How to make droids powerful again with one buff

I'm curious what ONE THING droid users would like most that they believe would make them instantly viable again at the top of arena. Droids now don't stand a chance against Zaul or just about any team with a Zeta Barriss and have been on the decline since Wiggs was on top of the food chain. My solution is simple, get rid of the need for Jawa Engineer and make General Grievous grant all droid allies 100% TM for his zeta ability. With that you now have a cleanse at the beginning of the match from B2, the possibility of inflicting healing immunity from Grievous and you gain another high dps attacker. Other abilities I considered but thought too op were the ability to no longer be countered, a chance to rez, a phasma style chance to assist and of course the additions of R2, C-3PO or BB-8. So what are your ideas for abilities that could provide an immediate boost so droids could compete at the top of arena once again without going completely too op?

Replies

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Droids are dead. Move on.
  • Olddumper wrote: »

Actually they are the next major faction getting zetas.
  • Give HK a zeta that gives him a taunt + retribution + gain 10% health any time another droid gets critically hit.
  • Great suggestion pal, I can see you really put a lot of thought into that. I run Sith currently so I'm way ahead of you on that one
  • Give ig-88 a zeta that gives him BHR
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »

....and then he woke up. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Only buff I think droids would really need to be viable again is to throw a cleanse on JE's recalibrate IMO.

Yes, the crit hate is nasty, Other things too, but daze and stun are killers for those glass cannons.

Not that it's so bad on my young shard. I have taken top 10 for 10 days straight, top 5 for 5 of them. Once there is more than one Zaul on my shard, however...
  • Ig:88 Adaptive Aim Algorithm Zeta

At the start of battle and whenever a droid defeats an enemy that unit gains Assassin Algorithm.
    Assasin Algorithm: Attacks from this unit ignore armor (or defense) and do not trigger effects. This buff cannot be dispelled. When defeated, Droid allies gain offense up for two turns. If they already had offense up, gain defense up for two turns.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Give HK a zeta that gives him a taunt + retribution + gain 10% health any time another droid gets critically hit.

That is the most reasonable Droid buff, or in this case Zeta, I have ever seen. I'm actually all for that. Great job.
  • And if HK dies while he is taunting increase his revive chance to 100% and health gained upon revival to 70%
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    HK-47 needs two zetas... one on his revive...
    Zeta Reconstruction
    100% chance to revive at 25% hp
    75% chance to revive at 50% hp
    50% chance to revive at 100% hp
    These revives ignore "cannot be revived effects" of execute and annihilate

Another Zeta on his aoe
    Zeta Meatbag Mayhem
    Deals physical and special damage to all enemies and a 25% chance to inflict speed down, defense down, offense down, damage over time for 2 turns, ability block, daze and stagger for 2 turns. These chances are tripled vs. Jedi.

HK-47 is over 5000 years old and has served up as many meatbags as McDonald's has served chesseburgers.

The reconstruction makes him a unignoreable but inconsistant threat (like leia)

The addition of daze and stagger to his grenade give him use in groups outside of droids, and very unpredictable, and potentially able to change any battle.

• MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    I agree on the JE cleanse point. Its the one thing droids have never had - a cleanse.

I think a reworked GG, a zeta on JE and HK, and at least one other jawa/droid released into the game are all things that should be on the docket. Most importantly of course GG rework, but beyond that the droids need to see some squad diversity.

Every other faction has options, but the droids are locked into HK, 88, 86, JE, and B2 (MAYBE Nebit instead of B2). It's dull for people playing as and against droids.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    HK-47 needs two zetas... one on his revive...
    Zeta Reconstruction
    100% chance to revive at 25% hp
    75% chance to revive at 50% hp
    50% chance to revive at 100% hp
    These revives ignore "cannot be revived effects" of execute and annihilate

Another Zeta on his aoe
    Zeta Meatbag Mayhem
    Deals physical and special damage to all enemies and a 25% chance to inflict speed down, defense down, offense down, damage over time for 2 turns, ability block, daze and stagger for 2 turns. These chances are tripled vs. Jedi.

HK-47 is over 5000 years old and has served up as many meatbags as McDonald's has served chesseburgers.

The reconstruction makes him a unignoreable but inconsistant threat (like leia)

The addition of daze and stagger to his grenade give him use in groups outside of droids, and very unpredictable, and potentially able to change any battle.

This is what I'm talking about. HK with an auto-taunt, retribution gain, and Health recover every time a Droid is crit isn't good enough. He needs a Zeta on an ability that's already maxed, and to ignore cannot be revived effects. And why does he need to be viable outside of Droid squads? He's a Droid leader. Who's going to run him as a fifth in their Empire, Jedi, Rebel, Sith, etc. teams.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »

....and then he woke up. ;)

:lol::lol:
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Tenacity up at the start of battle for two turns. That would bring them back in the spotlight without being too overpowered.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    A lead that give them accuracy and ignore stealth.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Odin_Noah wrote: »
    Tenacity up at the start of battle for two turns. That would bring them back in the spotlight without being too overpowered.

What would that accomplish?
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    A lead that give them accuracy and ignore stealth.

Really?

Auto Taunt, Retribution Gain, and Health Recovery on any Droid ally being crit, is pretty powerful. Look at Baze.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    just give 88 bounty hunters resolve. or maybe he gets it upon defeating an enemy, instead of also at the start of an encounter.
  • DracoN
    36 posts Member
    every critical droids get +10 protection :P
  • I agree, droids need a zeta upgrade. I switched to the good old zeta Maul myself, like almost every other arena shard mate. I prefer to have a mixed shard, instead of 19 zMaul in the top20.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • War
    932 posts Member
    I agree, droids need a zeta upgrade. I switched to the good old zeta Maul myself, like almost every other arena shard mate. I prefer to have a mixed shard, instead of 19 zMaul in the top20.

My shard is very mixed. Vader, Maul, QGJ, Rex, Jyn, Wiggs, Ackbar, Phasma, a Boba lead Bounty Hunter team, and my Zrennic lead. A lot of us, myself included, switch to stronger defense teams after payout. But those couple hours before payout get pretty crazy.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Ig:88 Adaptive Aim Algorithm Zeta

At the start of battle and whenever a droid defeats an enemy that unit gains Assassin Algorithm.
    Assasin Algorithm: Attacks from this unit ignore armor (or defense) and do not trigger effects. This buff cannot be dispelled. When defeated, Droid allies gain offense up for two turns. If they already had offense up, gain defense up for two turns.
    Give HK a zeta that gives him a taunt + retribution + gain 10% health any time another droid gets critically hit.
    Love it :)