How to spend money

I have been playing for awhile and have some pretty well geared characters. I typically rank in the Arena between 150 and 200, using only my 5 daily chances. I can complete the GW most days now, since the change (oddly not once before the change) In the beginning I spend a few dollars on chrome packs to add to roster, but haven't spent any money for awhile.

I am wondering, for those who do, how best to spend it? Once you have a pile of crystals, do you spend the 50+50+100+etc. to get regular energy, and then the 50+100+etc on your favorite character nodes? Do you spend it for more arena chances. Cantina energy?

If I am do buy a crystal pack, I want to use my money in the most efficient way possible to either farm characters, or gear, or stars.

I figure this is advice from the high spenders I should get now, before the big update next week.

Thanks,

Replies

• spend on cantina and energy refreshes. these get you more xp, droids, credits, gear, and shards than any other use. spending on refreshing character nodes, ANY shipment, or arena is a poor use of crystals. you could argue that spending 50 crystals on a arena fight refresh gains in the long run, but you usually spend 50 to get an extra 25.
  • So I should spend on energy and cantina energy refreshes, but with regards to the regular light/dark side tables, once I have made my 3 attempts at a note, I should not refresh that node, and just move on to another node for shards or gear?
  • right. it cost 50 crystals to refresh a node, giving you 3 more tries at that character. this will most likely result in 0-1 shard drop for 50 crystals. you may as well buy a energy refresh and farm other nodes for gear or xp. when you increase in xp level you automatically refill energy, so if you are grinding nodes and gaining xp you will get much more out of your crystals if you use them to bump yourself from level 45 to 46.
  • That is good advice. Will have to troll the cantina and see if there are any characters I am really interested in, or if I should just go for xp and upgrades.

Thanks for the guidance
  • no problem. there are a lot of good characters in cantina, and its the toughest to get tokens for, so it is a great place to spend crystals. Also if you want to farm 1 character specifically you can farm their cantina node 25 times a day and * that character up very quickly.
  • Go for poe in hard modes and cantina shipments
  • I have a 4* Poe now. Isn't he about to be modified to be less effective? I tend to use him in the early missions of GW, and occasionally on light side missions, but he's not part of my main group. Maybe I should reconsider, once I see how the change is after the update
  • Go for poe in hard modes and cantina shipments

I fear Poe isn't going to be a strong as you think after the next update. Teams won't rely on him so much tbh.

& as Widget mentioned, use your crystals on energy rather... I'm mostly f2p & I'm in top 50 every day (free 150 crystals). Which if you add the daily tasks crystals to the arena crystals, it gives me about 200+ a day, which means I use 2x 50 refills for my gear grind/hero grind & 1 x 100 cantina refill for my GS/QGJ farming.

Really nice way to keep up with the curb... Well kinda!
  • this is something i havent seen brought up about poe. There is a nerf coming, but that doesnt mean that when the patch comes out the nerf isnt worse than they claimed. Poe has been the single biggest concern about the patch since it was announced. even if they dont hit him harder initally, he is sure to get another round of nerf if the first doesnt produce the desired effect.
  • i would put zero effort into Poe from now on if i had been farming him pre-patch.
  • My main group, which has served me well, though I am probably lacking in synergies is 7* sid leader, with 7* lumi, 6* poggle, 5* dooku, 4* vader. I have a 5* chewie I was thinking of swapping for vader, but that hasn't happened yet. I have a decent selection of other 4* and 5* characters including Luke, JC, Barris, Daka, Asaj, Talia, Poe. That's pretty much all I use, with the main party serving as my Arena and harder GW battle party, and the rest being used for the easier GW and as needed for Light/Dark levels.
  • That makes no sense. This patch confirms the meta of poe and first turn damage.