Some clarification..

2Next

Replies

• Mullato, your Jedi have mopped the floor with my squad for quite some time, although I generally avoid them anymore. You're right though, compared with all the zauls, Jedi are a fairly easy fight. TFP knocks off the foresight, B2 clears the tenacity and adds buff block to hold off foresight, then Vader lays down the dots and TFP goes to work. There is no fear factor. It's more a matter of how many times is Aayla going to counter stun to delay the win.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Mullato, your Jedi have mopped the floor with my squad for quite some time, although I generally avoid them anymore. You're right though, compared with all the zauls, Jedi are a fairly easy fight. TFP knocks off the foresight, B2 clears the tenacity and adds buff block to hold off foresight, then Vader lays down the dots and TFP goes to work. There is no fear factor. It's more a matter of how many times is Aayla going to counter stun to delay the win.

what's your in- game name?
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    seeing Jedi still in the top 10 sometimes is like seeing that tore up street walker from around the way who's giving $10 hummers, that everybody abuses -- that's your team.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    dough wrote: »
    seeing Jedi still in the top 10 sometimes is like seeing that tore up street walker from around the way who's giving $10 hummers, that everybody abuses -- that's your team.

Exactly my point.

Yeah, they can do well on offense, but once they are done workin, then they get pimp-slapped around and get thier money taken back from them.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »
    dough wrote: »

Exactly my point.

Yeah, they can do well on offense, but once they are done workin, then they get pimp-slapped around and get thier money taken back from them.

in all seriousness, when I see Jedi team I know it's a guaranteed win so as you probably already know, it's a big target on your back -- then again, i'm currently rolling two 4* toons on my squad so imagine my shard sees that and are eager, so i know the feeling.
  • The way I have my team set up Jedi teams are extremely easy. Usually qui gon will clear the taunt off shore at the start but then my tie uses his AOE and removes forsight and because forsight counts as being dodged that gives b2 100% tm and he clears tenacity and offence up, then I just focus on GK or Anakin, mauls daze destroys Aayla and JKA unique. I use any Jedi team as a stepping stone to higher ranks, unless they have zylo.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    War wrote: »
    @Vertigo I'm sorry; came from having a bad day, and months of buff Jedi +100, there's some bad Empire characters as well -1000. run B2 in your Zader team. I asked for a Stormtrooper Zeta in the past and was flamed for it. That's where the Stormtrooper Zeta anyone? came from.

Jedi need buffs and reworks, more than Empire if you look at it from a certain angle. But there's bad and good on both sides, not just one. I'd actually like a Jedi Knight Guardian rework when it comes to Jedi. She's got some pretty sweet animations with that Double Bladed lightsaber, but is probably the worst off.

I'm all for buffing the older characters that need it, I just think each faction needs something a little different from just a general "buff". Don't worry about the bad day it happens haha, but like I said before with Jedi they just lack a few things on each Jedi to make them more of a threat on their own. You don't see people running squads of 4 other factions and 1 Jedi other than GK. GK is the newest Jedi and by far the best. He is actually a threat that can get in your way. None of the other Jedi can really say that, and there are so many of them. They're just a tad outdated in what each specific one can do, but with most of them being outdated you need all of them to be alive AND you need GK in there to ensure that your team is solid.

Clones are very similar in how they function as a unit. I do like this, they are probably one of the best direct synergy teams out there, but I don't feel like they have enough going for them to back it up. Rex is the only clone you'll see outside of a clone squad, and he's also the one clone that you take out from your team for HAAT. Again, each clone does 1 thing. CS - Damage. Rex - Support/Buffs. Fives - Counter w/ speed down. Echo - Dispel. Cody - Damage via assists. Sure Echo can jump in with assists and Cody and Rex can do a little more each if they're in the leader position, but Fives can almost be ignored most of a match, and the rest of the team is very easy to kill, which means you only really get to use each of their utilities once maybe twice. While speed helps, the only debuff they can apply is speed down, and it's from Fives. Clones have very little control over the other team in a match, which makes it a lot harder for them to prosper.

