Don't think have most of us have enough time..

Feng
161 posts Member
I Guess some of us won't have enough time to get at least 5 Jedi of 5 stars and above! :D

I personally have 7* JC , Lumi , 4* Barriss and 3* Eeth only haha.

Started farming Mace And Eeth after Patch notes!

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Feng wrote: »
    I Guess some of us won't have enough time to get at least 5 Jedi of 5 stars and above! :D

I personally have 7* JC , Lumi , 4* Barriss and 3* Eeth only haha.

Started farming Mace And Eeth after Patch notes!

You are quite well off for this...
    I have so far 6* Lumi, 4* JC and a lousy 2* Ashoka. I guess it is time to pray to RNG gods and farm Mace's cantina node like crazy...
  • I have

7* Luminara
    5* Jedi Consular
    4* Ahsoka Tano
    4* Anakin Skywalker
    4* Mace Windu

I think in a week I can probably get Ahsoka Tano to 5* thru cantina shipments and Hard battles mainly because I already have 29 of 65 shards. The others I see no possible way to get 65 shards for Anakin & Mace without spending a bunch of money.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I have

7* Luminara
    5* Jedi Consular
    4* Ahsoka Tano
    4* Anakin Skywalker
    4* Mace Windu

I think in a week I can probably get Ahsoka Tano to 5* thru cantina shipments and Hard battles mainly because I already have 29 of 65 shards. The others I see no possible way to get 65 shards for Anakin & Mace without spending a bunch of money.

You can farm Mace on his cantina node while farming currency for Ashoka, with (assumed) 1/3 drop rate and 1 refresh (I get around 100 free crystals daily), you should average at about 8 shards/day. But that still doesn't solve Anakin...
  • Time to get some Jedi. I've got them covered.
    I've got a good bench. All are ready.

Get moving. Time to catch up

• Nauros wrote: »
    I have

7* Luminara
    5* Jedi Consular
    4* Ahsoka Tano
    4* Anakin Skywalker
    4* Mace Windu

You can farm Mace on his cantina node while farming currency for Ashoka, with (assumed) 1/3 drop rate and 1 refresh (I get around 100 free crystals daily), you should average at about 8 shards/day. But that still doesn't solve Anakin...

Yeah I just don't think a week is enough time. I guess it will take me 2 events to unlock the character.
  • You don't need to be able to run the whole thing on the first try. I don't believe that's the point. :*
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • wonder if ppl will stop leveling their main PVP team for this event? This really benfits the players with full 7* rosters. Looks like the most ppl have are 3* and 4* characters.
  • Robbathehutt
    1048 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    You don't need to be able to run the whole thing on the first try. I don't believe that's the point. :*

No but the people that already five 5* Jedi or the people willing to spend a bunch of money will have a possibly very powerful 5* character for awhile that no one else has or can even farm until the next event. I doubt the event will be weekly, probably monthly at best. So at least unlocking the character during the 1st event will likely go a long ways in staying competitive.
  • what a smart move by CG! they now have bumped people off of farming poe, and onto qgj specifically for jedi missions. People are going to be spending more to get jedi unlocked, and at the same time neglecting their A and B team builds for the sake of yoda. BRILLIANT! i honestly dont care. yoda cant be good enough that i need to star jedi guardian Ahsoka and Eeth to 7* just to have him
  • what a smart move by CG! they now have bumped people off of farming poe, and onto qgj specifically for jedi missions. People are going to be spending more to get jedi unlocked, and at the same time neglecting their A and B team builds for the sake of yoda. BRILLIANT! i honestly dont care. yoda cant be good enough that i need to star jedi guardian Ahsoka and Eeth to 7* just to have him

Watch Yoda be a direct Anti-Poe counter lol.
  • watch yoda be a total let down. people are expecting him to be the next big thing, and he cant unless he is stuck at 4* like vader. everyone wants him, and that fact alone means he cant be great. Even after he is unlocked and people send lumi yoda anakin mace and qui gon to arena you will still run into the sidious dodge effect, compounded by his heal on any death he will be extremely hard to take down with jedi.
  • watch yoda be a total let down. people are expecting him to be the next big thing, and he cant unless he is stuck at 4* like vader. everyone wants him, and that fact alone means he cant be great. Even after he is unlocked and people send lumi yoda anakin mace and qui gon to arena you will still run into the sidious dodge effect, compounded by his heal on any death he will be extremely hard to take down with jedi.

