So Basically..

If you didn't focus on jedi you're screwed & can no longer have a chance at getting the new character in the event, quick word to the devs MAKE THEM MORE AVAILABLE. The only people who have 7 star Jedi are people who paid extreme amounts of money into the game, You're screwing your F2P players as most of the jedi arent even available to us & the ones that are, are terrible except for luminara ofcourse. Aayla (only packs) Jinn (only packs til acouple days ago) Old Ben (Only Packs) I wouldve built a jedi team if more jedi were available to me. Now me & whoever else didnt focus on jedi (because most of them are severely weak compared to sith, Mace Windu anyone ?) are screwed & won't be able to attain what im expecting to be Yoda in the event.

Replies

• I'm f2p and have 5 jedis, not at 7 stars. But when the event comes I can get them at 5* (enough to unlock the hero) The event will return after some time (weeks I guess) so you'll have plenty of time to farm.
    Mace actually gets a buff with the new update, and it looks like he will be ok. And he's farmable from the cantina. You probably have a 7* sid just like everybody else, so you can farm eeth koth from your arena shipments.

A decent F2p jedi team will be: QGJ, Lumi, JC, Mace and Eeth Koth
  • Well you only need five 5* Jedi to get the new character. Also Ahsoka Tano, Mace, Qui-Gon, Plo Koon, Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight Guardian, Anakin Skywalker, and Eeth Koth are all farmable. You don't have to buy packs to get enough Jedi to do the event.
  • come on, there are 6 or 7 available now and you know there will be at least 1 more released in the update. this is another factor as to why QGJ was released to f2p, to build a jedi team.
  • Yea problem is I dont have mace & he isnt available in any shipments I know of, I have lumi maxed, & now I face terrible decisions either focus these weak jedi that I probably wont use after the event is over & forget maxing my core team to remain relevant in arenas it being the first event, it should be an OPEN one. Not a jedi only one, Jedis have been terrible since the first day this game released so mostly nobody focused them is what im saying, as the first event it shouldnt have a jedi only requirement, maybe somewhere down the line after they fix how weak the jedi are comparable to sith it would make more sense. But it doesnt as of now.
  • Quit whining, I'm a ftp and ill just grind . Babies ruin fun
  • The reason I focused sith is because they made jedi so underpowered.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Mace is on a Cantina node. On average you can get 4 shards per day of his with no refreshes, 8 with one refresh, 12 with two, 16 with three. As you do this you get orange balls you can use on QGJ or Ahsoka (which, sadly, is an easy choice.)
    You don't need all your Jedi at 7*, only 5*. (Why they made this unlock at 5* rather than 4* I have no idea.) You can get the "new character" to 6* and 7* later on.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Oh yeah you can also farm Bariss, forgot about her.
  • The first month the game was out everyone had JC lumi and barris in their squad. it was so dominant that they nerfed barris and boosted some sith to have anti-jedi capabilities.
  • Miller
    103 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Go for Eeth Koth (arena) Barriss (cantina) and QGJ (cantina shipments) considering you already have Lumi and JC. You'll get there, not as fast as others but eventually.

Edit : Mace if you're not high enough for Barriss (lvl 69)
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Mace is on a Cantina node. On average you can get 4 shards per day of his with no refreshes, 8 with one refresh, 12 with two, 16 with three. As you do this you get orange balls you can use on QGJ or Ahsoka (which, sadly, is an easy choice.)
    You don't need all your Jedi at 7*, only 5*. (Why they made this unlock at 5* rather than 4* I have no idea.) You can get the "new character" to 6* and 7* later on.

See but my point is why would you make the first event with a stipulation like "Jedi Only" knowing jedi hasnt been that available & jedi have suxked since release, Bariss, & QGJ werent available til 2 days ago Bariss was available in a pack early on but you couldnt get her past 4 stars unless you paid for crystals, both good jedi but no way anyone who didnt spend money has em at 7 star just yet. All im tryna say is it being the very FIRST EVENT it should be a neutral open event, no sith only or jedi only, OPEN, its the first event in a game where jedi havent been helpful,

See but my point is why would you make the first event with a stipulation like "Jedi Only" knowing jedi hasnt been that available & jedi have suxked since release, Bariss, & QGJ werent available til 2 days ago Bariss was available in a pack early on but you couldnt get her past 4 stars unless you paid for crystals, both good jedi but no way anyone who didnt spend money has em at 7 star just yet. All im tryna say is it being the very FIRST EVENT it should be a neutral open event, no sith only or jedi only, OPEN, its the first event in a game where jedi havent been helpful,

Everyone would unlock him during the 1st event if you could use any five 5* characters. No way they are going to allow that then no one would be buying packs and crystals leading up and during the event to get and promote jedi.
  • I don't think he's going to be John Rambo. Most desirable toon but if one toon is OP like Rambo, where's the game gonna go from there?

