Wisest method of farming high-level gear

scoke
32 posts Member
Need some advice on farming furnaces and other gear 9-plus items (I'm level 78 with about a dozen characters at gear level 8). Is it wise to scale back energy refreshes and start saving up crystals to purchase them? Get them using fleet shipment tokens? What's the best use of resources at this stage?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I'd advise to save your fleet tokens for zeta materials or Chirrut (/charachter) shards.

Personally I've stopped doing cantina energy refreshese since I have the toons, I ttuly need, already. I only do the 2 x 50 crystals energy refreshes and then save the rest for gear.
  • Buying a furnace (mk5) from shipments for crystals is the best value. Trying to buy the individual pieces isn't as effective because everyone else needs those discs and hairdryer components too.

The other raid gear is best farmed from t7 rancor raids. Stun cuffs are a good value out of the fleet store as well.
  • Well.. Id save up my 200 crystals a day.. If i would finally got good mods -.- over 900 mods and just 1 above 12 speed .. This sux hard
  • scoke
    32 posts Member
    Well.. Id save up my 200 crystals a day.. If i would finally got good mods -.- over 900 mods and just 1 above 12 speed .. This sux hard
    This is an issue for me, as well. I do have two quality speed primary mods, but really need to farm more.

It'd be an easier call if my arena payouts were better. Trying to get there. There just isn't enough crystal income to spread around.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    doing 1 refresh to make sure you get your 600, save up the rest of your crystals and then buy the gear you need in Shipments.
  • Dhoey321 wrote: »
    doing 1 refresh to make sure you get your 600, save up the rest of your crystals and then buy the gear you need in Shipments.

^^This^^ Save fleet currency for zeta, do not wait and hope for luck from the challenges :wink:
  • I don't think cutting back on refreshes while still leveling is wise. At 85 it's a different story, though.

Furnaces can be a real pita, but I got all of mine from t7 rancor eventually.
  • scoke
    32 posts Member
    Paying 1,400 crystals for an equip-ready furnace is a great deal. I'm just not high enough in arena to generate crystals at a decent rate yet.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Pretty sad ... but saving crystals to buy gear out of shipments > using crystals to refresh for farming gear, just because droprate/rng is really ~bad~.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • I've had vastly different experiences farming stun guns vs stun cuffs, any of the 10 energy nodes for stun cuffs I get a 30%-50% drop rate, but for stun guns it seems like 10%-20%, so for stun guns I'm saving crystals but cuffs I can farm over 3-4 days with two energy refreshes per day.
  • Maximo wrote: »
    I've had vastly different experiences farming stun guns vs stun cuffs, any of the 10 energy nodes for stun cuffs I get a 30%-50% drop rate, but for stun guns it seems like 10%-20%, so for stun guns I'm saving crystals but cuffs I can farm over 3-4 days with two energy refreshes per day.

I've experienced the exact issue as well. I'd farm stun cuffs any day over stun guns.
  • Buying a furnace (mk5) from shipments for crystals is the best value. Trying to buy the individual pieces isn't as effective because everyone else needs those discs and hairdryer components too.

The other raid gear is best farmed from t7 rancor raids. Stun cuffs are a good value out of the fleet store as well.

Eh I would always buy those tenacity discs though