The old Empire characters, (Veers, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, GMT) are also very lackluster. Stormtrooper is extremely weak for a tank, and his defense bonus does next to nothing. That could certainly be changed, but most of these guys are just directly outclassed by other empire characters even. Veers leader ability is a waste of an ability. Veer's AOE ability block can be done just as easily with Krennic's leader ability or by using Boba, someone who synergizes well with an Empire team and just does it more efficiently. Snowtrooper's AOE needs a look, he only gives himself Offense up when it defeats someone, and its not the most powerful nowadays. And EP can just give offense up to an Empire team over and over again. Snowtrooper can ability block on his basic, but so can Vader and with a higher chance to do it AND it can't be evaded by Jedi or resisted by them. A lot of people will say "oh boohoo Empire is already fine Vader and EP and TFP and DT and Shore are great," but theres a good chunk of Empire characters that are also heavily outdated. Do they need a buff, I'd say yes, but I think the factions that have almost all of their characters outdated should get a look first, namely Nightsisters, Ewoks, Separatists, Clones, Jedi, and I can't believe I'm saying it, but Droids (They just need to be able to do something else other than crit).
  • Gul Ski in game. I was normally finishing 15-20 until the zaul explosion. Now I drop to around 50 every night and have to fight my way back up to mid 20's...Mainly dependent upon how many Jedi or rebel teams I can find along the way.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Gul Ski in game. I was normally finishing 15-20 until the zaul explosion. Now I drop to around 50 every night and have to fight my way back up to mid 20's...Mainly dependent upon how many Jedi or rebel teams I can find along the way.

Oh ok, I see you. It's nice to see someone from my shard on the forums!
  • Hopefully I'll be a little higher up the list by the end of the day lol. So far resisting the urge to join the ranks of zaul.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    yeah, I feel ya. I have to use zader/empire teams or rebels in order to climb. There's so many maul's tho, that's getting hard to do lol. I can beat a few mauls in top 20, but for the most part it's very very difficult.
  • Most of them are crazy fast and I'm definitely behind on the speed front. I can handle some if the slower zauls, but I'm mostly left hoping the rebels and jedi are spread out enough in the ranking to allow me to climb more than a couple of rankings at a time.

When I ran rebels or EP lead, I learned quickly to not bother attacking mullato.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Update: (yes i just bumped my own thread, because i can)

Since the past couple of days i dropped a zeta on Yoda's BM and put a little more speed on GK. And **** I've been slamming the backs off of every maul team i see. I'm even able to climb to 1st now when I please.

It's a good, good day in the Jedi council.
  • War
    932 posts Member

Since the past couple of days i dropped a zeta on Yoda's BM and put a little more speed on GK. And **** I've been slamming the backs off of every maul team i see. I'm even able to climb to 1st now when I please.

Got my Empire meta doing real work also. Zrennic, zDT, TFP, Magma, and SHT. Helps that folks are switching to Rex lead to counter Zaul, and my squad can counter them, lol.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    War wrote: »

Got my Empire meta doing real work also. Zrennic, zDT, TFP, Magma, and SHT. Helps that folks are switching to Rex lead to counter Zaul, and my squad can counter them, lol.

That's wassup bro, good to hear!
  • i feel what hes saying. jedi are not fearsome at all. palp will shock and freeze dukoo is an irretating punk you know.
    but jedis dobt have a i bettet take that one out first or im dead. argue it if you want .
    they need a rotj luke to fix that
  • War
    932 posts Member
    i feel what hes saying. jedi are not fearsome at all. palp will shock and freeze dukoo is an irretating punk you know.
    but jedis dobt have a i bettet take that one out first or im dead. argue it if you want .
    they need a rotj luke to fix that

No one is arguing anymore, and you only commented what had previously been stated before. You're just trolling and starting to start something up. Let's not do that.