Well he will be 5* upon unlock not 4. Also it's likely in my opinion he will be a healer since he is supposed to be a Jedi Consular. So for him to be a viable healer he would have to be better than Luminara and likely Bariss as well. Maybe he will just be a straight up healer who ignores healing debuffs or has the ability to remove them.
  • Lumi ar 6* jc 4* asoka 2*

Doubt I can roll 2 more jedi off broznium

Just started farming cantina for kylo after I got gs to 6*

Switching to mace

He looks promising

Those who swiped alot or bought Jedi pack can probably get to 5 x 5* fast

7* would take a month or two

Well he will be 5* upon unlock not 4. Also it's likely in my opinion he will be a healer since he is supposed to be a Jedi Consular. So for him to be a viable healer he would have to be better than Luminara and likely Bariss as well. Maybe he will just be a straight up healer who ignores healing debuffs or has the ability to remove them.

i dont see yoda haveing a heal at all. maybe health steal on basic like talia. you already have JC barris and lumi to heal. barris already ignores health debuffs, so he wont do that. i am guessing he will be a high DPS low health attacker like QGJ.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    You don't need to be able to run the whole thing on the first try. I don't believe that's the point. :*

No but the people that already five 5* Jedi or the people willing to spend a bunch of money will have a possibly very powerful 5* character for awhile that no one else has or can even farm until the next event. I doubt the event will be weekly, probably monthly at best. So at least unlocking the character during the 1st event will likely go a long ways in staying competitive.

We don't even know yet if you CAN unlock anything in the first event. It sounded like they intend to release the event in steps - to give people some time to level/* up. That's the point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

i dont see yoda haveing a heal at all. maybe health steal on basic like talia. you already have JC barris and lumi to heal. barris already ignores health debuffs, so he wont do that. i am guessing he will be a high DPS low health attacker like QGJ.

Maybe he will be able to absorb or reflect attacks like he did in the prequels.
  • I just want him, lol! I hope he'll play cool with most teams.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    I calculated that I'll take about...

2 Weeks to get Eeth to 5*, sitting at 3* now
    2-3 Weeks to get Mace to 5* , sitting at 14/80 now
    4 Weeks to get QGJ to 5* , sitting at 11/25 now

Life is tough :(
  • I only want yoda because of the fanboy in me nothing more, Jedi are atrocious in the arena & cant touch sidious.
  • Jesse said in the notes that having a team of 5* Jedis will allow you enough shards to unlock the mystery character at 5*! And for anyone lucky enough to have a 7* team you can get the mystery character to 7* within the one-week event. That's pretty darn sweet! Also as others have mentioned he said the event would be recurring every few weeks. So even if you only have 3* Jedis you can chip away and get the mystery character, it will just take longer. I really love this concept.

On a side note; funny how everyone assumes the mystery character will be Yoda. It may be Jedi Knight Luke, whose character is already in the game as a boss.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Jesse said in the notes that having a team of 5* Jedis will allow you enough shards to unlock the mystery character at 5*! And for anyone lucky enough to have a 7* team you can get the mystery character to 7* within the one-week event. That's pretty darn sweet! Also as others have mentioned he said the event would be recurring every few weeks. So even if you only have 3* Jedis you can chip away and get the mystery character, it will just take longer. I really love this concept.

On a side note; funny how everyone assumes the mystery character will be Yoda. It may be Jedi Knight Luke, whose character is already in the game as a boss.

The question is whether the rounds of the event will be replayable. If not, well, no chipping away and no "Yoda" for anyone without five 5* jedis...
  • On a side note; funny how everyone assumes the mystery character will be Yoda. It may be Jedi Knight Luke, whose character is already in the game as a boss.
    True. Very true. But it will be Yoda. :wink:

☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • As others said, it's going to be around for a while. You don't need 5 7* on day 1, or even 5 5*. If you can't get 5 5* by the start, then just keep working on your existing team. It's not worth it (IMO) to stop progress on the team you will use every day just to get a bunch of other characters you won't use to get 1 that you MIGHT use at 4*. You will blow a lot of good resources and hinder your progress even more by doing that. Just slowly pick up more until you get your Jedi team. Let everyone else tell you if the new character is worth it or bugged. He won't be worth it anyhow if you don't have a team built for his synergy. You stick a 4* (Yoda or whatever the new char is) in the middle of your team, and you will probably be worse off. Just my thoughts.
  • I don't plan on taking part in this ****. Yoda or not. This is just a moneymaker from CG. Have fun farming all those useless Jedi's for one event.
  • DarthSamJackson
    323 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Nauros wrote: »
    Jesse said in the notes that having a team of 5* Jedis will allow you enough shards to unlock the mystery character at 5*! And for anyone lucky enough to have a 7* team you can get the mystery character to 7* within the one-week event. That's pretty darn sweet! Also as others have mentioned he said the event would be recurring every few weeks. So even if you only have 3* Jedis you can chip away and get the mystery character, it will just take longer. I really love this concept.

The question is whether the rounds of the event will be replayable. If not, well, no chipping away and no "Yoda" for anyone without five 5* jedis...

Jesse said in the notes that the event will start at level 1 which requires only 1* Jedis and progress to level 2 (2* Jedis), and that each level will reward shards. So unless I'm misunderstanding, it means that the minimum requirement to get some amount of shards is five 1* Jedis.

But to your point if when the event repeats we cannot do the earlier levels again then we will need all 5*, you're right. I think it's much more likely that the event will reset each time it is repeated. I hope so anyway.