Shard Shop

Anyone think it's worth getting a few extra shards from the gw for existing 7* characters. Do we know if these characters will change any time soon?

Replies

• I wouldn't purposely spend currency on shards you don't need until we know what the conversion rate will be and what characters will be offered in the shop. you can always buy the shards when the shop opens.
  • not worth it at all. the exchange rate wont be worth it. tradimg 5 lumi shards for 1 ig86 isnt worth it. unlock him with 5 shards in shipments.
  • So we don't know the exchange rate yet. Ok will hold fire and see. Spose it also depends which characters you can buy if it's any then maybe worth it?
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    not worth it at all. the exchange rate wont be worth it. tradimg 5 lumi shards for 1 ig86 isnt worth it. unlock him with 5 shards in shipments.

If it takes 5 Lumi for 1 IG-86. Maybe it will be 5 Lumi for 1 Old Ben (or some other character that is card pack only). Should probably hold judgement until we see it in action.
  • i guess either way i wouldnt want to spend 400 GW tokens for 1 old ben shard. it would take over a month of winning GW every day and pumping all your tokens into lumi to convert them to ben and unlock him. you could unlock 5 shipment characters in that time.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    i guess either way i wouldnt want to spend 400 GW tokens for 1 old ben shard. it would take over a month of winning GW every day and pumping all your tokens into lumi to convert them to ben and unlock him. you could unlock 5 shipment characters in that time.

Sure, but the purpose is to avoid wasted shards. Sometimes you get shards from Bronzium, or from GW that you have already 7*'ed. What are you going to do with those? Right now, nothing. The shop is designed for that purpose, not for the purpose of farming someone you have to get someone else.
  • understandable, but 90% of the players wont have enough extra shards to unlock anything. i have been playing since launch and have exactly 2 extra shards. only the people that go crazy on chromium will have the shards to get anything in exchange.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    i guess either way i wouldnt want to spend 400 GW tokens for 1 old ben shard. it would take over a month of winning GW every day and pumping all your tokens into lumi to convert them to ben and unlock him. you could unlock 5 shipment characters in that time.

Sure, but the purpose is to avoid wasted shards. Sometimes you get shards from Bronzium, or from GW that you have already 7*'ed. What are you going to do with those? Right now, nothing. The shop is designed for that purpose, not for the purpose of farming someone you have to get someone else.

This +1
  • sure, hes right, +1 to that. but, the OP was asking if it was worth getting extra shards from GW shipments to exchange in the shard shop. i was just answering the question, not opening a discussion on what the purpose of the shard shop is.
  • sure, hes right, +1 to that. but, the OP was asking if it was worth getting extra shards from GW shipments to exchange in the shard shop. i was just answering the question, not opening a discussion on what the purpose of the shard shop is.

You are correct that was what I was asking.

Main reason is I'm close to getting some characters you can only buy/rng so to unlock them the shard shop may be the option. But as we don't know who can be purchased it's currently not worth it. Although I do have a few thousand gw tokens.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    If you have a few thousand, you clearly have no plans to spend them on anything? Not going to hurt to have some extra. But we have no way of knowing if it is "worth it" at this point, since, as Widget pointed out, we have no idea what the exchange rate will be, or what toons wills be available for purchase with this new currency.
  • The way I see it the shard shop is a new means to slowly grind chromium toons. In that sense, I'm hoarding my points.
  • another issue is: you now have the ability to spend those war tokens almost freely until the 8th. once the 8th is past it will revert back to crystals to refresh and you will be stuck with those tokens for quite a while. so the choice is spend them now and unlock a few toons, spend them now and over buy a toon in hopes that you can exchange for something better after the patch, or , horde them untill the patch and THEN over buy if that is a viable option.
  • Well I have maxed lum, Phasma, almost poggle and almost Ig. Other toons I'm not that fussed about. Hoping they will bring in more characters. Think I'm gonna hold on and just see what happens.