5th for a zMaul squad between Boba/DV/JKA

Hi, I currently run zMaul, EP, DV, Boba, B2 for arena, all lvl85 7* G11.
I will soon get Nihilus 4* G11 so I'll go zMaul, EP, DN, B2. Who should be the 5th ?
Here's my roster, it seems my 3 best options atm are :
DV : provides dps with advantage and gains TM from lead, but doesn't need evasion and his aoe debuff is no good against GK/chaze
Boba : great all around but would die quickly without a taunter, and aoe AB might overlap drain force
JKA : good DPS and aoe buff, semi-taunt, good basic debuff, but no obvious synergy with zMaul
I don't want to invest more in siths, this is just to stay competitive in arena. My goal is go back to Resistance for a P2 squad. I could possibly start working on Sidious (need him for zFinn) and Kylo.
Any thoughts ? Thanks !

Replies

• E00N
    147 posts Member
    Options
    I am running :

zMaul, DN, Palp, Vader and zKylo.

In near future i will replace Vader with SithAssasin and zKylo for zSavage.
  • Options
    Thanks EooN, I read Sith assassin and zSavage are great with zMaul, but as I said I'd like to avoid investing more in siths except Sid for Resistance. I'm not a sith fan and meta could have changed by the time I get them to G11.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I assume since you didn't mention him you don't have GK ready. Before going all Sith I did great with Zaul, EP, Baze, Boba, GK. You could replace Baze with DN easily in the squad.

Of the ones you mention I think Boba still makes the most sense but you are right in that he needs a taunt in there.
  • Options
    Thanks KeKattia, Shatterpoint members advices always welcome :blush:
    Indeed I don't have GK nor Baze and not really interested right now. GK is a pain to gear and I'm not a jedi fan either. I could unlock Baze with 2 months of hard node farming...
    So it seems I miss a taunter, but my only options atm are STHan and Shore, and none of them seems to fit.
    Since I'm farming resistance I thought I could try Finn+Poe for their aoe expose, aoe cleansing, taunt pass. Poe would have to resist first volleys of stun/AB/buff immunity, but since a lot of people don't care that much about their potency (no more EP lead on my shard) and Poe+Finn may have the highest tenacity in the game (they can easily reach more than 100% with good mods), maybe they could do the trick…