Everyone would unlock him during the 1st event if you could use any five 5* characters. No way they are going to allow that then no one would be buying packs and crystals leading up and during the event to get and promote jedi.

I guess that makes sense more money stealing devs im passing on the event, jedi aren't competitive enough for me to stop focusing on my core team & droid team i been building.

I think that's the whole point of the event. The devs want people to get more into jedis. Barris is avalaible since the new level cap in cantina and she has 2 hard nodes for a while.
    And like others said, you don't have to have an all 7* crew. 5* is enough to unlock and if you don't have them at 5* you wait a bit and obtain the new hero later. You can even enter with 2* jedis only you wont be able to unlock the hero.

I think that's the whole point of the event. The devs want people to get more into jedis. Barris is avalaible since the new level cap in cantina and she has 2 hard nodes for a while.
    And like others said, you don't have to have an all 7* crew. 5* is enough to unlock and if you don't have them at 5* you wait a bit and obtain the new hero later. You can even enter with 2* jedis only you wont be able to unlock the hero.

Yea but they should buff the jedis first not force non essential underpowered characters down our throats its all good ill pass ima focus on this droid team.

Yea but they should buff the jedis first not force non essential underpowered characters down our throats its all good ill pass ima focus on this droid team.

They buffed Mace, QGJ is already a beast. Lumi and JC are pretty good and almost irreplacable in gw. And you can get Eeth Koth from arena he seems pretty decent.
    Everybody going crazy over the jedi are taking a risk, it might pay off when the new hero is great. Just like you are taking a risk not focussing on jedi. That's the beauty of the game. Spending your limited resources wisely.

They buffed Mace, QGJ is already a beast. Lumi and JC are pretty good and almost irreplacable in gw. And you can get Eeth Koth from arena he seems pretty decent.
    Everybody going crazy over the jedi are taking a risk, it might pay off when the new hero is great. Just like you are taking a risk not focussing on jedi. That's the beauty of the game. Spending your limited resources wisely.

this droid team with poe with still currently rip any jedi team in half quickly so im not worried I just really wanted yoda man. Its the fanboy in me

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »

this droid team with poe with still currently rip any jedi team in half quickly so im not worried I just really wanted yoda man. Its the fanboy in me

Funny how everyone assumes that the event character will be Yoda... It might as well be Jedi Luke, or even Grievous, they are both pretty much Jedi-related.
  • Nauros wrote: »

Funny how everyone assumes that the event character will be Yoda... It might as well be Jedi Luke, or even Grievous, they are both pretty much Jedi-related.

General Grievous is not a jedi thats HIGHLY doubtful idk why people keep sayingg Grievous lmao but I would like to see GG somewhere down the line if not Yoda Luke is the Only other one that makes sense or like some people have said Young Obi

• Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

General Grievous is not a jedi thats HIGHLY doubtful idk why people keep sayingg Grievous lmao but I would like to see GG somewhere down the line if not Yoda Luke is the Only other one that makes sense or like some people have said Young Obi

He is not a jedi, but he makes a hobby of hunting them, so the connection is there.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

He is not a jedi, but he makes a hobby of hunting them, so the connection is there.

Valid point, But theres more hype surrounding Yoda maybe you fight grievous and he makes an appearance but it wont make sense for him to be rewarded in the event. Hes not gonna join 5 jedi in battle. & id be **** if they made it jedi only to reward GG that makes no sense.

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Jesse indicated that the character is one of the most requested characters. I have not heard that many people begging for Grievous.
  • JAR JAR BINKS FTW!
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Varlie wrote: »
    Jesse indicated that the character is one of the most requested characters. I have not heard that many people begging for Grievous.

TR-8R ^^ sick spins inc
  • boss-nass_picture.jpg
    Yoda??? The new character is actually Boss Nass, and yes, he's going to be very OP!!!!