I find your lack of new content, disturbing.

Rolf
1032 posts Member
With the new update there were some great bug fixes, some character changes, and definitely a big change to Arena matchmaking and dot power. And the nice energy boost, great things.

But I'm disappointed that the only new *content* is an every-few-weeks event that you specifically need five Jedi to play, and apparently doesn't even have any rewards unless you have five 5* Jedi. So unless you happen the have this "golden ticket", you're stuck playing the same old grinding game. And if you do have the Jedi to play...once and you're done? Then back to the same-old with the rest of us.

I think many of us were looking forward to the possibility of a new table being opened. Ships, guilds, something... anything to give the game more fullness and something new to do. Fixes are great, and we're grateful. But the game has to grow too, right? Few of us are at the endgame, true, but there still isn't much reason to expand your roster beyond "what the meta is" until a new zone/playstyle calls for it. I guess we can all grind Jedi now for the new challenge, but that doesn't change what kind of fun we're having.
My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.

Replies

• Options
    I think you missed a lot of free stamina, a few times every 24 hours, and such. Not sure why you'd want hundreds of things to do on an APP game, but slowly but surely we'll get more content.

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I think you missed a lot of free stamina, a few times every 24 hours, and such. Not sure why you'd want hundreds of things to do on an APP game, but slowly but surely we'll get more content.
    The energy refresh is up there. :)
    I'm just saying that we can only keep hitting "sim" and "auto" for so long.
  • Options
    Don't think this was much of a surprise since they stated this patch was going to mostly be a quality of life update and the next one would contain more content.
    Source: reddit or here and too lazy to find it.
  • Options
    You didn't read closely enough, the Key Card battles are to be replaced with a new Event challenge mode where different classes are required depending on the event, that sounds promising and provides new means of obtaining resources.
  • StarSon
    7438 posts Member
    Options
    Al_Tiz wrote: »
    You didn't read closely enough, the Key Card battles are to be replaced with a new Event challenge mode where different classes are required depending on the event, that sounds promising and provides new means of obtaining resources.

What he said. The Big Jedi Event is just the grand opening. There will be a credits and training droid event available at all times (similar to key card battles), and other time limited events. I got the feeling there will be something similar to the Big Jedi Event at least once every couple weeks, though only time will tell.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This game came out less then three months ago.....they have released more then enough, if not too, much new content. Their resources should be used as it has, cleaning out the bugs. Hopefully next they balance Heros before they take on more content.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Uh... yes and no. Yes, it is a "new" content, but no, it's no different than any other battle we currently do - other than putting a handicap on what team we can field.

I think Rolf is more looking for a completely different experience - whether it be a guild or ships battle - which this update does not have...

P.S. CG will likely face yet another delicate balance issue with the prize of these new event challenges. If the new hero is too OP, there will be waves of nerf cries as the majority of players won't be able to get him/her. On the other hand, if the new hero is lackluster, few will be bothered and instead will focus on getting Poe and/or one of those high dps heroes to survive in the new Arena which offers no privacy.
    Post edited by obiwan1011 on
  • Options
    I like the new stuff they added and I do think it's enough for now. Just a little bit disappointed they didnt add guilds or more social interaction in game instead of here on the forum.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

Uh... yes and no. Yes, it is a "new" content, but no, it's no different than any other battle we currently do - other than putting a handicap on what team we can field.

I think Rolf is more looking for a completely different experience - whether it be a guild or ships battle - which this update does not have...
    Yes, thank you for clarifying. I *do* like that they added the new event mode, but ultimately it:
    1) is the same old battle style.
    2) has new requirements, sure, but these simply require us to grind in the same old way to meet them.
    3) is self-limiting in that once you get the reward, you're done and it's back to business as usual.

I want a new game mode. Something to think about rather than auto and sim-ming my way through everything every day.

• Options
    We don't know whether it will be the same or not, (most likely will) but we shouldn't instantly start assuming things in my opinion.