Jedi Luke is a double edged sword

DatBoi
3615 posts Member
Id be as excited about Jedi Luke as anyone (and everyone) else, however a lot of people are ignoring a major aspect of his character. Obviously he'll be a leader and his leader ability will be extremely powerful, but do we really expect him to have much synergy with anyone other than rebels? Many of the people clamoring to have him added are the same people who complain about the number of "OP" rebels. If he's added, theres no way rebels won't be the meta.

Just my thoughts

Replies

• He could be the much needed boost that the Jedi need.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Goodhelmet wrote: »
    He could be the much needed boost that the Jedi need.

How much jedi synergy would he really have though? He trains a bit under yoda and ben, but never battles along side them or knows anything about the order. Perhaps he would work well under a different jedi lead like GK or zQGJ
  • I wish they would give him a Jedi tag but no rebel tag, but that's not going to happen. The OP brings up a good point, it's why I'm not really excited about Jedi Luke eventually being added. We'll definitely see him at some point but I'm in no rush.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

How much jedi synergy would he really have though? He trains a bit under yoda and ben, but never battles along side them or knows anything about the order. Perhaps he would work well under a different jedi lead like GK or zQGJ

I think ROTJ Luke is more like Old Ben. He really doesn't do a whole lot of rebel action, besides kill a couple of stormtroopers on endor.
    - He raids Jabbas Palace, but that has nothing to do with the empire.
    - He doesn't fly an x- wing in the space battle
    - He is in the ground assault, but leaves to go fight the 2 sith..(Jedi activity.) Basically Luke could have stayed on endor and helped there or tried to destroy the death star again, but that was up to the rebels. He knew his job as a jedi was to fight the sith and try to save his father.

I could see ESB Luke being the one with more rebel synergies.

• He'll have the rebel and Jedi tag. The question is how much will his abilities/leader synergize with rebels/Jedi? Will his leader be like EP where he boosts Rebels and Jedi and debuffs empire & sith? Will it be strictly rebel since he was the only Jedi at the time?
  • Mullato wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »

I think ROTJ Luke is more like Old Ben. He really doesn't do a whole lot of rebel action, besides kill a couple of stormtroopers on endor.
    - He raids Jabbas Palace, but that has nothing to do with the empire.
    - He doesn't fly an x- wing in the space battle
    - He is in the ground assault, but leaves to go fight the 2 sith..(Jedi activity.) Basically Luke could have stayed on endor and helped there or tried to destroy the death star again, but that was up to the rebels. He knew his job as a jedi was to fight the sith and try to save his father.

I could see ESB Luke being the one with more rebel synergies.

Agreed that makes tons of sense. and a pilot Luke with wiggs synergy
  • DatBoi wrote: »

Dude, Ahsoka team with Asajj for like 2 seconds, and she has nightsister synergy. Not Asajj synergy. Nightsister synergy.

The devs don't give a flying frick about how much time was spent with a certain faction.
  • I can't stand the ever growing rebel (scum) presence in this game, however I'd be willing to make an exception for Luke as he's the main character of the og trilogy. But the thing OP brought up is he'd have a leader AND rebel synergy, how? He's never done any leading within the alliance (unless the horrible raid on Jabba counts), the only leadership role he's taken is when he started the Jedi academy back up in which case his leader would be Jedi only. But if we're using OG trilogy Luke then he should realistically have no leader at all (the fact current in game Luke has a leader is dumb)
  • I think the first Luke where going to have is Luke ep 8, so he's going to be resistance and Jedi, resolving the problem :p
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    I can't stand the ever growing rebel (scum) presence in this game, however I'd be willing to make an exception for Luke as he's the main character of the og trilogy. But the thing OP brought up is he'd have a leader AND rebel synergy, how? He's never done any leading within the alliance (unless the horrible raid on Jabba counts), the only leadership role he's taken is when he started the Jedi academy back up in which case his leader would be Jedi only. But if we're using OG trilogy Luke then he should realistically have no leader at all (the fact current in game Luke has a leader is dumb)

He's Rogue Leader. Also there are far more insignificant toons in Star Wars lore in this game that have leader abilities that shouldn't.
  • What we really need is Pilot Luke. Every time either wedge or biggs attack, he also assists and deals 100% more damage, and also crits.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Since we'll probably be getting EP VIII Luke, I'm expecting Jedi synergy more than anything else. Or we don't get Jedi Master Luke, and get ROTJ Luke with more Rebel than Jedi synergy. Maybe a dual leadership thing like EP, at best. Although it would probably benefit Rebels more than Jedi, like EP's favoring Empire.

So what do we really want? is the question. Old Jedi Master Luke, as a powerful Jedi leader. Or ROTJ Luke with Anti-Empire/Sith synergy, but favors Rebel meta.
  • DatBoi wrote: »

Lol you act like this game follows the lore at all. We have crap like Ashoka with night sister synergy.
  • I'd think they would release old, sad depressed Luke in conjunction with Episode VIII and he'd be like the new Old Ben