Galactic War is broken

2Next

Replies

• HeresTheTruth
    480 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    lamikgb1 wrote: »
    Even opening Wedge dont allow to use it as leader on GW and complete it each day. Pls dont support lie about 59 lvl player with 4* Wedge can kill pack of 7* 70-75 lvl heroes as on my screen.
    Shipments bring (rare as hell) a shard or multiple shards but you still need 65 for achieve 5* and still can be eaten by synergy teams very well.
    Incredible luck, game event reward and opinion of high lvl players with everything on top 985 lvl, top gear, zeta) cannot be WORKABLE soultion for every day gameplay of everyone. Especially if you just hit 59 lvl and meet 81 player in GW.
    Polish your precious cards but stop to whine on forums when ppl trying to fix bugs like GW matching. Kktnxbye.

I got wedge free cause I play on iOS first off. Secondly stars don't help a toons strength and power as much as gear does so and just about everyone that knows anything about this game knows that, well...except for you...a level 59 wedge and Biggs fully modded can certainly beat some level 70-75 7* toons long as you use the right strategy and target the most dangerous toons first. The kicker is that I finish it in 20-30 minutes a day too.

Remember when you were a kid and you couldn't beat the boss on your favorite game but other people beat it easily? Well..that same game challenge mentality applies also to this game.

Just face it..you're not good at this game like you think you are. Your roster sucks, your strategy is wrong and the reason GWs isn't gonna be changed is because of people like me that beat it everyday on a regular basis. Gw isn't even close to being broken.

Call me a liar if that makes you feel better but I have no reason to lie, anyways...

You're either a Pro, or a noob..that's life so deal with it.

Since you shoot from the hip and wanna call people liars cause they beat stuff something you can't..that's good for you that you can't beat Galatic wars. I hope it gets even worse and you get so mad you break the device you're playing on cause you slammed it into a wall.

How do you say it??? Kkthxbye
    Post edited by HeresTheTruth on
  • ElfCabbage
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The secret to GW is starting with a low tier team. Each round of three is matched based on the squad you have at the beginning. My starting squad on GW is 4* lvl 75 Nihilus G8, 5* lvl 74 Dooku G8, 7* lvl 74 Palp G8, 5* lvl 72 Savage G8, and 7* lvl 76 Barriss G8. Squad power is a whopping 29,733. But because I start out lower on my squad, the matching starts me lower. Most days I can go 10 nodes with this squad. I used to do it with a Rebel squad until I decided to level all of my rebels to 80. Now on node 11 and 12, squad one does a little damage and dies. Then I bring in my Rebel squad to finish off that group and at least 50% of the time the Rebels finish off node 12. When they don't, I bring in my Phasma, Rey, Vader, Quigon and Luminari group which is still only 39,884 power.

My biggest beef right now is I just ran into a Royal Guard that gains 6% health when HE takes damage. At his high health, I couldn't cause enough damage to overcome his 6% even though NO other ally on his team took damage. That's a huge bug because that means I can't ever beat him. With his defense I was causing 4-6k damage and he was gaining over 6k in health with every hit. But I run into unbeatable squads about one in 5 times I do GW. Oh and I have ZERO zetas and only 3 G10 characters.

