Mod upgrade question

lamatoe
131 posts Member
Does the starting value of a secondary stat influence how it upgrades?
Ie speed value of 2 on a gold mod. Will this upgrade in lower increments than a starting value of say 5?
I'm guessing this applies to all secondary stats.

Cheers

Replies

• My understanding is that the first stat has the chance to be upgraded 4 times. My assumption is that the max speed can be upgraded in one upgrade is 5 so it could be 2+5+5+5+5=22. The highest a speed secondary could be is 25 currently.

Note that while there is a chance for the stat to be upgraded 4 times it is pretty rare to happen, so even if you find a mod that starts with a 5 speed in the first slot of it's stats and it's gold, the cards are still stacked against you in terms of it becoming a truly great mod (although lets face it, you're gonna upgrade it either way :P)
  • infidale wrote: »
    My understanding is that the first stat has the chance to be upgraded 4 times. My assumption is that the max speed can be upgraded in one upgrade is 5 so it could be 2+5+5+5+5=22. The highest a speed secondary could be is 25 currently.

Note that while there is a chance for the stat to be upgraded 4 times it is pretty rare to happen, so even if you find a mod that starts with a 5 speed in the first slot of it's stats and it's gold, the cards are still stacked against you in terms of it becoming a truly great mod (although lets face it, you're gonna upgrade it either way :P)

Speed can increase by 6, so if the max starting value is 5, then the total max is 29, which is extremely unlikely. To the op, as far as I know starting values don't effect the increments, but the higher starting value you have, the higher the end result.