More Sim Tickets

Prev134
I was able to increase the amount of sim tickets daily before the update this month and now they are falling rapidly. I used the same amount every day but now I have gone from over 1k saved to under 500 now in the last few weeks. At this rate its going to force me to buy sim tickets every day with crystal that I spend on gear, shards, and energy refreshes.

Please grant more sim tickets on drops and rewards for daily tasks so it equals out to what active players use within their daily SWGOH grind. Thank you.

Replies

• Athusk
    348 posts Member
    You may want to look at what nodes you are farming, you should be able to get a surplus in sim tickets if you are farming the correct nodes.

(If you're farming 6 energy nodes, it's no wonder you are going down)

But I would not be opposed to getting more sim tickets from dailies and such though. I would also prefer to have the amount of sim tickets to go up from cantina refreshes, 10 is simply too little.
  • This is an ongoing issue. Surprised you didn't get 30 posts about "I have 25,000 sim tickets, you're playing wrong"

But, maybe, week in and week out they've gotten tired of posting.

You did get the "Why are you farming 8 energy for gear you need" you know, because despite being level 85 and having 12 gear 11 toons, if I want a new toon to be geared up.... you still need to farm those nodes.

OP - there have been many many posts on this. You have a huge number of people who have sim tickets in excess. then you have a bunch of us schmucks who need to buy them in the store. I doubt anything is going to change. The gear grind is painful.....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • +1
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is a resource management game, they are a fairly premium resource.

Maybe your not "playing wrong" as the above states some would say, you are doing something wrong.

Many people have been able to manage them and gear toons at the pace they want. There are many factors and what nodes you farm is one of them, how many refreshes is the other.

Needing to farm a certain node isn't the issue when managed correctly. There is also the option of auto, and at 4x you don't even notice the wait.

Good luck.
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    The QOL updates are wonderful but I'd trade them all for just being able to sim my daily challenges again. It's too monotonous, time consuming and unnecessary.

The sim ticket problem will affect everyone sooner or later. Until then, these threads will just twist in the wind because for every person griping about it, there's another claiming there is no problem.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    OP - I was in your position until I stopped simming challenges and nodes. I let the tickets build up and the 4x battles helps. When I get enough that I want, I go back to simming. Manage what you use it on and you'll be fine.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    With families and other things going on in ones life - its a challenge to get through the daily challenges, especially on a Sunday, despite the QOL update if there are no sim tickets.

You already worked hard enough to ensure you got 3 stars on any particular node so you could sim it - so why charge for sims???

Can't getting the necessary 3 stars be enough?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    nothing is forcing you to spend crystals on sim tickets, just use the auto button
  • Faff2D2 wrote: »
    The QOL updates are wonderful but I'd trade them all for just being able to sim my daily challenges again. It's too monotonous, time consuming and unnecessary.

The sim ticket problem will affect everyone sooner or later. Until then, these threads will just twist in the wind because for every person griping about it, there's another claiming there is no problem.

It's exactly right, I added it to the other Sim ticket post that is currently up.

I would think people who have tens of thousands wouldn't really care if they got rid of them either... but, as is evident, I'm wrong.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    nothing is forcing you to spend crystals on sim tickets, just use the auto button

When you have 120 energy and limited time you need to understand that it is a pain in the butt!!! I am noticing the same thing since the update. I had 2500 sim tickets or so and am now down to 150!!! The drop rate has definitely changed and should be addressed. 30 crystals for 20 tickets is quite a rip off.
  • I was able to increase the amount of sim tickets daily before the update this month and now they are falling rapidly. I used the same amount every day but now I have gone from over 1k saved to under 500 now in the last few weeks. At this rate its going to force me to buy sim tickets every day with crystal that I spend on gear, shards, and energy refreshes.

Please grant more sim tickets on drops and rewards for daily tasks so it equals out to what active players use within their daily SWGOH grind. Thank you.

It's a hard knock life now. We gained great features with the update but I have noticed a significant decrease in the drop rates for everything. I also had an abundance of sim tickets and am now down to 150 or so since the update, and believe me you aren't doing anything wrong. It's an easy comment for people to make because they can, and it makes them feel better about themselves lol. I think the devs screwed us with the update in the end to force us to $$$$$ spend. 30 crystals for 20 tickets is absurd . And auto battling 120 in energy is quite a pain.
  • I've noticed a decrease in ticket production as well. Used to farm all kinds of nodes for gear and managed to build up a stash of 500 or so. Now I only farm 16-20 hard nodes, and a 10 cantina battle. Overall, I am doing less sims daily, but also end the day in a net loss, where before it was usually a net gain. Down to 100.
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    +1
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Sim tickets should be dropped. As long as we 3-star a node, we should be able to sim them without any tickets. That's an old unuseful item of the game which was maybe useful when the content was not so huge and daily tasks faster to complete.
  • They definitely changed something. I went from hundreds on hand for months to nothing. I did not change my playstyle or how I use energy. Something on their end changed. I'm not saying I can't make the new system work, just confirming for the folks out there like me that something did, in fact, change. If you want to argue that point or make some condescending comment, go somewhere else, cause I ain't hearing it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    They definitely changed something. I went from hundreds on hand for months to nothing. I did not change my playstyle or how I use energy. Something on their end changed. I'm not saying I can't make the new system work, just confirming for the folks out there like me that something did, in fact, change. If you want to argue that point or make some condescending comment, go somewhere else, cause I ain't hearing it.

simming challenges costs 90 sim tickets per week (if i'm correct). So yea, something changed, but there is nothing shady, worth conspiring over, going on. It's all in the open and it's a darn nice option if you ask me.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Allenb60 wrote: »

When you have 120 energy and limited time you need to understand that it is a pain in the butt!!! I am noticing the same thing since the update. I had 2500 sim tickets or so and am now down to 150!!! The drop rate has definitely changed and should be addressed. 30 crystals for 20 tickets is quite a rip off.

