it does not matter because they both broke the 1000 points line, in this case game chooses randomly and for next round they start at 29 and 1.

Speed doesn't work like that anymore.
    With no tm manipulation the faster charater will go first. If 2 characters have same speed it will be rng.

Two characters one with speed x and one with speed x+1. With no tm manipulation involved the one with speed x+1 will always go before the one with speed x.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I've been experiencing issues where enemy teams had 1 to 2 less speed and went before the toons that should've gone before them.

No, this has nothing to do with duo bonuses, STH etc.

This just happens sometimes. I have no idea why.

Edit: This isn't related to SA Shroud boost btw.
  • Vaapad wrote: »
    Thanks Iceih, I get that. But that shouldn't matter Round 1 first action, should it?
    Vaapad wrote: »

Yes, it affects first action, but read Scuba post, he says the method I described has changed.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    I've noticed this too. I had an opponents vader at 171 under Zaul lead go before my DN at 214, Vader at 202 and my Zaul lead at 190. That doesn't even make sense.
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    I've noticed this too. I had an opponents vader at 171 under Zaul lead go before my DN at 214, Vader at 202 and my Zaul lead at 190. That doesn't even make sense.

is there a sith assasian in the mix?
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    mlb1399 wrote: »

Maybe you tried to hit their Vader with something and he dodged.

Edit: I've only once seen a speed related inquiry that was a bug and not just a misunderstanding on the part of the posters and that was in regards to the Baze TM gain from foresight.
  • Vaapad
    49 posts Member
    Let me be clear -- is ASSUMING I'm misunderstanding something. I just really would like to figure out what so I don't get surprised in the arena.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Did your opponents Wiggs go before yours? You're sure that the very first action of the match was Wiggs/Yoda? You didn't move mods at all?
  • Long story short, math error on my part, Biggs and yoda were exactly tied so coin flip as to the two of them.

I'm still searching for a better understanding in general. Is this article still 100% correct? Bc @scuba seemed to indicate that something had changed with the speeed/turn meter interaction.

http://gaming-fans.com/2017/03/swgoh-look-speed-turn-meter-gain-turn-order-manipulation/
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Long story short, math error on my part, Biggs and yoda were exactly tied so coin flip as to the two of them.

I'm still searching for a better understanding in general. Is this article still 100% correct? Bc @scuba seemed to indicate that something had changed with the speeed/turn meter interaction.

http://gaming-fans.com/2017/03/swgoh-look-speed-turn-meter-gain-turn-order-manipulation/

More or less but it doesn't work in terms of "ticks" to 1000, it's much more discrete than that.
  • Can you elaborate on that @Zooey?

In particular, the article seems to say that if I have for instance toons at 150 and 151, it will be a **** flip as to who goes first bc both will hit 1000 in their 7th turn. Is that still true?
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Can you elaborate on that @Zooey?

In particular, the article seems to say that if I have for instance toons at 150 and 151, it will be a **** flip as to who goes first bc both will hit 1000 in their 7th turn. Is that still true?

Nope. The 151 will always go first as long as there's not further turn manipulation. That's the difference now afaik and in a practical sense, it's not really important except maybe in raids.
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Long story short, math error on my part, Biggs and yoda were exactly tied so coin flip as to the two of them.

I'm still searching for a better understanding in general. Is this article still 100% correct? Bc scuba seemed to indicate that something had changed with the speeed/turn meter interaction.

Here is an updated speed guide.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58474/a-cavemans-guide-to-speed-mechanics

If you want to use the old "tick" system the difference now is there are partial rounds or change the 1000 for TM to 100,000 as @CptCaveman explains in the post.
    Another way to look at is with no tm manipulation the fastest character will reach 100% tm first so to determine how much tm others have divide their speed by fastest character.
    You 150 and 151 example
    150/151 = 99.33
    So when charaters with 151 speed hits 100% tm the one with 150 speed will be at 99.33% tm.
  • Vaapad
    49 posts Member
    Thanks, that's very helpful.