Is there a list for what the ideal speed for each character should be?

Stated in title, just wondering if there something out there that shows what speed you should aim for to have your toons be in order for them not to be considered slow.

Replies

• There isn't, and this comment is not meant to be in anyway sarcastic or glib, but the ideal speed for any character is the maximum you can get. Speed is everything in this game at the moment, especially in arena.

The only time this isn't true is on tanks that you want to remain taunting for as long as possible.. i.e. Sometimes people like their Sun Fac, shoretrooper as slow as possible.
  • As fast as you can possibly get them
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    The only time this isn't true is on tanks that you want to remain taunting for as long as possible.. i.e. Sometimes people like their Sun Fac, shoretrooper as slow as possible.

That's so true, especially in HAAT P3 with Chirpatine.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Speed is relative to the activity you are doing. For raids, enemies have set speed levels, so the speed for your characters can be balanced against that. For arena, speed is entirely relative to the speeds of your opponents and team comps.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    AFAP.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    yEt6JSa.gif

Faster than the hamster.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »
    AFAP.

you forgot an F
    AFAFP
  • Welp... I guess the lack of speed I possess will continue to make me look like a stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking nerf herder
    Winstar wrote: »
    yEt6JSa.gif

Faster than the hamster.

That hamster can move....
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    The0n3 wrote: »
    AFAP.

you forgot an F
    AFAFP

LOL
  • The best way to judge if your speed is good or not is to look at a characters stats and see how much extra you are getting from mods. Aside from a few tanks and characters who mostly counterattack or gain tm from other sources, if your arena toons don't have at least +50 speed from mods by the time people are hitting level 85 they are too slow. A handful of very dedicated or very rich(at least they used to be rich) players can field entire teams with over +100 speed from mods.
  • If you can hit +100 speed from mods you are doing pretty good.
  • +130 per toon soon will be standard
  • Jeez.... plus 100-130 speed PER TOON??? How do you farm that?????
  • Careful, using characters like SA and you actually have to reduce speed sometimes because of RNG overlap order.
  • feälóke
    117 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Exactly, higher speed, the better.
    Btw. All those luckers who got excelent mods till now would start farm them from beginning since new 6* and 7* mods would be released. And honestly that suits me, becouse I hadnt such luck in gathering good mods.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    feälóke wrote: »
    Exactly, higher speed, the better.
    Btw. All those luckers who got excelent mods till now would start farm them from beginning since new 6* and 7* mods would be released. And honestly that suits me, becouse I didnt have such luck in gathering good mods.

you really think that will make a difference in the speed game?
    If mk6 and mk7 were released today the once that spend money on mods could easily obtain them.
    Also an Mk5 mod with +20 speed secondary is still better than a MK6 or Mk7 with +10 speed secondary. Mk6 primary stats would probably go up 1 or 2 % and mk7 another 1 or 2%. Not enough of a jump to push dropping that +20 speed secondary.

I use many MK3 and MK4 mods because of speed/offense/protection secondaries
  • scuba wrote: »
    you really think that will make a difference in the speed game?
    If mk6 and mk7 were released today the once that spend money on mods could easily obtain them.
    Also an Mk5 mod with +20 speed secondary is still better than a MK6 or Mk7 with +10 speed secondary. Mk6 primary stats would probably go up 1 or 2 % and mk7 another 1 or 2%. Not enough of a jump to push dropping that +20 speed secondary.

I use many MK3 and MK4 mods because of speed/offense/protection secondaries

It depends on what mk6 and mk7 mods look like. It they're only a 1-2% bump in primary stats, then maybe not so much. If they provide a decent overhaul to the mod system, by making trade-offs really worthwhile, it could have an effect on speed.
  • I meant that one time +20 speed would just not be enough. U would need +30 speed on secondary to compete. And that means that all mods with 20 speed would be useless for your arena team. Same thing as to buy a premium characters. It helps u in a few months, but after that char becomes FTP and your purchase is for nothing.
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Aim for 300 speed on every toon... You probably won't get there, but that actually is the ideal speed for every toon... ;)
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    feälóke wrote: »
    I meant that one time +20 speed would just not be enough. U would need +30 speed on secondary to compete. And that means that all mods with 20 speed would be useless for your arena team. Same thing as to buy a premium characters. It helps u in a few months, but after that char becomes FTP and your purchase is for nothing.

the only ones that would be getting all those +30 secondary would be those willing to spend. You think it is hard to get high speed secondary now. Things always get harder to farm.
    I also agree with @Indominable_J MK6/7 is a perfect time to make other mod stats more important than speed, which I hope they do. They could release Mk6/7 with no increases in secondary stats.