I just tested it and it takes like four seconds to auto a battle with AOE charcters. I think making sim tickets more available would be great but unlike what you said in the original post nothing forcing is you to buy them with crystals
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    They definitely changed something. I went from hundreds on hand for months to nothing. I did not change my playstyle or how I use energy. Something on their end changed. I'm not saying I can't make the new system work, just confirming for the folks out there like me that something did, in fact, change. If you want to argue that point or make some condescending comment, go somewhere else, cause I ain't hearing it.

simming challenges costs 90 sim tickets per week (if i'm correct). So yea, something changed, but there is nothing shady, worth conspiring over, going on. It's all in the open and it's a darn nice option if you ask me.

Actually, it's over 100 because you can also sim Ship challenges now as well. They didn't nerf drop rates, people are just simming more things.

So yes, if you're "doing the same things you always did" - except are now simming more things, you're probably going to be lower on sim tickets.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Actually, it's over 100 because you can also sim Ship challenges now as well. They didn't nerf drop rates, people are just simming more things.

So yes, if you're "doing the same things you always did" - except are now simming more things, you're probably going to be lower on sim tickets.

First six days: 8 normal + 2 fleet = 10 a day. Seventh day: 24 normal + 6 fleet = 30.
    (6 * 10) + 30 = 90 per week. Am i missing something?
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member

I just tested it and it takes like four seconds to auto a battle with AOE charcters. I think making sim tickets more available would be great but unlike what you said in the original post nothing forcing is you to buy them with crystals

And how long is it taking you to get into each battle for you to sim it? 2 seconds to select a battle, 3-4 seconds to pick an ally (mostly waiting for the screen to load), 3-4 seconds waiting for your team to load and select start battle, ~5 seconds to load the actual environment and both teams. 1 Second to hit auto-battle. So total: ~15-16 seconds - per battle. Instead of 5 seconds to sim 10 battles all at once. So we are looking at a difference of 5 seconds to sim, or 2.5 minutes to autobattle 10 battles.
  • Fanatic wrote: »

And how long is it taking you to get into each battle for you to sim it? 2 seconds to select a battle, 3-4 seconds to pick an ally (mostly waiting for the screen to load), 3-4 seconds waiting for your team to load and select start battle, ~5 seconds to load the actual environment and both teams. 1 Second to hit auto-battle. So total: ~15-16 seconds - per battle. Instead of 5 seconds to sim 10 battles all at once. So we are looking at a difference of 5 seconds to sim, or 2.5 minutes to autobattle 10 battles.

Exactly -- if Auto - also had a 'repeat and pick a random ally' option and it auto'd through 10 battles.... it would still be annoying and a battery drain.... and also pointless... when you could just sim it.

Anyways, kudo's to everyone who has the time for that. Congrats, really. But I don't, and clearly a lot of others don't either. But, I guess it's WAI.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »

Exactly -- if Auto - also had a 'repeat and pick a random ally' option and it auto'd through 10 battles.... it would still be annoying and a battery drain.... and also pointless... when you could just sim it.

Anyways, kudo's to everyone who has the time for that. Congrats, really. But I don't, and clearly a lot of others don't either. But, I guess it's WAI.

sim higher energy nodes that possibly drop multiple gears you need. DS 8B hard for example is an awesome node if you're farming mk 4 chedak comlinks. Auto-ing battles isn't the only alternative.
  • Achaia
    20 posts Member
    I came to the forum and searched specifically for this topic. It's obnoxious. I had over 700 Sim tickets, and I just happened to notice that I was down to 69. I completely haven't been paying attention.

C'mon, EA. Like I don't have better things to do with my life than calculate auto battles and sim tickets. Give me a break. Dailies should be simple. Farming gear for new characters (at the absurdly low drop rates) should be simple. Don't make me auto battle everything.
  • !!! This is a good way to get people to quit the game, its ridiculous that I even have to worry about having enough tickets
  • i read a wonderful tip for those whining about not enough sim tickets.

auto 4x
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    hnewton wrote: »
    !!! This is a good way to get people to quit the game, its ridiculous that I even have to worry about having enough tickets

When i run out i leave...when enough leave maybe they will wake up. But don't hold your breathe we aren't dealing with rocket scientist we are dealing with EA.
  • yeah god for bid you actually play a battle or 2.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    !!! This is a good way to get people to quit the game, its ridiculous that I even have to worry about having enough tickets
    Gankak wrote: »

When i run out i leave...when enough leave maybe they will wake up. But don't hold your breathe we aren't dealing with rocket scientist we are dealing with EA.

You are playing a resource management game... you should probably manage your resources.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Gankak wrote: »

You are playing a resource management game... you should probably manage your resources.

This is hardly a resource management game.
This discussion has been closed.