GW = Start smaller but effectively built. Swap out if characters die. I've started swapping out Savage for 6* lvl 75 Sidius G8 on node 6 to get past that.
  • Options
    Main problem with you, guys - you talking about HIGH LEVEL players which have almost everything and can run a bunch pre-setup teams. What about 2 weeks gameplay dude which have one team and some 50+ lvl heroes without stuff? GW is possible when you meet on 59 lvl enemy 81 lvl with 7-75 lvl heroes all 7*?
    Explain it without your own hero zoo.
  • lamikgb1
    15 posts Member
    Options
    level 73, impossible to pass GW
    xxNFBxM.jpg
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    Options
    Matching in GW is broken because it uses the broken power rating as a matching parameter. Power rating is not affected by speed and Zeta (or ability levels) so that is why your poor team can be matched by fast and zeta teams. If speed and zeta adds significantly to power ratings, then the matching in GW will become more rational.
  • Options
    ElfCabbage wrote: »
    My biggest beef right now is I just ran into a Royal Guard that gains 6% health when HE takes damage. At his high health, I couldn't cause enough damage to overcome his 6% even though NO other ally on his team took damage. That's a huge bug because that means I can't ever beat him. With his defense I was causing 4-6k damage and he was gaining over 6k in health with every hit. But I run into unbeatable squads about one in 5 times I do GW. Oh and I have ZERO zetas and only 3 G10 characters.
    Thats wrong!
    RG gets 6% (with Omega) health, if ANY teammeber got damaged in this round.
    If he gets 6k in heath(as you said are 6%) then he had 100k heath?
    Even with DN lead there should be only 35k (20k+15k gear8,lvl85)-50k (not sure the max)

4-5k damage is not really damage. We are talking top lvl85, right?

Just use Bobbi Fett and ignore RG. Or stun him with what ever you have.

Your theory about the start team is interesting. Think more in overall power as a varible and the difficulty of the GW as a constant.

GW is fun to have not a must do. Wish you more success next time. :-)
  • WarGuy101
    184 posts Member
    Options
    I am completely ftp and I beat gw almost everyday with nilulus led sith and wedge lead rebels all gear 8-9 3-7* and I go against gear 11 characters in node 12 and I beat them if I can then anybody with the right team can
  • Options
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    @ElfCabbage:
    Especially with my mixed team I try to get Boba, QGJ and JE out with as much turn meter as possible. Phasma with at least some. If I can make that happen I change them in for a spot in my standart GW team. Especially important before fight 9, 11 and 12. 6 isn't that hard most of the time.

I know, this takes much time, but if I take the time I pretty much always make it.

But the most important thing you should take away from this is turn meter on key chars.
    key in my opinion: Boba, Phasma, EP, (JE,) QGJ against Shoretrooper or baze, STH (I have a weak one, thats why I mostly don't use him)
    Bl4ckDe4th

Good post.
    But I dont understand, why to take out tm from Phasma? She/he/it speeds up all allies with advance.
    If it would starts first, it gives +50% tm to all plus adv. -> best start into node 12.

Can you explain again, why holding back tm on Phasma plz.

PS: Bobbi abilityblock can save a game also...
  • TK_420
    1 posts Member
    Options
    lamikgb1 wrote: »
    Even opening Wedge dont allow to use it as leader on GW and complete it each day. Pls dont support lie about 59 lvl player with 4* Wedge can kill pack of 7* 70-75 lvl heroes as on my screen.
    Shipments bring (rare as hell) a shard or multiple shards but you still need 65 for achieve 5* and still can be eaten by synergy teams very well.
    Incredible luck, game event reward and opinion of high lvl players with everything on top 985 lvl, top gear, zeta) cannot be WORKABLE soultion for every day gameplay of everyone. Especially if you just hit 59 lvl and meet 81 player in GW.
    Polish your precious cards but stop to whine on forums when ppl trying to fix bugs like GW matching. Kktnxbye.

I got wedge free cause I play on iOS first off. Secondly stars don't help a toons strength and power as much as gear does so and just about everyone that knows anything about this game knows that, well...except for you...a level 59 wedge and Biggs fully modded can certainly beat some level 70-75 7* toons long as you use the right strategy and target the most dangerous toons first. The kicker is that I finish it in 20-30 minutes a day too.

Remember when you were a kid and you couldn't beat the boss on your favorite game but other people beat it easily? Well..that same game challenge mentality applies also to this game.

Just face it..you're not good at this game like you think you are. Your roster sucks, your strategy is wrong and the reason GWs isn't gonna be changed is because of people like me that beat it everyday on a regular basis. Gw isn't even close to being broken.

Call me a liar if that makes you feel better but I have no reason to lie, anyways...

You're either a Pro, or a noob..that's life so deal with it.

Since you shoot from the hip and wanna call people liars cause they beat stuff something you can't..that's good for you that you can't beat Galatic wars. I hope it gets even worse and you get so mad you break the device you're playing on cause you slammed it into a wall.

How do you say it??? Kkthxbye

Maybe he isnt that good at the game but at least he isnt a giant **** like you
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is the way the game calculates the toons Power, If you are putting resources into toons lik Chewie, old Ben and Initiate, you are in some serious problems in GW
    Power calculation of toons is the part that's totally ridiculously unbalanced and sadly the thing that effect what opponents you meet in GW
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • FarmerMD
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This post is almost correct; it's the combination of mismatching in GW and the zeta abilities that's screwing people over. I've been level 85 for months now and have been playing for over a year. There was a point that I beat GW every day without any issue. Then zetas hit and now the game is totally unbalanced to anyone not running a zeta squad. Now, I get through nodes 1 - 11 with my Rebel team (no casualties) and as soon as I hit Node 12, I get a zeta Maul team with Zeta Savage Oppress (seriously?) or just a zeta Barriss and just one of these characters kills off my entire army of toons. Before zetas, all of these toons were considered second rate at best. Now, they're all but invincible. But, because I haven't focused on (translation: willing to pay for) zeta materials, I'm screwed? Come on; why not rebalance the game instead? And I totally agree with the other posters that match ups based on power level is dumb since ability upgrades don't add all that much to power but make a squad considerably harder to kill.
  • Options
    I've tried to think of ways to fix this and best I can come up with is breaking players into tiers. There's already benchmarks in the game. Once you have the minimum requirement you are classified to that tier. GW would pull from same tier battles 1-6 and tier above you battles 7-12.
    Something like:

Tier 1: all players
    Tier 2. Obtain level 85
    Tier 3: obtain yoda
    Tier 4: obtain 7* Yoda
    Tier 5: obtain emperor palpatine
    Tier 6: obtain 7* palp
    Tier 7: obtain 1st zeta material
    Tier 8: obtain first zeta upgrade
    Tier 9: obtain 2nd zeta upgrade OR unlock Han solo
    Tier 10: obtain 7* Han OR any squad power over 50,000
    Tier 11: obtain general kenobi
    Tier 12: obtain 7* kenobi

Subject to much tweaking/balancing but you get the idea. It should say right in your character info what tier you are in and GW should stick to that, along with other matchmaking. Yeah its a little bit of coding but not really too much overall and fixes big problems.

I would love this reward system!
    Seeing how I and my boyfriend can beat GW every single day!
    I usually manage with minimal loses.
    This is from a girl who is level 76, using level 66 teams. On my highest leveled.
    If you wanna check, here's what I use my mods all that

https://swgoh.gg/u/mskitten/

Gimme this reward system EA
  • Options
    Just get as far as you can. The rewards aren't that great anyway.

It's all kinds of messed up, I have a pretty strong roster and can't beat 12 (which is always the game-breaking GK & Chaze buffathon)
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just want to add my two cents worth.

If this isn't broken.... it's TERRIBLE.

I get General Kenobi squads 7*/g11 with multiple zeta'd characters.

Today's was Kenobi, 5s, Barris, Rex, Boba... all max skilled (count the zetas)

It's a running joke in my guild: "Todays GW kenobi team is..."

This is SO FAR out of my league it's not even funny... and it's 9/10 times some kenobi variation is my final.

Starting from node 12, I'm always up against a Zaul or Zader squad... usually both before last. =/

EDIT: To whoever said it is based off your starting team... this is soooo wrong it's almost laughable. I usually end up throwing everything I have at last node (beat it ONCE due to shear luck/rng.. but ONCE only in a month+... been like this since about lvl 82--I'm now 85). Point being I end the day with the worst squad possible, meaning I start the next day with the worst squad possible and it is still always the same.
  • Boceefus
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Amen brotha. The matchmaking system is wack. Also, if the enemy team has a maxed out Barris Offee, it's impossible to beat.